COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Login and home page issues

After the update one of the PCs I regularly use to keep up to date on the forums and news with no longer loads the front page or the login screen properly. They both now are black and just show the button to logon. Nothing else shows on the page other than a few lines of text and the SBS logo.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

9/6/2017 9:16:21 PM #1

Could you please provide some more details?

• What browser and device are you using?
  • Does a different browser/device solve the issue?
  • Can you provide screenshots?

Thank you, we will do our best to find a solution for you!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

9/19/2017 11:57:51 PM #2

So I did not see that you had replied to this. Is there anything in your guys' forum system that notifies us when people reply to our posts? Or a way for us to follow a topic so we are updated when replies occur?

At the time I'm replying to this the issue has actually be mostly fixed. The front page works again and I can log in. The only weird thing is that after I log in, it doesn't actually show that I'm logged in till I go to another page, even if I refresh the home page. The home page never shows me logged in.

I check Elyria on my breaks at work so Its IE 11...sadly They don't have any other browsers here so unsure. I cannot provide screenshots due to protocol on this computer.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

9/22/2017 7:38:13 PM #3

Thanks for letting us know the issue is mostly resolved. We're regularly updating and improving our site to ensure it is compatible across all browsers.

To answer your other question, at this time the answer is no, we do not have a way to notify you when your post is responded to, however we anticipate that functionality in the future.

Thanks again and have a great day!

9/30/2017 9:02:00 PM #4

I'm not able to log in on my Mac in safari 9.1.3. Maybe whatever you changed won't work with my old Mac anymore. Little log in box comes up and I can put in my data but login button doesn't work.

10/2/2017 8:03:47 PM #5

Hi Randys22, while we know the new site works well with the current version of Safari, we've not heard of issues using the version you mentioned.

Are you able to login using a different browser by chance?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

10/12/2017 12:32:30 AM #6

I downloaded firefox and it works fine on the mac. I guess I will just use it since the login button wont work in safari.

10/12/2017 7:40:19 AM #7

Posted By randys22 at 6:32 PM - Wed Oct 11 2017

I downloaded firefox and it works fine on the mac. I guess I will just use it since the login button wont work in safari.

Does it not work, like you click it a million times? Or it just doesn't click.

Because I've had the issue with the you click it a million times and it just won't log you in. Usually logging into another account then logging in to the one that wasn't working fixes it. Its really weird but >.<

10/16/2017 9:14:56 PM #8

We are aware of a login/account persistence issue that was reported that may be related.

Stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

10/23/2017 1:11:22 AM #9

Hi...seems like you are aware of something. Here is my observation...

While in Chrome and try to log in from the front end...it just kicks me back to search in Chrome. Switched to DuckDuckGo which i use most and same thing happens.

Only way i could log in was when i went to technical support page and got in from the back door so to say.

Ooloo

10/24/2017 12:17:54 AM #10

Posted By Sauska at 03:40 AM - Thu Oct 12 2017

Posted By randys22 at 6:32 PM - Wed Oct 11 2017

Clicks but never goes through. I only have one account so not making dummy one just for this. Hope they find out more soon.

Does it not work, like you click it a million times? Or it just doesn't click.

Because I've had the issue with the you click it a million times and it just won't log you in. Usually logging into another account then logging in to the one that wasn't working fixes it. Its really weird but >.<

3/27/2019 2:22:09 PM #11

Sorry to necro an old post, but I've actually been having the same issue as Randys22. For about the same amount of time as well too. It's been some time (basically since the fancy pop-up login was added) since I've been able to login to the Chronicles of Elyria website on Safari on my Mac.

Nothing happens when the Login button is clicked. If I try and open it in a new tab, or window, it just loads the same page, but not logged in.

Just wondering if there was ever a solution found? I end up not following things with the game as much since it requires using another browser.

Thanks.

Fear the engineers of society who claim that everyone should be equal; Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

4/7/2019 3:14:52 AM #12

Figured it out; seems to be related to using 1Password to autofill my email and password. Manually typed in the email, and pasted in the password and it magically started to work...

Fear the engineers of society who claim that everyone should be equal; Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

4/7/2019 3:31:19 AM #13

You don't have to manually do it, you can just add a space on the end and delete it if it continues or happens again ~! Not necessarily a CoE issue sadly as it happens more than one place ):

4/8/2019 5:18:57 AM #14

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 9:31 PM - Sat Apr 06 2019

You don't have to manually do it, you can just add a space on the end and delete it if it continues or happens again ~! Not necessarily a CoE issue sadly as it happens more than one place ):

I will keep that in mind. First time I have encountered it in the five or so years I've been using it.

Thanks!