COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
The Journals of Amanuensis

JOA

These 'journals' document the life and actions of Amanuensis, known as the Greater Chamberlain who was the creator and head of the Chamberlains during his lifetime. This thread will be used, through various journal entries, to identify the lore of the Chamberlains and the Grand Atheneum. I will be writing them in no particular order, just as inspiration hits me or I feel is relevant to revealing a certain aspect of his life. It's been a long time since I've written anything much, so bear with me for the time being.

Volume III

Entry I

Tonight, I take to bed with angst hanging in my mind–I am distraught. The Sages ignore my pleas; thoughts of self-preservation cloud their judgement, each one with grand delusions and selfish aspirations. I know not what I must do, I slowly lose my grasp on my very own creation and I haven't the power to stop it. Though I retain the support of the Archchamberlains, I can feel them slipping away as well, and with them, any hopes I may have for the future. The Colleges are no different, their leaders are frank in who and what they follow–their puruits need not my support, only the funds to continue. I deplore the direction the Chamberlains seek to take; the purity that I have worked so hard to achieve steadily fades as their grip tightens.

It is unequivocal, the Chamberlains are lost.

Tomorrow, I will plead with the Council once more, as it is all I can do. My petition will doubtless be to no end, but I see no other way. I oppose a way of life in our materialistic society, and I fear that we reach for the temporal, but what is one mann to a nation of people?

This ails me, but I must rest now, and hope that tomorrow brings with it a new light.

Sorry the first one's so short, but I hope it's enjoyable nonetheless.