COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Gifting Ip to Monarchs

Ok as has been noted there is a lot of concern in the community regarding kingdom selection and the new major concerns of not being able to play the tribes they want on the level they want IE as county level or duchy level tribes… to discount this concern or flop it away with “there will be other tribes in kingdoms any way why worry” is completely disregarding the major concerns of those of us with titles.

The diffrence between a blacksmith getting a shity tribe choice vs a count is a vast difference. IE i will use myself as a example. I chose Naren because they have the most benefits to my plan of being a county focused on food production. Don't get me wrong other tribes will have food production methods but naren just has the most balanced.

I can Breed cattle i can plant grains i can chop trees for their wood as a side business. Nearly every other tribe i look at can do 1 or the others but not all.. So for my goals and plans a Naren Suits me to a T more than any other tribe could. But the chances of me getting naren are limited to what my kingdom gets in domain selection.

So thinking on this i came up with a idea or should i say i revived a old idea.

Gifting IP to Monarchs.

hmm this subject had come up once before regarding the question why we could not donate ip from a account to leader to give them a better Choosing rank for domain selections.

now at first i advised against it due the complication of having to setup a system that would allow anyone to donate to any one but after thinking on it i have a compromise that should work and makes sense.

Which is to allow any player to donate the IP or a portion of their IP to their Monarch of choice.

now bear with me as i go thru this and explain the reason why.

Reasoning

ok the issue with the plan was with to many recipients it would take to much coding and could turn into a real shit show but what if we limited it to Monarchs then this should make life easier as there would be only 6 accounts per server (apac has 4) so 22 in total that could be donated too.

Something similar to this has been done with the token system but sadly that only helps in a certain way that sadly does not help in domain selection. but i feel if they do that then allowing to donate IP would make just makes sense.

Why is it needed?

the Kingdoms we have made are flourishing we have organized duchies Counties even towns and we are organizing these around the wishes of the kingdoms which include what tribe every one wants.

but when it comes to domain selection it comes down to the finances of 1 person to determine the fate for hundreds if not thousands of players.

Why i understand the reasonings and that maybe SBS underestimated the amount of organizing that kingdoms have done i feel that now it is time to address this issue why we have time.

I personally don't feel kings should be forced to pay to provide for the tribal needs of their kingdoms alone. i know alot of players out there would love to help their kings so they get a better chance come domain selection to not only get the best lands for the kingdom but the tribe that most the kingdom would like to play.

This one moment in game play will define players lives for the next 10 years so allowing players to help their kings or queens of choice get the spot that will benefit the whole kingdom just makes sense.

But there will be conclaves so u should be able to place the races you want.

yes i am aware there will be conclaves within a kingdom that players could spawn from but these conclaves cant cover every player or mayor or count or duke if they get the wrong tribe.

So if a kingdom worth of players, mayors, barons, counts and dukes all want to go a tribe but fail to get it because there king could not invest enough personal money into the game to make it happen it just not gonna be cool.

The only option they have currently is to setup a RL money donation system. Which i am sure as hell SBS does not wish to have to deal with that in the background let alone the monarchs.

Closing

So in closing i feel that SBS would be well served to look at this kinda option and see what sort of delays implementing this system would cause.

Leaving it as it is will just make for a lot of issues within kingdoms trying to get the tribe they want having to look into options that SBS never intended.

I feel allowing this system will put some power back in the common player to help define their play experience which i feel is inline with every thing that SBS has done to date.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/19/2017 2:27:03 PM #1

The power is still in the common players hands. They select where to go after the monarch after all.

This would also show favoritism to those of the Monarch tier.

Even the showing of EP items demonstrated that all people can buy each item (sure a count cannot but the package for a duchy, but they can buy each item within it).

I for one am against such an idea.

7/19/2017 2:55:54 PM #2

So rather than solving the issue as some people see it, you'd rather have more ways of passing the shitty end of the stick to someone else?

7/19/2017 3:21:57 PM #3

Posted By Jarri at 3:27 PM - Wed Jul 19 2017

The power is still in the common players hands. They select where to go after the monarch after all.

Even the showing of EP items demonstrated that all people can buy each item (sure a count cannot but the package for a duchy, but they can buy each item within it).

I think you are confusing EP with IP.

Ip is used to choose the pick order of domain and show your dedication to the game.

EP is used for exposition.

Posted By grandad1982 at 3:55 PM - Wed Jul 19 2017

So rather than solving the issue as some people see it, you'd rather have more ways of passing the shitty end of the stick to someone else?

I agree they should look at the tribes and look at people's concerns rather than just passing it on. We all built are communities on the basis we would all be playing Mann. Now we have these tribes and some people will get lumped with a tribe that is totally alien to what they built.

edit*

By the way those that are disliking this post, it's a good suggestion since they are not going to answer people's concerns.

7/19/2017 3:23:13 PM #4

Posted By grandad1982 at 10:55 AM - Wed Jul 19 2017

have to agree - this system basically leaves players with the option of playing a tribe/biome they like or playing with people they like unless they are extremely fortunate and those 2 things overlap. It is what it is, they would have to drastically redesign a lot to change things. This may not be what we expected, but it's what we got - my advice is get over wanting this tribe or that tribe and stick with the people you have been getting to know over last 2+ years.

7/19/2017 3:26:34 PM #5

This wouldn't actually change anything. It would just create an arms race and shift the problem around until domain selection, with the problem still remaining in the end.

The real problem is people coming into the game with closed minds and preconceived notions, rather than seeing the game as it is, and working within it's systems.

7/19/2017 3:27:36 PM #6

Posted By Sanguinesh Eviscerator at 4:23 PM - Wed Jul 19 2017

Posted By grandad1982 at 10:55 AM - Wed Jul 19 2017

have to agree - this system basically leaves players with the option of playing a tribe/biome they like or playing with people they like unless they are extremely fortunate and those 2 things overlap. It is what it is, they would have to drastically redesign a lot to change things. This may not be what we expected, but it's what we got - my advice is get over wanting this tribe or that tribe and stick with the people you have been getting to know over last 2+ years.

Which is fine until you realise your guild of knights are now tree hobbits that can't mount your war trisons or fight as shocktroops

7/19/2017 3:34:23 PM #7

Thank you for posting your thoughts Mandrake, I do think this is a good thing to debate as we toe the line between not demanding of the developers while giving them ideas and pushing them to improve the enjoyment of the game, especially given as you rightly said something as major as domain selection will have an impact on many players throughout the entirety of the game (though hopefully not majority of all the players Chronicles of Elyria will have!).

I don't see an issue with this proposal in terms of donating IP, I don't wager it would be difficult to implement on the backend (though I can only amateurishly guess at that, maybe it would be time-consuming.) and it gives players more choice. It is of course up to Soulbound.

For me I would like to see more information on the point you made about Conclaves. We know Conclaves will exist but to what extent? This will of course influence largely how important the Kingdom pick of tribe is. If every kingdom can expect to have one Neran majority and Neran biome county on average SOMEWHERE in the kingdom for instance the concerns of folks like yourself diminishes.

We've seen a lot of back and forth from Soulbound on this and its a point of uncertainty I hope is cleared up a good bit before domain selection when we get to look at the server map. We know for instance Soulbound has scoffed at the idea of a Tundra or Desert kingdom where that is the only place desert can be found on the entire continent but how rigid are these biomes then, does that mean a Desert in some other kingdom will HAVE to be populated by Waerd or does it depend on how close that desert is to the Waerd kingdom?

Ultimately my main concern is with large amounts of backers being dissatisfied with where they end up at domain selection which is partially inevitable but it doesn't hurt for us to discuss and try to offer ways to minimize that to Soulbound.

Off the top of my head I could think, 1. Allow donation of IP like you're saying. 2. Allow multiple tribes among title holders within reason, i.e. a Waerd Count in a biome bordering a desert. 3. Allow customization of a server to reflect a server's desires. If all the monarchs on one server dislike the idea of playing the Dras kingdom perhaps their swamp can overlap 2 or 3 kingdoms and make up multiple duchies giving them a sort of Kurdistan type of potential power or dynamic.

That being said I think the current system works and people should look into being flexible. Learn to love multiple tribes and find something in all of them. You'll be disappointed eventually and tribe might be one of many disappointments.

7/19/2017 3:59:52 PM #8

There already is a mechanic in place for this....

Use your King's friendcode when signing up.

7/19/2017 4:07:13 PM #9

Just mail your king a check. They can then buy more EP. Or use a PayPal account and send them money.

7/19/2017 4:31:29 PM #10

Posted By DavanOrdanska at 08:21 AM - Wed Jul 19 2017

Posted By Jarri at 3:27 PM - Wed Jul 19 2017

I think you are confusing EP with IP.

No, I am not. The point was - Even the EP store (which was accused of having imbalances between the tiers) had some sort of compromise to include all tiers.

I am very much aware there is a difference between the two and what that difference is.

Edit: Although I disagree with this concept being implemented in the manner suggested +1 as it is a thought out argument.

7/19/2017 5:39:52 PM #11

Posted By Hollowsong at 01:59 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

There already is a mechanic in place for this....

Use your King's friendcode when signing up.

mate as you know most of us made accounts before joining kingdoms so why i do like that your trying to offer options the option you offer is unworkable.

Posted By Kaynadin at 02:07 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Just mail your king a check. They can then buy more EP. Or use a PayPal account and send them money.

this is what i refereed to in my post but truly should kings have to do this? i know my king hates the very idea of this and i can understand his reasoning that he dose not wish to deal with this sort of complexity or make people send him money.

this is not a ponzi scheme and the moment we have to start looking at these options is the moment it becomes one.

we have systems in place like token gifting and such i see no reason we cant look at gifting IP.

i think it is the more reasonable compromise in the situation.

plus what happens if some king trys this and then dose something dodgy... even though SBS had nothing to do with it if that happened and became public then suddenly all that matters is the words "COE" and "fraudulent actives"...

(and yes i know the argument that the king will probly have a revolt if he dose that as soon as game gose live but ha if he made more then he spent on his kingship he still wins out...)

do we truly want this sort of thing happening because we were unwilling to look at other safer and securer options to the issue.

personally i would like to see a nice controversy free game.

lets not forget what happened during the pax event where there we claims of outside users taking part of a pax only event to stack a deck.

this will all reflect back on SBS and personally i feel they dont deserve that when all they trying to do is provide us with a good game.

ha all our fears could be unfounded but truly do you want to take the risk?

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/19/2017 5:51:03 PM #12

This ain't a scene...

It's a GOD! DAMN! ARMS! RACE!

7/19/2017 6:19:40 PM #13

Personal opinion.

What your proposing is essentially an open bidding war on Selection Order. Though I understand that this could happen anyway (unlikely imho), SBS formally recognizing it and setting up a system would make the Pay-to-Win spectre we have to deal with more real.

Its a bad image, and doesn't actually address the perceived problem.

7/19/2017 6:29:59 PM #14

You still haven't explained how it's anything other than just moving the problem around rather than addressing the root cause.

7/19/2017 10:16:11 PM #15

It's not addressing the problem. But thats the wholr point sbs don't think it's a problem that our communities that have been around a year might split because "Players can't see the good points to the tribes".

Thing is I can see the good points but a kipiq breeding hounds and riding a war trisons into combat alongside his fellow knights....