COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Everyone seems really hyped

So many prior saying this is their dream game and stuff like that. I'm sure the devs love the excitement, but I'm curious if it builds the pressure on then also

On the bright side, this is a good your of stress in a way. A prime example of one reason why stress is a natural reaction, to help you prioritize and get things done.

2/11/2016 1:40:57 AM #1

It doesn't build the pressure, it eases it. We already know the game we're trying to make, what we don't know is whether it's a game people want to play.

The positive feedback builds confidence that we'll be successful in our fundraising, and will have the means to finish what we've started. That's where the real pressure comes from.

2/11/2016 3:36:45 AM #2

I can assure you that if you guys(&gals) make this happen you will blow the rest away. I'm almost willing to guarantee that at least 40% of the eq players will jump ship. If you can deliver on player housing as well as you say, up to 60%. Most game developers haven't yet realized the huge demand for at type of thing. They don't release figures for it, but I would also be willing to bet real $$$ that at least 50% of eq2 revenue comes through player housing and house item sales. I've spent thousands and I am about average when compared to the crafters/decorators there.

2/11/2016 7:58:22 AM #3

I think I can get a fair few friends to play the game too. Thing is we need the video etc for more people to join the gang

2/11/2016 8:30:01 AM #4

yeah its a bit early for pressure, but when the player(or otherwise) funding kick in there will be some expectations and therefore pressure.

However people have faith in Devs and their ability to deliver , they will release videos before asking for any funding as i know which is a quite honest approach imo .

He who cannot think is not a man , neither is he who can only think.

2/11/2016 11:10:52 AM #5

i'm sure it'll add different types of pressure as well :D, stuff that comes with having a larger staff for example.

when things are going well, pressure doesn't stack, it queues up, allowing you to ease it one after another.

2/12/2016 10:45:24 AM #6

On which platform are you fundraising? We'd love to contribute..

2/12/2016 3:03:56 PM #7

The fundraiser will be through Kickstarter. Gonna take another 2 months until it starts, though, I think:)

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy