COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Undecided? Me to!

With all the possibilities out there for the game, I haven't a clue what direction I plan to go with the game. A life of crime? Perhaps falsifying documents, crafting disguises, or be the one putting these things to use. Law enforcement? Investigate those very same crimes and the cause behind them. Adventure? The classic dungeon diver (or more creatively) a scout and map maker. With the possibilities in mind, I have my personal preferences, but has anyone been putting any tools to use to help them narrow down the choices? I will be entering at Alpha 2 as a Proprietor.

7/23/2017 3:31:06 PM #1

My plans change almost weekly. LOL. My main deal will be a Count but I may want to be good at the bow and go off exploring while I leave my spouse at home to run things. OR playing a witch is a strong possiablity. I have thoughts on being a certain type of proprietor as well.

7/23/2017 3:31:23 PM #2

Just a few ideas to get you started:

Are you already affiliated with a Kingdom, etc?
If so, what are their needs?

As a proprietor, do you want to be part of something already established? Or build your own company from scratch?

Is there a particular tribe that appeals to you?

Is there a biome that you like? Mountains? Swamps?

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

7/23/2017 3:35:37 PM #3

I have had a basic idea down for a few characters, that really hasn't changed much since I first backed. But I like to leave most things up in the air, with how everything can change so easily.

7/23/2017 5:27:04 PM #4

The possibilities for professions and coming up with new ones is quite substantial when you think about it, but CoE is aiming for a long lifespan. Plenty of time to try out different things, or switch out once the spark life goes out.

Domain Selection will certainly make decisions easier as we will know what tribe, and resources to use.

7/23/2017 8:41:12 PM #5

Posted By kajoreh at 11:31 AM - Sun Jul 23 2017

Just a few ideas to get you started:

Are you already affiliated with a Kingdom, etc?
If so, what are their needs?

As a proprietor, do you want to be part of something already established? Or build your own company from scratch?

Is there a particular tribe that appeals to you?

Is there a biome that you like? Mountains? Swamps?

I am currently reading every Dev Journal to get a much better grasp of the game, but I joined up after some personal research that sold it for me. I know little so far and have only recently joined the community. I am totally freelance right now, and will likely look at going the way of a traveling merchant, and/or map maker. I have no kingdom, guild, tribe, or family affiliations as of yet. Though plans for a family are well under way.

7/24/2017 7:31:56 PM #6

I hear you there, I would like to play a traveling guardsman freelance but then some days I feel like playing a town champion. Another week later, I want to grow animals and run a farm. ANother week maybe a ranged fighter again comes through my mind. Its so great.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/25/2017 3:12:26 AM #7

ill be crafting a lot... or maybe killing ppl, just depends on how many irritating ppl are going to be playing.

Backer #733 "What do we tell the God of Death? not today... not today!"

7/30/2017 11:25:47 PM #8

Just discovered the game a week ago, but it looks to be one that i have been long looking for. Played Shadowbane back in the day, alway as a carebear. Mostly interested in the process of turning a settlement into a city from the ground up, with some adventure mixed in. Not making any tribe choices until exposition, and hopefully by then I can rope my DDO guildies into joining.

Glad greetings from the smitten.

9/13/2017 1:23:28 AM #9

I've been shadowing the forums for quite awhile so that I would not hold myself to any decisions, I waited to see what all the guilds/associations/organisations were like and decided to make a parody organisation to protect OPCs.

10/8/2017 5:36:43 AM #10

I'm not undecided but rather I have many ideas on what I wish to do in game! Like medical, alchemical, adventures, leading, so many different things that I want to do and I've decided to do them all ^.^

I hope that you can find what you want to do and do it! :D

11/24/2017 11:14:34 PM #11

I have a general idea of what I want to be (that being a child soldier then an explorer in the colder lands as a dras). Although the devs have said that most things can still change as they're in development like racial positives and negatives. Devs in one of their said to not go for a race just by their racial skills, but by their history, art and the general lore in the game. Do you want to be a fancy pants mercenary? Janoa. A sophisticated judge and merchant? To'resk. A meat eating hairy ball of raging muscle? Brudvir.

Just read the race's backstory and how they treat general life and death, or just them selves.

I will be a Dras because I love to play the 'hated' race, like Argonian in TES games. Even though Dras let the dead decompose in the public and then write the history of the person on their bones, then decorate their ancestral home with it, they have a positive attitude towards life.

So just pick the race that you respect and/or wish to be, and put a working profession on top of it.

11/25/2017 1:47:15 AM #12

I decided that I wanted to pursue tasks that aligns with my positions as a countess and an academy principal, so bardic skills like scribing, language, cartography, scholarship, and architecture are areas I want to pursue.

12/17/2017 5:36:19 PM #13

I have some ideas of what I want to be and do, but nothing concrete yet. I want an adventurer that can make his own equipment and maps, specializing in bows and leather, who later in life settles in one place and opens an inn. Lots of different skills to work with there.

I also just now had a fun idea for a Kypiq doctor who walks the line between healing and poisoning... Small deft hands make for easier surgery.