COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
NA-W LGBT+ CoE Players

Seeing as how I've noticed a few from their posts in the forums, thought I'd post to see who else is out there.

What are you hoping for the game?

Any concerns?

Also, gaming friends while waiting for CoE are greatly appreciated, too!

7/26/2017 7:49:55 AM #1

I hope people won't think of themselves as themselves + CoE players..We'll have all different types of people and beliefs may not always agree but I hope the community segregation won't be a thing. We're all just CoE players...Not saying I want to force people together because it's "the right thing" but I don't want people feel like they need to be in their own community due to assholes.

7/26/2017 10:03:52 AM #2

But in all seriousness, we are all CoE players. Do not do what Final Fantasy is doing, do not segregate us based on the social problems of the real world.

We're all here for CoE, it shouldn't matter what you do or who you want to take to bed. Unless it's me, which is flattering.

If someone has a problem with you, just simply cut them out and just them. Don't cut out the rest of the community who wouldn't care or don't care and just see you as another human being, etc etc.

7/26/2017 2:56:34 PM #3

One of the best (but least popular) ways of ending prejudice is to stop delineating one's self as different... For as long as you maintain the salience of your difference you will be viewed as an outgroup.

7/26/2017 6:21:46 PM #4

I'm hoping for a fun and social experience with the community. I'm hoping to be part of a multi-cultural city of mixed tribes, and to be able to have light-hearted fun with the cultural differences between them, while keeping it playful and not mean.

As far as concerns go..

A large part of the game involves families and offspring. I am hoping that there will be some system that includes gay marriage with the option to contract a surrogate or perhaps adopting a ward of the state and then ear-marking that child as your heir. I just don't want to be shoe-horned into a straight marriage to be able to have a family.

Also, it is Pride week in the place that I live... so Happy Pride to any other LGBT+ folks out there!

7/26/2017 6:31:50 PM #5

If you want gaming friends, join the community and make friends. Discord is the easiest conduit to do so.

https://discord.gg/w2bxcfQ

NA-W "Angelica"

7/26/2017 7:08:46 PM #6

Posted By Devilkyn at 1:21 PM - Wed Jul 26 2017

I'm hoping for a fun and social experience with the community. I'm hoping to be part of a multi-cultural city of mixed tribes, and to be able to have light-hearted fun with the cultural differences between them, while keeping it playful and not mean.

As far as concerns go..

A large part of the game involves families and offspring. I am hoping that there will be some system that includes gay marriage with the option to contract a surrogate or perhaps adopting a ward of the state and then ear-marking that child as your heir. I just don't want to be shoe-horned into a straight marriage to be able to have a family.

Also, it is Pride week in the place that I live... so Happy Pride to any other LGBT+ folks out there!

Same sex marriage is a thing and you do not need to be married to have children.

All you need is a scribe. Marriage, and child birth comes from the magic of contracts.

7/26/2017 7:47:55 PM #7

An auto dislike for anyone trying to bring this first world minority politically correct crap into a gaming world. I couldn't care less what you do in your world away from the keyboard. I will judge you if or when I meet you ingame by your actions as a player.

By the way I live in the home nation of the Kathoey so I have no issues with what people do in their life, I just have issues when they are trying to force their opinions on the rest of the community.

You are either a player here for the game or you can try not to let the door hit you on the way out.

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/26/2017 8:36:48 PM #8

I can understand the commentators, who stated that we should not divide the community. However, somebody made in another post discussion a valid point that justifies the organization of LGBT groups. The argument was that it would make it easier to find same-sex marriage partners in the game (as Devilkyn pointed out, not every LGBT player wants to be forced into straight marriages, nor do all straight people want to be confronted with same-sex offers). For this reason I am planning to reserve a quarter of my city for LGBT groups. In this way, they can still be part of the larger group without compromising their individual play-style (or life-style).

7/26/2017 9:53:39 PM #9

Posted By Kant at 03:36 AM - Thu Jul 27 2017

I can understand the commentators, who stated that we should not divide the community. However, somebody made in another post discussion a valid point that justifies the organization of LGBT groups. The argument was that it would make it easier to find same-sex marriage partners in the game (as Devilkyn pointed out, not every LGBT player wants to be forced into straight marriages, nor do all straight people want to be confronted with same-sex offers). For this reason I am planning to reserve a quarter of my city for LGBT groups. In this way, they can still be part of the larger group without compromising their individual play-style (or life-style).

This is exactly what causes the divisions, minority groups feeling they have to be treated differently and segregating themselves then as soon as someone criticizes them they pull out the victim card and claim phobia.

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/26/2017 9:57:14 PM #10

Posted By Kant at 7/26/2017 8:36:48 PM

Dunno why the downvotes, but that's a good point.

To add to it, this could make us able to find support among others of our kind

If you're lgbt, the gaming community can be very toxic. Most fps games every other word seems to be a gay slur, even in a lot of the MMOs people can get pretty nasty too.

Also, we're not segregating, we're coming together. Many of my straight friends will be coming to the game too and are part of my advisers. If we were segregating they wouldn't be invited nor would I be buying the game for them lol.

7/26/2017 9:58:39 PM #11

Posted By Deftly at 7/26/2017 7:49:55 AM

I hope people won't think of themselves as themselves + CoE players..We'll have all different types of people and beliefs may not always agree but I hope the community segregation won't be a thing. We're all just CoE players...Not saying I want to force people together because it's "the right thing" but I don't want people feel like they need to be in their own community due to assholes.

The + refers to lgbt+ lol. Im not gonna type out the outrageous 8-10 letter acronym XD

7/26/2017 10:18:30 PM #12

Posted By Bedeude at 2:57 PM - Wed Jul 26 2017

If you're lgbt, the gaming community can be very toxic. Most fps games every other word seems to be a gay slur, even in a lot of the MMOs people can get pretty nasty too.

Also, we're not segregating, we're coming together. Many of my straight friends will be coming to the game too and are part of my advisers. If we were segregating they wouldn't be invited nor would I be buying the game for them lol.

The post you are quoting refers directly to segregation -- "reserve a quarter of my city for LGBT groups." That suggests an area where certain groups are, and are not allowed, to inhabit. Its precisely this self-segregation that replicates toxicity.

Like the nail that insists on sticking out, it naturally draws hammers.

7/26/2017 10:34:02 PM #13

Posted By CptBloodBeard at 05:57 AM - Thu Jul 27 2017

Especially since marriages are more for strategic purposes, outside of role playing of course.

That is just your opinion. Some people want to role play their marriages.

7/26/2017 10:38:20 PM #14

That's why I said roleplayers only. For non role players it'll be to take advantage of the mechanics. Not to stand around having awkward heartfelt talks with your game spouse.

House BloodBeard - Kill the boy, let the man be born

~~All Hail the Lord of Fire~~

7/26/2017 10:42:18 PM #15

Posted By Vucar at 07:18 AM - Thu Jul 27 2017

Posted By Bedeude at 2:57 PM - Wed Jul 26 2017

The post you are quoting refers directly to segregation -- "reserve a quarter of my city for LGBT groups." That suggests an area where certain groups are, and are not allowed, to inhabit. Its precisely this self-segregation that replicates toxicity.

Like the nail that insists on sticking out, it naturally draws hammers.

Actually, Vucar, I can show you a mathmatical proof that segregation is as good for the happiness of the whole society as forcing everybody to integrate into the majority group. However, although both solutions are as good for the whole society, they produce different winners and loosers. In the case of forcing everybody to integrate the mainstream group is the winner. And in the case of the segregation the minority groups are the winners.

(Personally, I don't like this outcome, but I have no reason to doubt math.)