COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Cannibalism

My question is simple, yet complex. Can I devour a corpse? Say I'm starving and my friend dies in a epic battle of survival weak and wounded with little strength to go on. How is one benefitted or punished for eating ones friend? Or maybe I just prefer to eat the remains of people. If so, how does this affect my character from living near or maybe in a castle? Will my neighbor begin to notice changes? Will my character appear different in any way? Lastly, what long lasting negative effects occur? Or positive? I'd like to think an addiction could occur an need to be cured. Possibly diseases can take effect causing a sickness. Possibly a talent could be found for a more darker story arc. I hope this wasn't asked before an I hope to hear from someone with more info. Till then keep doing what your doing. I hope to pledge with the more information I learn.

9/26/2017 6:12:30 AM #1

Cannibalism isn't in the game and from what we know they won't change this either.

9/26/2017 7:11:59 AM #2

The closest to cannibals are vampires, but is a talent not easy to get. There is no questline to get it, and when you have it, you're not gonna tell us about it. We normal folks don't like them.

9/26/2017 1:07:04 PM #3

Seems simple enough in theory. If there's a butchering mechanic then allow it to work on humanoid corpses too.

I could see it get very complicated when the game engine tries to apply a crime tokens to it. Someone who kills, butchers and eats a dude could generate three crime tags. One for the act of murder, one for desecrating a body, one for eating the body.

Then you run into issues like if you eat some iguana bits (fallout cannibalism reference) does the game automatically flag you as a cannibal?

And if you're embalming a corpse for entombment does the game flag you as a criminal for cutting up a corpse?

While I would love for that level of player freedom, I think it would get too complicated to implement.

9/26/2017 1:35:01 PM #4

I was thinking about this an I thought it might not work because on fresh release it would be hard to go on a cannibalistic diet. Eventually with more players an as the game is longer out people will tend to be dying on the daily. Due to players being born at later time frames. I thought that this idea wouldn't work but then I was thinking it could be more of a delicacy. Thank you all for responding!

9/26/2017 5:38:31 PM #5

A Neran eating a Kypiq isn't cannibalism, it's just fine dining.

Friend Code: 92BF2D

12/1/2017 10:32:32 PM #6

i say that we should be able to eat certain unlucky people whether you hunt for meals or not

That guy

12/1/2017 10:35:51 PM #7

Caspian has been very adamant that cannibalism will not exist in the game.

12/1/2017 11:00:51 PM #8

Dear OP, I hope our community members answered your questions in above comments, unfortunately cannibalism is definitive 100% NO in the game. Caspian on many instances gave his reasoning of why it would not fit into a larger COE world.

I am gonna lock this thread and that is nothing against your post simply because these type of threads pop up all the time with same answer.

If you have any questions you can PM me at any time.

Thanks,

Mythos