COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Bordweall Battle Royale for the Free Kingdom of Elyria!

Here at the Kingdom of Bordweall, we fully support the solution that SBS has come up with to fill the last empty monarch slot on the NA-E server - The Free Kingdom of Elyria

Bordweall naturally has more than a passing curiosity and interest in who is going to end up being one of our neighbors on the east server.

To that end, we believe that the Free Kingdom is going to initially be an amazing situation where the individual who is successful in becoming the monarch, might well be facing six resentful dukes who didn’t get the prize they were aiming for through the elyrian contest. Dealing with the possible internal conflicts, wars, and drama is going to require an individual to possess and make full use of the unprecedented levels of various skills needed to survive the resulting politics.

To help Bordweall determine who we think would be the most qualified monarch to take hold of the Free Kingdom of Elyria, we are organizing an event. We hope this will garner the winner publicity, a platform for their agenda, as well as much needed kingdom tokens.

The format for the event is as follows (all numbers of contenders depends on the unknown amount of candidates willing to enter the contest):

Round 1: The Feast in the East!

• We will record the first round of the streams comprising of a quarter of the hopeful monarchs.
  • Candidates will have TWO minutes each at the start to introduce themselves and tell the community why they are the best choice among the group.
  • The moderator will then ask a question and each candidate will have ONE minute to respond either directly to that question, challenge the other candidate(s), or a mix of both.
  • The one minute clock for each candidate will be strictly enforced!
  • There will be a total of at least 5 “rounds” of questions. (Number of rounds to be determined based on amount of individuals on stream.)
  • After the final question, each candidate will have TWO minutes to present a closing statement.

Each recording will then be streamed on our Twitch via a vodcast so that spectators will be allowed to discuss the debate in the twitch chat. Consider this your one and only warning: If the chat gets heated, please do your best to keep it civil. Our moderators will be watching and are not afraid to remove any obnoxious comments, no questions asked. There will be a poll link published during the vodcast of the debate in the chat. To vote you must be present during the stream, with the results being revealed at the end. The poll is simply a tool used as feedback to gauge the community's opinion.

Keep in mind that King Dleatherus has any and all authority to make the final decision as to who will advance to the final debate. The choice is ultimately the King’s as he will possibly be dealing with the winner at a monarch level with them being our potential neighbor.

Round 2: The Test of the Best!

This round will be using the same format as in the first round. However, this time the remaining candidates will be contending LIVE on our stream on Thursday, November 9th.

Prizes:

• Each candidate will win 1 token for participating.
  • Winners of round 1 will each receive 3 tokens.
  • Final winner will receive an additional 10 tokens, bringing their total to 14 tokens overall.

To anyone looking to participate:

If you are seriously considering a run for the monarch slot for the Free Kingdom of Elyria, or know somebody who is, please contact King Dleatherus no later than Friday, November the 3rd on the Bordweall discord.

Contenders are encouraged to invite their supporters to the streams and also to vote/comment for their candidate. Spectators are also encouraged to participate in our Twitch chat!

We will be announcing the names of the contenders and the times of their appearances in future updates!

10/31/2017 10:43:24 PM #1

I would be honored to participate in this. ^.^

10/31/2017 11:04:08 PM #2

Sent my application in.

This will be fun.

10/31/2017 11:41:38 PM #3

I should know better by now than to click a post that says "Battle Royale" with the current population. Clickbaited

10/31/2017 11:58:13 PM #4

Posted By Moltres at 4:41 PM - Tue Oct 31 2017

I should know better by now than to click a post that says "Battle Royale" with the current population. Clickbaited

a pun on 'battle of the royals' :)

11/1/2017 1:32:30 AM #5

Alright this is kinda cool. I'll totally be applying to join in. Talking quickly isn't really my strong suit, but maybe I can manage to get my message across in few words. :>

11/1/2017 4:09:02 AM #6

Should be very interesting and fun event, I look forward to participating.

11/1/2017 9:41:11 AM #7

Posted By Dleatherus at 7:58 PM - Tue Oct 31 2017

Lol dam you

11/1/2017 2:40:00 PM #8

Posted By Moltres at 02:41 AM - Wed Nov 01 2017

Posted By Dleatherus at 7:58 PM - Tue Oct 31 2017

Lol dam you

lol - was intended to be a catchy title to draw attention, as are most thread titles, but not intended as click bait :P

11/1/2017 3:20:33 PM #9

Such a lovely idea, I'll be sure to watch.

-MX

Alt text - can be left blank

11/1/2017 5:02:51 PM #10

sounds good

11/1/2017 7:20:10 PM #11

Excellent Idea D! You folks are killing it with the creativity! I look forward to tuning in to watch the event!

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

11/2/2017 12:10:08 AM #12

so far we have had 7 brave souls step forward

looking for one more and we can set the dates and times for the recordings this fri/sat/sun (2 per day)

they will then be broadcast mon-tue

11/6/2017 8:16:03 AM #13

So excited to see all the interviews!

11/6/2017 2:14:53 PM #14

we will be streaming them tomorrow night - Tuesday Nov 7th

i'll announce later today the actual time it starts - in total it is 2 hours for all 3 rounds (we had 2 no shows) and i will also announce what time each round starts and who is in those rounds, in case you were interested in just watching 1 or 2 particular ones

11/6/2017 5:11:16 PM #15

Posted By Dleatherus at 09:14 AM - Mon Nov 06 2017

we will be streaming them tomorrow night - Tuesday Nov 7th

i'll announce later today the actual time it starts - in total it is 2 hours for all 3 rounds (we had 2 no shows) and i will also announce what time each round starts and who is in those rounds, in case you were interested in just watching 1 or 2 particular ones

Do you knowwhat time? Thank you D.

-MX

Alt text - can be left blank