COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
becoming a lich or vampire

so how will these features work and this is also just a general discussion on what you can and you want to be able to do

8/4/2017 12:14:33 AM #1

SBS is trying to keep info on them lowkey to makes things more interesting come launch.

They have started the breadcrumb trail on them, though.

8/4/2017 12:36:09 AM #2

cool

8/4/2017 12:36:17 AM #3

thx

8/4/2017 1:05:29 AM #4

A fairly plausible theory that I've seen before is that one needs to do some pretty horrendous deeds in life to become a lich. Stuff like indiscriminate murder or murders committed on Aristocracy and Nobility would probably qualify as such.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

8/4/2017 2:30:36 AM #5

Posted By Desophyr at 6:05 PM - Thu Aug 03 2017

A fairly plausible theory that I've seen before is that one needs to do some pretty horrendous deeds in life to become a lich. Stuff like indiscriminate murder or murders committed on Aristocracy and Nobility would probably qualify as such.

Horrible things and some sort of unknown ritual to make a phylactery.

And you would have to find a vampire somewhere, and get it to turn you, or possibly turn yourself into one with some sort of ritual or process as well.

But yes, the features are secret, as they are myths of Elyria, so nobody in the game knows how to become one, so we have players have to figure out if they even do or did exist.

9/5/2017 10:43:06 PM #6

Would you think that a Lich for example would they age and die? or any life cycle for the undead?

I would think everyday would be a challenge and always hunted by those seeking to kill such creatures.

Interesting if they could raise the dead of NPC or create Player zombies and skeletons.

cannot wait to see how this will play out in game.

9/6/2017 2:18:46 AM #7

I read about it in the wiki some time ago and I believe it said a Lich does age, but it does not die. So at first you will look like a Human but after several years you will be a walking skeleton, making it quite obvious you are a evil creature. Also we no nothing about necromancy magic, but it is probably safe to assume a Lich is created through dark magic so we at least know that will be a thing. As for the vampire I personally think we will find it in a random cave where we will get attacked and probably infected thereby creating a new story arc for our character.

9/6/2017 2:20:45 AM #8

The idea of Liches, Lycanthropy and Vampires has certainly been debated a lot and numerous people are interested in the pursuit of all. As mentioned above, the information about them from SBS has been minimal.

As the Master of Death to Queen Rowena of Blackheart, I find all the ideas very intriguing as Death plays a large role in all of them from a historic non COE perspective.

I am certain that scholars of alchemy and lore will be researching any available ability to extend life and / or increase Elyrian bipedal abilities beyond the norm.

Elyria seems to me to be like newly a discovered organism in many ways. Initially upon examination, it appears unusual and new. The more that you learn about it then the more hidden and compelling secrets you discover that have the ability to wreck havoc or create incredible things if harnessed properly. It is one of the many things I love about Elyria and COE.

9/12/2017 9:44:27 PM #9

Hot damn I am so hyped

Arren

Friendcode:5AE832

9/12/2017 9:52:20 PM #10

Could also have hunters that specialize in hunting these creatures Van Helsing, VampirehunterD, Witch hunters, Grim or others that hunt the supernatural.

I was always fascinated with the world of darkness (white wolf) and this opens up a whole different experience in a MMO.

I am Hyped as well.....

9/12/2017 10:01:07 PM #11

As being a noble I have no desire to drop breadcrumbs to show you the way to become a lich. But I think that you need to gather a certain number of bounties on your head without ever been killed by player or guards.

5/8/2018 2:41:36 PM #12

Hope they add lycanthropy.

Brudvier power hail the pack

5/30/2018 3:47:59 AM #13

Very much hoping that there is an immortal skeletal mule/trihorn to help schlep your items for you if you go lich. That would be aces.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -Master Marx

8/6/2018 1:51:18 PM #14

But what would your game goal be after becoming Lich? Wouldn't your options be very limited with normal civilization shunning or trying to kill you?

8/11/2018 8:40:38 AM #15

Hmm..think about some random count becoming vampire..that would be number one flavor win.