COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Is it fully destructible?

So can you like destroy trees in the wild and just build your own house in the woods? or is it restricted to city plots. I like the idea of like hidden villages that people can make so it isn't a "Official" town or city.

Example: groups of farmers or people

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

7/20/2017 5:12:25 AM #1

You can cut down trees and build a house/cabin. The mechanics for a settlement counting as a hamlet, town, village etc would be a little different. You'll essentially be playing the survival elements a bit more.

Check this out for more infos: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/6549/DJ-18-Kingdom-Land-Management

And while things are mostly destructible, punching trees won't chop down a tree, you need siege weapons to break down walls etc. Logical things.

7/20/2017 5:17:08 AM #2

So I can build ANYWHERE?(Except in towns etc)....

Meaning I can hidea house in a forest?

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

7/20/2017 5:35:51 AM #3

Posted By ZeekPlayzYT at 12:17 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Yes and yes, however, you'd have to go through the land claiming system and hope nobody cares enough to evict you from the lord's lands

7/20/2017 1:17:43 PM #4

Posted By MatrimCauthon at 01:35 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Posted By ZeekPlayzYT at 12:17 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Yes and yes, however, you'd have to go through the land claiming system and hope nobody cares enough to evict you from the lord's lands

You only need to go through the land claiming system if you want to legally own the land with all the protections under the law that gives you. You can build illegally, but if you are caught, the owner can legally use force to evict you. This is an important consideration for bandits and other deviants. You can build anywhere if you can also get away with it.

Shieldwall Strong!

7/23/2017 7:30:32 PM #5

The Systems is beautiful that way. (Or at least it seams)