COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
PAX Aus - APAC Rolecall

Hey folks- this is an old post.

With PAX 2018 (this was from 2017!) wrapped up, I'll be making a new post for next year's PAX Aus AS SOON AS THE DATES ARE ANNOUNCED.

We had a much larger turnout this year, and next year, we hope to be more organized with an even bigger turnout again.

So what can you expect to see from more organization?

-Shared accommodation. I'll be working with Uriel Valentine (and an AQ representative, if they like) in order to bulk-book accommodation as close to the exhibition centre as possible. Securing a room will require pre-payment. We will be aiming to secure accommodation in a hotel within 3 to 5 minutes walk of the exhibition centre.

-Flight booking. If you don't want to worry about booking your own flights, I (or we!) will take it up ourselves to get people organized onto flights - with a preference towards flying groups of friends together for travel buddies & security! Flights will require pre-payment.

-PAX Ticket Purchasing! If you want us to get your ticket and hand deliver it to you, this will also be an option. PAX Ticket purchases will require a 50% down-payment for a 3-day badge and a 25% down payment for any single-day badge purchases.

Please be aware that any and all pre-payments will only be refundable if a refund can be secured from the vendor (Hotel/Airline/Penny Arcade). So keep this in mind:

-Hotel bookings can be cancelled generally up to 2 weeks before check-in for a full refund.

-Flights can be cancelled generally up to 1 week before check-in for a full refund, but may require a higher ticket tier ("Economy Saver" type tickets are generally non-refundable and non-transferable)

-PAX passes can only be refunded if you purchase badge insurance.

9/30/2017 8:30:39 AM #1

There'll probably be a few travelling from interstate for it but, even within the state of Victoria, it's probably more the Melbourne-based folk than anyone else who will be able to get there more easily, but hopefully there'll be a small group there at least.

If only PAX was held in Australia's largest city... ahem ;)

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

9/30/2017 8:39:19 AM #2

I intend to attend

9/30/2017 8:57:58 AM #3

every year PAX falls at the most inconvenient time. Good Luck with your gathering though. (why can't it be in Sydney, everyone loves Sydney).

10/10/2017 9:48:20 AM #4

Posted By Kadara at 6:57 PM - Sat Sep 30 2017

(why can't it be in Sydney, everyone loves Sydney).

Because it's - well - Sydney. Obviously the organisers prefer a city with real character, and a life.

Hoping to be there, just not 100% certain atm.

The attention span of a computer is only as long as its extension cord...(Friend Code: 9D26A7)

10/10/2017 11:26:57 AM #5

I'm here....

But unfortunately PAX is over there and I can't get from here to there so I guess I won't be attending

10/11/2017 12:25:35 PM #6

I too attendance with intense. I cames to seen out when i was wery old

10/12/2017 4:20:21 PM #7

I wont be able to travel to Aussie PAX but good luck to the ones that are.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

2/27/2018 2:10:04 AM #8

Short holiday in Melbourne for PAX? Work and Uni permitting I'll be in for sure!

9/8/2018 8:47:18 PM #9

will there be COE there???

9/17/2018 6:03:52 AM #10

9/17/2018 6:10:38 AM #11

Ummm... This is last years thread isn't it?

There isn't, as yet, a thread for this year, that I am aware of.

9/17/2018 6:12:13 AM #12

Posted By HajimeSaito at 12:10 AM - Mon Sep 17 2018

Ummm... This is last years thread isn't it?

There isn't, as yet, a thread for this year, that I am aware of.

(It is but people are just so excited :P)

9/25/2018 7:22:35 PM #13

I'll see if i can get those days off, long way from Perth to there but i need a small holiday and I cant even explain how excited this game has me.

9/26/2018 6:45:00 AM #14

Posted By Halfcutt at 9/25/2018 7:22:35 PM

I'll see if i can get those days off, long way from Perth to there but i need a small holiday and I cant even explain how excited this game has me.

Just to note, this thread is from last year. So those dates are wrong. This year dates are Oct 26-28.

10/26/2018 7:46:28 AM #15

If only i didn't live on the opposite side of the country