COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Creating Guilds

I was wondering, how does making a guild in this game actually work, what are some things you need to make one?

8/25/2017 12:04:48 AM #1

I imagine that is heavily based on the type of guild you're thinking. Let's use a blacksmith guild as an example. For a start you'd probably want: 1. High quality crafting stations. 2. A solid supply line of mats. 3. A school so that research is maximized. 4. Possibly even a traveling blacksmith who trains at foreign locations to gain their knowledge.

Alt text - can be left blank

8/25/2017 12:38:39 AM #2

I think you will need at least one ally to lend aid when you need it. A contract writer is a good one to have on your side.

8/25/2017 1:27:42 AM #3

You might need a a building to designate as a guild headquarters. I would imagine you need at least 1 other person to start a guild. I don't think exact requirements were ever stated.

There are also schoosl and associations that might have different prerequisites.

8/25/2017 8:40:22 PM #4

awesome, thanks :D

8/25/2017 8:44:16 PM #5

Posted By Hawell at 8:38 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

I think you will need at least one ally to lend aid when you need it. A contract writer is a good one to have on your side.

I completely forgot about this. Along with this scribes for books (bard skill I believe) would be helpful so that you can pass knowledge easily to new members.

Alt text - can be left blank

9/8/2017 7:32:19 PM #6

Yeah I think it will definitely have to do with the type of guild you are making. Secret guilds in the other thread gave me some great ideas about secret societies

9/8/2017 11:34:03 PM #7

To my knowledge, exact mechanics of how an official guild is formed in-game has not been outlined, but I echo the above comments in saying that I expect a contract of some kind to initiate the official guild. Guilds are generally "for-profit" by nature, in contrast to Schools and Associations, and specialize in 1 profession. A character can be part of many guilds of different professions, can be a member of several associations, but only 1 school at a time.

Many folks are creating guilds now via forums and Discord in order to build up followers and a community, so they can hit the ground running at launch.

9/8/2017 11:42:43 PM #8

Something interesting to note in this game is that as of early dev journals, chat is localized except for family chat, so you're probably not going to have a specific guild chat. Better plan ahead for that. Unless that's changed, but I hadn't heard anything about that.

Also known as AvA in Discord.

9/8/2017 11:49:18 PM #9

I would also suggest that you might want to communicate with your local leadership. If you are contributing heavily to the economy and the trade growth of the area your count or duke might give you a tax break.

@Ava Yep just family chat so unless you are a Waerd or your entire guild is in your family no global chat. That being said Discord is still allowed so you can use that as a 3rd part chat.