COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
The Chroniclers of Selene

The Chroniclers of Selene

In times long past minstrels, bards and skalds recorded major historical events. They were then retold, and some of those stories became our modern day legends.

In Chronicles of Elyria we will write our own stories, myths and legends. Some of us may even become legends.

Chroniclers of Selene intend to be the current day version of these bards. An association known throughout the Selene Server for one thing, and one thing only.

For being observers

What will Chroniclers do?

Chroniclers will observe, record and stream major in game events. In game events like, but not limited to;

• Battle
  • Coronations
  • Tournaments
  • Weddings
  • Major noble meetings
  • Natural disasters
  • Exploration

This can expanded into any area of interest to our community.

What is the Chroniclers goal?

The Chroniclers will be an association, that is not bent on any profit, in game or outside of it, But exist purely for the purpose of content creation.

Recording and streaming in game content will promote the game, and benefit the entire community.

It will also create a lovely archive of our servers history.

Who are the Chroniclers?

Basicly Chroniclers are just gamers like you and me. The only difference being Chroniclers stream their content.

We welcome anyone planning on streaming their gameplay to the Chroniclers.

Be it to youtube, twitch or any other outlet. Anyone who wants to stream their gameplay, wether it be on a regular basis, or just once in a while.

How will The Chroniclers work?

We want to keep thing clean and simple so for this to work we would only ask the community at large, and Chroniclers themselves, to abide by these three rules.

1. When active as a Chronicler you do not participate in the event you are recording and streaming, but rather remain an observer.

2. When active as a Chronicler you make sure you fly the banner and or wear the clearly recognizable gear of a Chronicler.

3. If you see a Chronicler observing, and recording, leave them in peace. They are there to record and stream the event at hand to the benefit of all.

Will being a Chronicler be a fulltime job?

It can be if you want it to be, but mostely chroniclers are just like any other player, except when they step back and start streaming.

After the finish streaming.They go back to being the same player they were before flying the colors of a Chronicler.

This is decidedly, for most at least, a ”side gig”. It is not limited by kingdom's, borders, politics.

How does being a Chronicler benefit me?

We mean to offer a recognizable platform in CoE’s Selene server for gamers that want to stream content, safely. Without getting “punished” for taking the trouble to do so, by getting killed and having their stream interrupted.

Next to that we offer a place, on discord, where you can hang out & help eachother out.

Get support, or even share news of upcoming events that might warrant streaming.

How do I become a Chronicler?

If streaming your gameplay is something you might do, and being a Chronicler sounds like something you would be interested in, please by all means join us in our discord. And let us know your plans.

Planned Streaming projects

The adventures of Biggie and Smalls A Yoru and a Kipiq duo explore Elyria -Scylurus&Eltanin

This post is a w.i.p. and will be reviewed over time.

1/1/2018 9:13:12 PM #1

I love the idea, eltanin :) It's good to see something like this for our server, and hopefully we will see bards join up with parties of soldiers or traveling combatants in order to write songs of their adventures. It would also be beneficial to the story of the server, as main events would be more available to the public. Sometimes that would even require fierce war correspondents.

In any case, good luck with your association!

1/3/2018 9:19:34 PM #2

Posted By TheEvilBassist at 10:13 PM - Mon Jan 01 2018

I love the idea, eltanin :) It's good to see something like this for our server, and hopefully we will see bards join up with parties of soldiers or traveling combatants in order to write songs of their adventures. It would also be beneficial to the story of the server, as main events would be more available to the public. Sometimes that would even require fierce war correspondents.

In any case, good luck with your association!

Thanks Gren!😉

Thats is very definitely the idea. Selene's very own roving reporters.

The more people willing to stream, the better.

5/18/2018 2:06:03 PM #3

I want to make a sister group on Luna.

Although I will probably be less strict on the rules, as I'll actually play the game, not just observe.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/25/2018 2:44:04 PM #4

Love it!

8/31/2018 10:35:49 AM #5

Posted By zimmah at 4:06 PM - Fri May 18 2018

I want to make a sister group on Luna.

Although I will probably be less strict on the rules, as I'll actually play the game, not just observe.

The rules only apply if they are flying the Chroniclers banner. During any other time, they are just as much part of the game as anyone else. 😉

But if they do fly that banner, they make it clear they are streaming and not participating.

So they are left in peace.😉 Hit me up any time to share ideas!

11/4/2018 8:32:28 AM #6

We could elaborate rules and found APE (Associated Press of Elyria) if the name is not too funny... The best protection for war correspondents is to ensure their neutrality and their visibility

House Pyrros

11/13/2018 1:03:38 PM #7

Can you join this association as a second? I bet a lot of us will be doing other stuff whilst streaming <3

11/13/2018 10:18:40 PM #8

Posted By Scipion at 09:32 AM - Sun Nov 04 2018

We could elaborate rules and found APE (Associated Press of Elyria) if the name is not too funny... The best protection for war correspondents is to ensure their neutrality and their visibility

The name's a bit on the silly end for sure.

But you understood the basic premise of what I wanted to accomplish correct for sure

Neutrality and visibility, while flying a Chroniclers banner.

11/13/2018 10:19:16 PM #9

Posted By Recurved_ at 2:03 PM - Tue Nov 13 2018

Can you join this association as a second? I bet a lot of us will be doing other stuff whilst streaming <3

You certainly can, happy to have someone tech savvy aboard!