COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How will messaging be done, will it be done by ravens/birds or will it be solely done by player couriers?

Like if its going to be players, how will guilds that are spread out function will they be based on third party software.

The Job above all else, reputation is harder to gain than people are to hire.

7/22/2017 9:08:24 PM #1

text chat in game.

there will be quite a few channels i suspect.

7/22/2017 9:10:58 PM #2

I may have slightly overthought the situation and requirements and the fact its a mmo more than a hardcore survival :D

The Job above all else, reputation is harder to gain than people are to hire.

7/22/2017 10:05:27 PM #3

Dev Journal #4: The Chat System

this might answer some of your questions.

7/22/2017 11:33:40 PM #4

I am sure the third party software point is also spot on. Many people/groups enjoy being able to interact via comms in addition to text.

7/22/2017 11:55:00 PM #5

I would not trust third party software when reviewing Contracts, make sure you have a translator with you or know the language the contract is written in.

(watch out the translator doesn't work for the person writing the contract as well.)

I can see a few deviants using that advantage to trick you into signing something, that would not be in your best interest. (I know I would use it against someone if they depended heavily on third party software, or trying to get around the language restrictions in game.)

7/23/2017 5:14:22 AM #6

the raven or pigon may be somthing we would need to train to the role but may be a option for ultra small messages but wont be useful for contracts or any thing more meaninful.

so i figure some transport company will wrangle some extra income from offering a mail delivery service on routs they travel.

but yes we will make the systems for this not sbs.

which is indeed good maybe just maybe we can train candis rabbits (think i wrong lol) to take delivries... thats what i call protected Secure express mail option :)

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/23/2017 12:53:19 PM #7

Ravens\Pidgeons sounds like an awesome way to send messages. Not accessible to all though. Most of you will have access to the founders channel which will be as close to a server wide channel as things will likely get.

Just checked, funnily enough you get that at the founder level and above. All you rank 1 & 2's take heed, I don't think access to this in game chat channel should be under estimated.

Then again it may just end up being a spam fest.

Friend & Conquest Code: 6B3A23

7/23/2017 6:52:01 PM #8

I agree on using birds to delivery messages, but what is to stop someone from using a third party message system to alert someone is being attacked. The time it would take to get a message out and for those forces to gather to respond could be the deciding factors in the battle. (now depending on what side you are on you might agree or disagree.) But to make it realistic I would say we don't want a third party message system to effect outcomes of battles. Think using it takes away from the deviant/PVP Players.

7/23/2017 7:23:16 PM #9

Posted By Iccubus at 11:52 AM - Sun Jul 23 2017

But to make it realistic I would say we don't want a third party message system to effect outcomes of battles. Think using it takes away from the deviant/PVP Players.

Third party voice messaging will happen. There is simply no stopping it.