COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Lore Discussion]Speculation on Two-Fold Queen and the Qin

Hi, these past days I was reading again The Waerd tribe info (due to translating it into spanish) and again, like the first time I read them, their history part left me thinking on a possible relation between the Two-Fold Queen and the Qin. Finally, i made a sort of theory and I’m sharing that theory with you to build some discussion around it.

I know right now we don’t know a lot of religions and lore, yet, but there are some key words and sentences that can be used to speculate.

Introduction over, let’s start.

Long ago, before written history, The Waerd were members of the Erishé; Qindred settlers of the Hot, Arid Desert outside of Karcion, and descendents of Erathor. As time passed, a splinter of the Erishé wandered beyond the boundaries of the Arid Desert into the Hot, Semi-Arid Desert, in search of a less nomadic lifestyle. There they settled and remained for some time.

With this we Know they were part of Erishé, obviously, and shared their believes, nothing new, but necessary to be remarked.

According to legend, during the Breaking at the end of the first Godswar,* they were separated from the rest of Karcion,* their home now isolated in what would become the new Elyria.

We can take this as Waerd legend, not only Qindred legend. Lets continue.

As time passed, they began to feel cut-off from the rest of their people, abandoned, forgotten. They gradually began to resent the Erishé and wished to resume a place of honor and glory among the Antepyrovians.

This is the seed of the story that continues.

As a result, in the Second Godswar when Erathor's brother, Aiden, Qin of War, attempted to gain power from the other Qin, The Waerd abandoned their ancestor and fought beside Aiden. In the end, Aiden was defeated, and his followers driven back. The Erishé pursued the Waerd and drove them out of the Hot, Semi-Arid Desert, into the Cold, Semi-Arid Desert.

In their legend, they fought for a Qin against another Qin, Erathor, who was his ancestors. We can see Waerd do not believe Qin are false Gods in their legends. It is an important point for my theory that will be told a bit later.

In the Cold, Semi-Arid Desert they were faced with a different lifestyle, and forced to recognize the harsh duality of life. Where once they had mostly warm weather, and only short, well-defined rainy seasons, their new environment proved a fickle mistress. When winter came, the extreme temperature differences between day and night saw many of The Waerd freeze to death. No longer did the warmth of the sun sustain them, and no longer did the fire of their ancestor protect them. Where before there were few creatures of the desert, now there were many - many large or dangerous enough to be predators of Mann.

So The Waerd were forced to travel across the extreme desert, burning by day, and freezing by night, hunted rather than hunting. It was then that the Two-Fold Queen presented herself. She explained that the Ancients of the past no longer held power in their new world, and that it was she who gave or withheld heat, she who dealt life or death. After which, the Two-Fold Queen promised them her protection and led them to an ideal settlement in the hills, where she showed them the underground rivers and aquivers. She agreed to provide for them so long as they did as she asked and united and became as one - a task they take quite literally.

And we get to the point, according to this, even the Two-Fold Queen do not say Qin are not their ancestors or do not exist, she says no longer held power in their new world. Could be due to the Breaking or could be due to the fact that the second war leave them exhausted or whatever, the point is that, according to the Two-Fold Queen, the Qin are no longer an option for the Waerd if they want to survive.

Other religions like Virtory deny the existence of other gods (as far as we know) further from Virtues and Vices, the Two Fold Queen considers that Qin exist, and recognizes they were powerful beings (in the past). She now says they are no longer powerful. I know I’m repeating this a lot but it is a key thought to me.

Now speculations:

The Two-fold Queen could be a Qin (note that Queen and Qin are very similarily pronounced) who decided to Stay, somehow, in Elyria and her philosophy of balance could be a way to prevent further Burnings and Breakings, She also is a female and represent both, Pure Light (Angélica) and Absolute Dark (Luna).

From official discord, lore channel, about Angélica and Luna: But with the Light also came the Darkness, for one day Angelica looked out and saw her silhouette, cast as a shadow upon the world itself. At first, she was entertained by how it followed her, but she was lonely and became bored, and so she gave life to it.

From Waerd topic, religion: More than anything, the Servants of the Two-Fold queen recognize and hold true the universal Law of Extremes, stating that "When two counter-balancing forces are carried to their extremes they are seen to be identical. In that, one is blinded as effectively by a brilliant light as they are by darkness." As a result, the Servants seek to maintain balance and equilibrium in all things and disregard many of the societal conventions held by the other religions in order to do so. In particular, the Servants believe that Death is but the fertilization of life; that darkness is but the shadow cast by the light.

Luna was born when Angelica created light and light casted a shadow of her. Angelica, bored and feeling alone, gave Luna live.

Some can say this is a very poor argument, but what I want to remark is that Two-fold Queen represents the same both, Angelica and Luna, do and that the servants belief that Light and Shadow are inherently related with light casting shadow, so it is natural and that does not mean Good and Evil, but opposing forces.

If Qin wars were due to an imbalance created by personal ambitions, feelings and so from Qin, and Two-fold Queen is a Qin who learned the lesson and now is obsessed with balance to prevent that… She forged a society within the Waerd were happiness and sadness are valued equally, where no one should want personal conquest or ambition but communal profit. A society dedicated to the goal of building a world where everyone, everywhere are equal and keep the balance.

Even the Two tribes (even number, which is believed to be better to keep the balance within the Waerd “In addition, music and singing is generally written for duets or quartets, as they feel an even number of performers better maintains the balance.”-Waerd write up, Entertainment- and used by the Dras “Drasean followers of the Two-Fold Queen also wear a pair of bracelets on each arm. Always made as a pair - one made of Jet, the other of bone - these bracelets carry significant meaning to the Dras as they represent their faith, as symbol of their adherence to benign ways” -Dras write up, religion-) represent the two sides: life and death.

So, to end this silly mind-blowing post from a bored one with so much spare time to spend due to holidays a simple question to open a discussion:

What if the Two-fold Queen is a Qin? Or even is Angelica and Luna together again?

TL;DR. Bored guy with spare time saying the Two-fold Queen is a Qin who learned certain lessons after 2 Great God wars that almost destroyed everything.

9/24/2017 1:13:23 AM #1

Waw what a fantastic write up. Maybe the two-fold queen is actually a bastard child of angelica and luna. who says luna isnt masculine? or the two fold is the grey middle? i imagine the two fold to either be grey in color or is going to look white on one side and black on another whole holding a scale to represent balance? 😜😜😜

Yours Sincerely, Verde the Zealous Kypiq

9/24/2017 6:25:13 AM #2

Balance is a theme in most of the religions of Elyria. Most significantly with the TFQ, and again as you mentioned with Angelica and Luna, their husbands and their offspring. There's also the Virtues and Vices that the Virtori believe in, and in the Faedin believes, a soul is alive, and dead, and alive again. I think the only naturally unbalanced belief system would be Janoan Faedinism, which believes in the removal of souls through consumption.

The notion that the TFQ is Qindred is certainly an appealing one. It's also appealing to think of her as stand-alone, that maybe other faiths are inspired from her rather than the other way around, or that maybe there's more than one type of being that can be worshipped in the world. I mean, in Greek mythology, Titans were considered distinct from the primordial beings like Gaia or the Gods, but they were all functionally deities. It's just that one group was worshipped over others. Or in Norse myth, the Aesir were one clan, the Vanir another, but some Vanir were worshipped just as the Aesir were (Freyaaaaaa).

:3 Gods might all be of the same cloth...or they might not be...

Also known as AvA in Discord.

9/25/2017 5:25:17 AM #3

Posted By AvariciaMoon at 02:25 AM - Sun Sep 24 2017

Balance is a theme in most of the religions of Elyria. Most significantly with the TFQ, and again as you mentioned with Angelica and Luna, their husbands and their offspring. There's also the Virtues and Vices that the Virtori believe in, and in the Faedin believes, a soul is alive, and dead, and alive again. I think the only naturally unbalanced belief system would be Janoan Faedinism, which believes in the removal of souls through consumption.

The notion that the TFQ is Qindred is certainly an appealing one. It's also appealing to think of her as stand-alone, that maybe other faiths are inspired from her rather than the other way around, or that maybe there's more than one type of being that can be worshipped in the world. I mean, in Greek mythology, Titans were considered distinct from the primordial beings like Gaia or the Gods, but they were all functionally deities. It's just that one group was worshipped over others. Or in Norse myth, the Aesir were one clan, the Vanir another, but some Vanir were worshipped just as the Aesir were (Freyaaaaaa).

:3 Gods might all be of the same cloth...or they might not be...

If TFQ is separate from the Qin then maybe in the story we will see the TFQ and her followers clash with the Qin and Qindred for control of Elyria!

Oh hey there