COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Explore the mutable world!

Jayce's Sanctum - credit Adam Parquette

The links in my forum signature have finally outgrown their accommodations, so it's time to start an index thread of my various harvest and crafting posts for reference. All the linked posts below will direct the reader to a thread in which I have explored the topic at length (though nothing in these posts is a guarantee of inclusion in the game- they exist only to show what could be possible).

The crafted world

The harvested world

The quantified world

Community contest entries

Future posts

Getting this page up means that there will be new topics coming soon. Please feel free to comment below if there is another topic that particularly interests you for a deep dive into possibilities!

On deck:

• Clothmaking - Done!
  • Tinker mechanisms
  • Poisons
  • Boats
2/6/2018 4:53:18 AM #1

Reserved.

2/6/2018 7:33:29 AM #2

Salt will be the highest risk job if it involves going out to sea lmao

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

2/6/2018 8:35:41 AM #3

Posted By LukeSpyro at 11:33 PM - Mon Feb 05 2018

Salt will be the highest risk job if it involves going out to sea lmao

Read Huntsmaster's article about salt. It tells about how to get it without going out to sea. It can be done on land adjacent to the sea, such as where there are tidal flats that can be dammed into pools and sluice-gated. It also mentions possible inland deposits of salt. All of these RL possibilities need developer action to make them possible in-game, but since the devs know about them, such action is possible.

2/6/2018 12:28:44 PM #4

I'm a huge fan of indexing and this index is of some of my favourite threads on the forums.

As for suggestions - I think the community at large would appreciate and benefit from a thread that outlines the basics of tailoring. People often talk about kinds of cloth, raw materials, and the processes for taking materials from a raw state to a usable piece of cloth and onwards into a garment.

I'm sure having a piece of reference material targeted towards CoE on that topic would be really useful for a lot of conversations in the community. :)

Possible topics within that;

• Common sources of raw materials for clothing (eg, wool, cotton, leather) and a short description of the steps for processing those materials

• Common historical pieces of equipment and the basics of their use (eg, looms, sewing needles, tanning racks)

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

2/6/2018 2:54:25 PM #5

Posted By Caelestius at 04:28 AM - Tue Feb 06 2018

I'm a huge fan of indexing and this index is of some of my favourite threads on the forums.

As for suggestions - I think the community at large would appreciate and benefit from a thread that outlines the basics of tailoring. People often talk about kinds of cloth, raw materials, and the processes for taking materials from a raw state to a usable piece of cloth and onwards into a garment.

I'm sure having a piece of reference material targeted towards CoE on that topic would be really useful for a lot of conversations in the community. :)

Possible topics within that;

• Common sources of raw materials for clothing (eg, wool, cotton, leather) and a short description of the steps for processing those materials

• Common historical pieces of equipment and the basics of their use (eg, looms, sewing needles, tanning racks)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! Leather tanning has been on my list for a while, but I hadn't really thought about textiles and cloth. I'll add it to the list!

2/6/2018 3:09:24 PM #6

Looking forward to seeing more of this. Thanks for taking the time and initiative.

Bookmarked. :)

Friend Code: CB1D33

2/6/2018 3:23:00 PM #7

I'm tempted to make this my new homepage! Very informative.

Thank you for sharing the results of your curious mind.

2/6/2018 7:37:21 PM #8

This Ugly Yet Mutable World

archer, tamer, survivalist, monster hunter, protector of the weak || duchy of aravier, kingdom of alésia, « næ

3/8/2018 6:18:35 AM #9

Posted By Sleep at 11:37 AM - Tue Feb 06 2018

This Ugly Yet Mutable World

I'm actually strangely comforted by the ability to remake this world in our own image.

3/8/2018 6:47:27 AM #10

As part of the harvested world I would like to see herbs/wild plants both edible and not. Mushrooms, tubers, berries, that sort of thing.

As well as animal parts. Which parts of an animal can be harvested and put to use. You already touched on the skin being used for leather. eg. Uses for the bones and claws. Which organs are edible. Different nutritional benefits from consuming different parts. eg. The heart, liver, kidney, eyes.

Along with other random information perhaps? Like how to make lime mortar from snail shells and sea shells. Which could be used in the absence of a rock deposit.

Great posts though. It's nice to have a compiled source of information about topics I'm not inclined to research myself.