COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Guilds, Education, and Investigation

I want to be an investigator and a teacher. I feel like having deep connections with the various guilds will benefit the Forensic skiller, being able to identify your craft is very important to my school. Establishing a way to identify customers of your guild would allow us to connect murders to crimes, say a certain poison was used on a certain dagger and the type of wound matches a certain weapon or poinson that can be purchased within your guild. It allows young to grow up as apprentices in a safe guild environment. Having your crafts come with a reputation of justice and valor, not only benefits the craftsman, but the community at large.

I feel like my first priority will be mount breeders, I want to have the fastest mounts in my community early on. I also feel like the mounts will be stolen quite often by deviant players, and breeders will probably need me.

7/31/2017 3:20:56 PM #1

I'm confused a bit but the comment but It could just be me misreading your post too, sorry...But I would like to add that I will be doing the same exact thing. May profession will be and investigator and teacher.

We don't know how investigation skill will work exactly but if it is as you say, I think being in a school with other professionals will be important. The criminal investigation skills just help you find criminals, but how would you know what stabbed the player without a blacksmith who knows about blades, how would you know the type of poison without being an alchemist, etc. You can of course learn over time but having others to consult will help.

Are you planning to be an investigative school or just a normal school have has investigation in it as well..

7/31/2017 3:58:27 PM #2

I would like for it to be like the core curriculum. I would assume that the craft guilds would have their teachers. People enrolled would expect to learn some investigative skills and could choose to specialize and join a craft guild, or continue their studies as an investigator. Just making sure that the community is savvy and then allowing them to get into their craft.

This of coarse is the larger goal, getting the craft guilds to send representative teachers to found the school is a process.

So they would earn a certificate for a coalition of guilds, either as prerequisite to access that guild or to act as a representative of the coalition.