COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Can intruders take furniture?

or do you have to hold the location for a month?

7/18/2017 4:16:58 AM #1

I strongly recommend joining the Official Discord for short questions like this. The forum goes through many periods of light activity, and the more short posts there are the less likely you are to get an answer.

That said, I think that if you can break in, you can take anything that isn't nailed down (obviously it would be illegal to do so, and the mechanism for "breaking in" is not yet described). The only possessions that are sacred are those carried on your person, and those only until someone hits you hard enough for a coup de grace.

7/18/2017 6:03:59 AM #2

Haha I could just picture someone trying to run away, in the middle of town with a desk. Why wouldn't you just steal anything that is lighter?

7/18/2017 9:09:38 AM #3

For the lazy thief:

Enter furnitured home when noticing owner being away for long time.

Sit down in a cozy couch or lie down in soft bed.

Chill while eating and drinking whatever owner have in storage.

If you are in luck the owner wont come back before you can claim the place for yourself without lifting a finger to steal anything.

If not.. well, you are tresspassing and some food and drink is missing, but that is surely no biggie to get upset over.. you were merely looking after the place, making it look occupied so someone else wouldn't steal anything..

7/18/2017 9:21:14 PM #4

I figure if guilds are more likely to have upgraded crafting tables, these tables would be pretty valuable. Would they need to be under lock and key?

7/18/2017 9:55:55 PM #5

Carrying away heavy furniture really isn't a one man job. It's not like it turns into a pocket sized inventory item.

Just make your crafting tables out of stone, good luck moving that quickly.

Friend Code: 92BF2D

7/19/2017 3:43:38 AM #6

As far as I know, you can't just put a rocking chair in your backpack. Your character would have to pick it up with both hands and keep it in their hands to move it. So drag it to a convenient cart & mule and, sure, you can steal furniture in a house but it might not be worth the effort, and it would be totally obvious that you are committing a crime. I would expect it would be far more lucrative to steal smaller possessions that might of not been locked up properly :-)

7/19/2017 3:56:07 AM #7

We're going to steal the enemy king's desk so the kingdom collapses.

7/19/2017 7:59:28 AM #8

So does that mean we need help to place our furniture in our homes? One person doesn't simple move a king sized bed around by themselves. Particularly if you have to take it up stairs. I guess you just started the first idea for a moving company.

7/19/2017 11:26:58 AM #9

Posted By Rakar at 02:59 AM - Wed Jul 19 2017

So does that mean we need help to place our furniture in our homes? One person doesn't simple move a king sized bed around by themselves. Particularly if you have to take it up stairs. I guess you just started the first idea for a moving company.

Well, if you're strong enough to lift the item yourself you could move it around. If not yeah you'll need to hire people to move it.

And yes theives can steal anything. Even things on your person (pickpockets).

7/20/2017 2:00:47 AM #10

Posted By Gunnlang at 02:03 AM - Tue Jul 18 2017

Haha I could just picture someone trying to run away, in the middle of town with a desk. Why wouldn't you just steal anything that is lighter?

Would walking out of a building and loading a cart with a desk look suspious? >

7/20/2017 2:57:03 AM #11

I would say it's possible but why would you steal a chair? or a table :|

7/20/2017 3:03:41 AM #12

I love this man. Someone give him a cookie. He's asking the real questions.

7/20/2017 3:11:33 AM #13

Posted By Aika at 9:57 PM - Wed Jul 19 2017

to fuck with people

7/24/2017 1:26:21 AM #14

hey maybe the desk Posted By Aika at 12:57 PM - Thu Jul 20 2017

maybe the desk is rich oak, coated in to gold and silver with platinum nails and joints not like it is something that hard to replace seeming he had it in the first place, assuming the guy is filthy rich. otherwise you have to be real darn desprate

7/24/2017 4:46:58 AM #15

I am a furniture salesman and I sell furniture... I also hire theives to steal the furniture for me so I always have stock to resell when I move my furniture caravan to the next city

UDL