COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Need more imput

Sorry guys/girls just a joke from Jonny 5, well the subject title is.

So I have only a few more youtube videos to watch, still have a good number of tribes to check out on the wiki but there doesnt seem to be alot for some of them.

Found a number of groups that I could play with when the game starts if I decide to join anyone.

Read most of the wiki in general.

Watched other youtube videos about CoE.

So close to finishing everything that is released(not memorised 100% but eh Iot a 100%ers)

So I decided to write this up.

Now my question is, what is everyones favorite concept about the game.

My favorite is the lack of mainstream magic items and mainstream item/weapon/armor upgrades

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/19/2017 3:33:52 AM #1

My favorite is the complete an utter lack of rails. I'm a big proponent of games that just throw the player into the game world without so much as a mini quest to open your inventory. I hate the idea of a game throwing quest after quest after quest, monster after monster, until the person reaches "end game". I'm tired of this recipe, I feel like it's extremely dated and want more freedom to do what I want (which is mostly to farm haha). I'm one of those people who really don't need combat to have a good time in a game and I love that COE basically says "Combat, who needs it?" to the people who like crafting/etc, says "Crafting, who needs it?" to the people who like combat, and to the people who don't want either "Do whatever the heck you want then, I guess.". It's delightful.

moderator hat: moving this topic to general discussion

7/20/2017 12:46:23 AM #2

Awesome, yeah fallout 4 killed me with its system of repetitive questing and endless combat(its a game about combat but you guys know what I am talking about) with little story to be drawn in. I feel this game is going to amazing. I fear my plan to work with a town/group might make it increasingly difficult to play how I want(not in being requested to do stuff) but as in listening to the stories of others and forgetting I have berries to harvest or a delicate contract to complete. I mean how cool will that be when you could spend as much time playing as listening/reading about other stories and sharing your own.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/20/2017 1:19:05 AM #3

Varhukan you said Posted By Varhukan

Found a number of groups that I could play with when the game starts if I decide to join anyone.

I hope you do understand that unless you are playing in a Kingdom controlled by an NPC if you own land you will be "joining" someone as obviously the king and his nobles will have the majority of the control in the kingdom. As I am sure you have seen there are 6 kingdom slots per server and most of them are filled at this point. Here is a super helpful google doc that is kept up to date on the Kings and their Dukes here is a post to the forum thread.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/15731/kingdom-and-duchy-master-list

I hope you find your spot within the game and if you are on NA East we might even see each other.

7/20/2017 1:47:29 AM #4

The whole idea of this game is great. My favorite part hmm this is really hard. I have to go with just the open do what you want style of gameplay. Be who you want be that a king or a farmer its just great no other way to put it.

7/20/2017 1:51:09 AM #5

My favorite part is core game design that for each action there will be foreseen or unforeseen consequences, for a first time we get living breathing world instead of painted stage where truly we can not affect anything but just along for the ride.

Fundamentally in COE we can affect the world.