COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Hello im New

Hello everyone, I'm thinking about buying the game. I have a decent amount of money to spend and I think I'm going to buy Mayor. Is it worth it?

1/19/2018 4:28:50 PM #1

If the game turns out as planned, yes well worth it in my humble opinion. And with your pledge you make the likelihood of that happening that much greater.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
"Will Rogers"
Friend Code: 52B5B7

1/19/2018 5:15:28 PM #2

Welcome to the community Vedix, for me this game is something I've been waiting for for a long time. When I think of a game experience that I would enjoy I think of a city/economic simulator. I think about where buildings will go, what buildings and trades we need, and managing that. If that too is the style of game you want to play I suggest you grab that title. Keep in mind once you do have the title you can always drop the mayor title in exchange for Exposition Points and invest those into the gamestyle you wish to play.

1/19/2018 5:21:40 PM #3

it definitely depends on what you'd be looking to get up to in the game. If you like kingdom simulators, SIMs, etc it would probably be right up your alley. If you don't want to deal with trying to direct other people, or would prefer to be free to do as you please without being tied down to land, it would probably be a bad idea to go mayor.

The game however will be worth it even if they only manage to do 2/3 of what they have promised.

1/19/2018 6:33:15 PM #4

First off welcome!

From my understanding Mayor also would not require very much time commitment each week to actually running the town, leaving you plenty of time to devote to any other skills/professions you wish.

1/19/2018 7:12:56 PM #5

Even a County is only supposed to take less that 5 hours a week, so a town should only take 1-2 hours at most normally. This lets you play both the sim-town aspect, and leave most of your playtime to do whatever else you want to do. Craft, explore, fight bandits, hunt, the world is yours to do with as you please! Personally, I find the Mayor level to be very reasonable for anyone that wants to have influence over their surroundings.

1/29/2018 5:09:39 AM #6

Hello Vedix,

Welcome to Chronicles of Elyria. The Mayor package will only makes sense depending on your play-style. If you're wising to simply enjoy CoE with very little responsibilities and don't care much about all the bells and whistles, then the cheapest package would be best. The higher the package, the more responsibility and 'play-time' would be needed to make the package worth it. If you like to design, name, and manage your own town. Then yes, the Mayor package is best. Anything more would be overkill.

Keep in mind that everything you purchase now (except EP) can be purchased or gained in-game. That includes the position of Mayor. However, you would have to earn your way up rather then buying your way in.

If you decide to become Mayor, you would need to join a County. I suggest visiting Polaris County for which they're always seeking new Mayors. Below is their recruitment video.

If you have any questions, you can also find their discord here.

1/29/2018 7:35:15 PM #7

I'm Count Nimb Zephyr from The Anemoi. If you have not found a location yet. I would highly recommend a look over at The Stormlands in the Kingdom of Vornair. We're a great bunch of people that work really hard to make sure everyone feels at home.

Mayor package is great if you are exciting about world building and responsibility. Its like being a mini guild leader or mega depending on your settlement. Having a group of people rely upon and trust you for leadership is a powerful and moving thing. As a double County I'm always looking for new groups of people and communities to join with ours.

Well i wish you the best of luck and hope you find what your looking for!

1/29/2018 8:13:41 PM #8

Posted By Vedix at

Hello everyone, I'm thinking about buying the game. I have a decent amount of money to spend and I think I'm going to buy Mayor. Is it worth it?

Hi Vedix,

Welcome to CoE. The community here are absolutely brilliant. It depends on what you are looking for in regards to play style and where you would like to start at the beginning. There are plenty of Kingdoms etc to join. Where are you from?

1/29/2018 11:55:33 PM #9

Posted By Vedix at

Welcome Vedix. As others have said it will depend on your play style. Picking up a Mayer package will allow you to take part in Land Selection and Exposition, both of which excite me. That's why I became a Count. Plus you will start as a leader within the community building the experience for new players at launch. If that interests you go for the Mayor Package.

And if you are looking for a Kingdom/Duchy/County or have questions in general hope on over to the Duchy of Vitalis Discord.

Duchy of Vitalis Discord

6/9/2018 6:42:53 AM #10

As you can see with all these previous posts, this game makes real a lot of peoples' hopes an dreams with what an online game can really be. I'd love to discuss your goals within CoE further in private if you'd like and if you haven't already pledged your allegiance to another kingdom, we can likely find a place for you within the Kingdom of Kairos! Personally, I'm a count dedicated to creating a community of crafting aficionados, so if that interests you at all, click my banner to join my discord. Either way, I hope to welcome you to the Luna server! ^^

6/9/2018 7:17:50 AM #11

Here comes the recruitment ads.

Personally I say wait until land selection friend.