COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Server location

For those not sure which server region they are closest to, and want to consider that before committing to kingdoms, guilds, and lore, could we get a map of server regions or a central city host location, so we can decide which servers we are nearest to?

11/29/2017 10:46:11 PM #1

It's pretty straight forward.

North America East Coast.

North America West Coast.

Europe.

Asia/Pacific.

11/30/2017 12:21:19 AM #2

As Fudge stated above me there is that as well as there is ping tests you can do with amazon and google cloud to see which one would be best suited for you

11/30/2017 3:33:45 AM #3

NA-W server is in Oregon.

11/30/2017 4:27:57 AM #4

APAC is, as far as I know, in Sydney.

11/30/2017 4:50:37 AM #5

Posted By Saebelorn at 9:27 PM - Wed Nov 29 2017

APAC is, as far as I know, in Sydney.

^ This is the Oceanus/Asia/Pacific

11/30/2017 5:16:16 AM #6

Posted By Fudgemuffinator at 09:46 AM - Thu Nov 30 2017

It's pretty straight forward.

North America East Coast.

North America West Coast.

Europe.

Asia/Pacific.

Not really that straight forward. Sure for NA it is. Europe? Depending on which side you could have a nice ping or terrible. Then Oceanic server, again depending if it's confirmed to be in Sydney, well Asians are going to get shit ping to it, but if it's somewhere within Asia. Then Aussies/New Zealanders will get shit ping. Getting the locations locked down would be nice either way.

1/1/2018 10:35:31 PM #7

This is very important to me also, I've searched the Forums and I can't find anything about Locations other than Saebelorn and Protey's posts. Can we get a response from someone on the Soulbounds Team about it?

1/1/2018 11:13:48 PM #8

I'd guess Europe would be either Germany (probably Munich or Frankfurt) or Ireland (probably Dublin).

As always, APAC's the problem.

1/1/2018 11:39:56 PM #9

Asking a question before the Devs even know themselves is not likely to get a good answer. Alpha1 will define how ugly or not latency is going to be. They are not going to tell us exactly where the Servers will be until they fully decide if they are going with Amazon or Google.

SBS has said countless times that if you are more than 300ms to a Server you are not going to have a good play experience. That anything below 100ms should be fine.

Oceana will likely be Singapore or Sydney but that not will be set in stone until next year that is how game development works.

I have never seen a game company before they even get to alpha define where servers are going to be.

Patience ;-)

1/1/2018 11:48:12 PM #10

I think the Asian community is a huge, still untapped opportunity for them. It is going to take a dedicated Asian community manager, and likely a translated version as well. I would not expect that to be tried until after launch.

That being said, I would hope the Oceanus server is in Sydney. This leaves open the possibility of opening a fifth server in Singapore or South Korea in the event they do expand into the Asian market in force at a later date.

1/2/2018 10:39:52 PM #11

Expanding into the East Asia with a 6th server (or more) would indeed be interesting. So far their looks to be little indication that CoE is attracting much interest in East Asia. I suspect this is because of the different MMORPG culture there. CoE is built largely around a rejection of the 'Grind' and 'Theme-park' formulas. But that formula is still dominant in East Asia, add to that the high bar of art and production value that East Asian MMORPG games have come to expect due to the amazing amortization over such a large user base can achieve.

I suspect that CoE will have to prove it'self successful in Western markets to get any interest in the East and the likely outcome will be to influence new MMO's in the region.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

1/6/2019 4:49:22 AM #12

I agree with this, Ive been following Coe on 2016 (forgot former acc) and i was wandering when can i get to play this game? The visuals and mainly the concept is the best for me. It simply satisfies a gamer for its never ending content.

1/6/2019 11:24:23 AM #13

We don’t have a date yet for when we can play

1/6/2019 11:54:08 AM #14

I hope so server real locations will match game ones. Less ping = better and smooth gameplay.

Vesethyr~Blackjade Valley~Turadh~Tryggr

4/13/2019 1:34:25 AM #15

So for those of us in the Midwest which NA server do we pick? I'm in Minnesota...