COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Looking for help on joining a Kingdom (?)

I heard about this game a few months ago and decided to buy the Mayor package. I'd like to create a town for/of my group of gaming friends. We're mostly located on the east coast of the US so I'll probably go with Luna, but past that, how do I make sure we'll have a good time and I won't be squandering my mayorship?

I don't really understand where a mayor fits in the hierarchy - I was thinking that a mayor is an independent baron where the leader of a town hasn't pledged to a duchy while a baron is just a a mayor who has pledged to a duchy. Is that correct?

Since the game is several months away, I haven't delved too deep into all of this, but I think I'll need to brush up on some things so that I can join some higher form of government and work together with other mayors/barons. I want to join the community, but I find the amount/organization of information overwhelming.

My best guess is hop on some random Discord chat for CoE and start asking, but I also don't want to get suckered into some group (duchy/kingdom/etc.) that won't last.

7/26/2017 7:25:58 PM #1

Hello Sykotron! Welcome to Luna server. The difference between a mayor and baron is only dependent on if the duke helps fund the city or not. A mayor and baron can build all the same things but the mayor would be responsible for all the costs whereas the baron is funded by the duke and is expected to help raise militia. Also by being funded by the duke it is expected to answer call to arms.

If you have specific questions feel free to pm me on the forums or even come chat with myself in discord. I am the hand of the king for Kairos Kingdom and our discord can be found here: https://discord.gg/UqfwhBV

Feel free to come and chat with us as our community is always friendly and willing to help answer questions as well! If you would like to join our kingdom we can certainly chat about that as well!

7/26/2017 7:32:27 PM #2

Mayors can be mostly independent, but regardless we're nearing land-selection, so you may as well wait to see how everything is laid out first.

Edit: well so much for that

7/26/2017 7:40:25 PM #3

There is also the question of what kind of community you are interested in joining and what sorts of goals you have for your town.

7/26/2017 8:02:00 PM #4

Posted By AlaskanRebel at 2:40 PM - Wed Jul 26 2017

There is also the question of what kind of community you are interested in joining and what sorts of goals you have for your town.

None of the kingdoms have enough history to accurately define the community, aside from maybe Kairos.

7/26/2017 8:55:16 PM #5

Posted By Scheneighnay at 3:02 PM - Wed Jul 26 2017

None of the kingdoms have enough history to accurately define the community, aside from maybe Kairos.

What does history have to do with preferring to be in a group with a certain kind of people as opposed to another?

7/26/2017 9:57:15 PM #6

History as a community makes a big difference. I think you are going to see that new cemented relationship may take a hit when the game start to roll. Where a community with history will already know about preferences, and dislikes and will have a more solid foundation.

I honestly don't know a lot about either of Kairos, Vonair, or any of the kingdoms for that matter. So...not trying to promote one or the other.

7/27/2017 1:46:40 AM #7

There are a number of kingdoms that have already been around for a year at least and as for the ones that haven't been, the game isn't going to be released for 1.5+ years the way things are going. If between that time a kingdom can't form a solid foundation of trust/bonds, more time probably wouldn't matter. Therefore it would be better to find a group of people you get along well with rather than a group that has history that you don't.

7/27/2017 2:13:59 AM #8

I suggest taking your time & looking over the available kingdoms carefully, and try to find a county wherein where you & yours feel comfortable.

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

8/1/2017 2:55:02 AM #9

Greetings and welcome to Luna (NA-E). Your best bet to find a home is to scan the listings here and add yourself to a chat room in one of the Kingdoms. Spend time talking to people online. Get an idea what each Kingdom is offering. Once you find a Kingdom you like then get into chats with the mayor's. They will give you a feel for activities and groups in each Duchy and County.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0

8/1/2017 3:29:54 AM #10

You'd do well to start at the official Discord channel https://discord.gg/g8PZqsK. As a mayor, you're in the unique position of having your pick of any play environment your community could ask for. Since domain selection isn't for at least 8 months, you have plenty of time to get to know most of the counts/dukes in the game. Kingdoms, on the other hand, are each going to be very different depending on the biome and tribe that dominates their land. If you forge bonds and don't like the area these new associations are playing in, this can at least serve you to be familiar with potential trade partners, or adversely, having "friends" in hostile places.

8/3/2017 5:05:53 PM #11

If you have any interests in sailing the high seas or discovering the lost tribes, you can stop by my grand county Here

8/3/2017 5:14:15 PM #12

I agree it is best to shop around and take your time making a decision. People can be very welcoming in any community you go into, but you want to get to know them for a time so you're not just looking at initial impressions. :)

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

8/4/2017 1:38:18 AM #13

Any of you seen a hrothi settlement/duke/count that plan to Allie with neran settlement/duke/count vise versa?

Very dangerous from a short distance.

8/4/2017 2:49:53 AM #14

Posted By Sykotron at

I heard about this game a few months ago and decided to buy the Mayor package. I'd like to create a town for/of my group of gaming friends. We're mostly located on the east coast of the US so I'll probably go with Luna, but past that, how do I make sure we'll have a good time and I won't be squandering my mayorship?

I don't really understand where a mayor fits in the hierarchy - I was thinking that a mayor is an independent baron where the leader of a town hasn't pledged to a duchy while a baron is just a a mayor who has pledged to a duchy. Is that correct?

Since the game is several months away, I haven't delved too deep into all of this, but I think I'll need to brush up on some things so that I can join some higher form of government and work together with other mayors/barons. I want to join the community, but I find the amount/organization of information overwhelming.

My best guess is hop on some random Discord chat for CoE and start asking, but I also don't want to get suckered into some group (duchy/kingdom/etc.) that won't last.

Hey, so theres this EPIC kingdom called Kairos, just google Chronicals of Elyria kingdom of Kairos, and it gives you info on how to join, its a pretty peaceful kingdom so your at no risk of paying a lot of sparks if you stay within their protection. PEACE OUT!

(check my youtube channel ZeekYT, im the channel with the black Z in blue background as a avatar)

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

8/4/2017 2:59:23 AM #15

Posted By AlaskanRebel at 3:55 PM - Wed Jul 26 2017

Posted By Scheneighnay at 3:02 PM - Wed Jul 26 2017

What does history have to do with preferring to be in a group with a certain kind of people as opposed to another?

Because history actually proves what kind of community you are. You can talk the talk all you want, but until the game starts, you don't know how a community really acts.