COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
What pet are you picking?

So I was just a little curious regarding what pets everyone is planning to get (both those who get them from pledge packages and those who plan to get them in other ways).

• What have you decided (or are considering) to pick as your pet?

• What about that pet made you choose (or consider) it?

• What will you name your pet?

(Fauna, including pet list, can be found here)

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)

7/15/2017 2:10:17 PM #1

I'm leaning towards a Leffit! As a mayor, I think a pet that helps you to determine people's motivations would be so helpful - plus I think they look so proud and majestic in their concept art.

As for a name... Oh, that's hard. My character is probably not going to be called Caelestius, so it might be kind of funny to name it that. Maybe Smaug? Or "Emp", like short for empathy, considering their abilities.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

7/15/2017 2:11:36 PM #2

I am myself considering either a Leffit or a Fox.

I really like the fox for the help it could provide in warning you of nearby danger, that it could be useful in gathering food along the way and the fact that I have always liked foxes for some reason.

I like the leffit because it could help understand people’s motivations (by changing color) and it’s said to generally have a playful nature.

I am planning to play as an adventurer/explorer-type of character which is why I probably will choose a fox. If so I think I will name my fox Martin (although I might change my mind about that name before the game launches).

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” /Neil Gaiman

"Be good. That way you can inspire others to be good too. If not anything else, you have been good and that is one more person than it would have been without you." (My own)

7/15/2017 2:25:53 PM #3

Leffit is my favourite so I'm propably picking that but the phoenix is tempting too just because I have access to it and it revives upon death. Tho Leffit is more my type and I like it's ability.

No idea about the name, it will propably be something stupid like a joke only I understand or something funny in Finnish.

7/15/2017 3:36:46 PM #4

Wildcat sounds tempting as I am somewhat of a crazy cat lady, having one as a battlepet.. yes please. But I do not think it would fit that well in a swamp.. Might call it Morlac if I get one.

Leffit could be fun if it revealed my not so honest streak every time I tried some funny business while RPing. Guess it would end up with a not so flattering name as a result..

A pet snake of some sort would be more suitable for my character, it will most likely be possible with all the taming so I'll just go for that. But cant give it a name before I see it.

7/15/2017 5:58:26 PM #5

I'm going with the Shrubland Wildcat. I'm not much for combat myself, so having a pet that can be trained to attack/protect seems like a smart choice.

As for the name, I like Kaiju. (one of the few good things that came out of Pacific Rim was a good creature name)

If pets stack once we can merge accounts, I will also get a Phoenix, name still under deliberation.

Friend Code: B8ADDD

7/15/2017 6:25:18 PM #6

As a dras, probably a rat

7/15/2017 6:40:48 PM #7

I plan on being a hunter so fox or wildcat.

7/15/2017 7:29:00 PM #8

I'll be picking the fox I think (:

7/15/2017 7:50:24 PM #9

Hard to say without more info but probably the fox or Shrub-land Wildcat if they're Biom compatible.

Friend code: FF2B6D