COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Settlement Skeggstad of Asbrekka County

Welcome to Skeggstad

Skeggstad is a settlement located in the Asbrekka county in the Rhynelands Duchy of the Kingdom of Vornair.

Skeggstad means "The bearded one's place".

I am Mayor Mikko Skallagrim and I welcome you to learn more about Skeggstad and our role in this grand world.
I will be a fair Mayor, always working for the betterment of our settlement, the county and its citizens.

Our place in the world

"Work hard and play harder" ~ Mayor Skallagrim

The work will be hard as the primary focus will be taking care of livestock via the Animal Husbandry skill.

• Taming
  • Raising
  • Breeding
  • Butchering

With these skills we can feed our local and neighboring citizens, supply our leatherworkers and cooks, supply local trade markets and sell to foreign markets.

All this work is stressful. Where can I blow off steam?

There will be a tavern in town where the ale never stops and the tales grow taller with each telling.

The county capital, Dafnaborg, will have attractions, events, competitions and an arena where one can test their mettle.

Current neighboring settlements

Laws and Taxes

Skeggstad will be a law abiding community and will follow all Kingdom, Duchy and County laws. New settlement laws will be created based on the needs of the citizens.

Taxes are expected to be paid on time with any surplus (after paying to the county) going back into the growth of settlement.

Council

• Treasurer (Vacant) - Collect taxes and advise on the current economic status of the settlement.

• Head Broker (Vacant) - Monitor and oversee the imports and exports of the settlement. Will work with closely with the Treasurer.

• Sentry (Vacant) - Oversee the security of the settlement, training recruits, maintaining combat supplies and responding to any open hostilities.

• Warden (Vacant) - Monitoring resources to make sure they aren't fully depleted. Will work with the Head Merchant to discuss what needs to be imported and what can be exported.

Citizens

Citizens of any profession are always welcome with the most practical being:

• Animal trainers
  • Butchers
  • Hunters and Trappers
  • Tanners
  • Leather workers
  • Warriors
  • Shopkeepers and travelling Merchants
  • Lumberjacks
  • Brewers
  • Cooks

Ending remarks

Thanks for taking the time to read up on Skeggstad and what we hope to offer.

If this sounds like a place that might interest you or you have more questions, please come speak with me in the Asbrekka discord channel.

Asbrekka County Discord