COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
(County of Dreigehörntes) Give me Like...

Kingdom:

Bordweall/ King Dleatherus

Duchy:

Werïstarc/ Duke von Rügen

County:

Dreigehörntes/ Count Huldric Franconian

Capital:

Dreigehörntesdorf or Three Horned Village

Playstyle: Military/PvP/Social Experiment
Motto: In Victory Joy

During the Fourth Age, after the reign of the Deranged King of Xeilias had ended, the land was left scorched and barren. Broken husks of men, young and old, sown throughout the field of battle left unnamed and forgotten. Scavengers meticulously pick at the feast that was laid out for them by the Mad King. Across the grassland, stood a series of burnt support beams that could have been a temple or manor, but those who would've known for sure, have rejoined the Akashic Records.

As a caravan of mules crossed over the crest of grassland, moving at a somber pace toward the skeletal remains of civilization that once thrive in the plainsland. A mann, jumped down from the lead wagon, raising his hand to halt those behind him. No more than a quarter of a league from him, a herd of trison meandered through the wreckage, grazing on the grass that sprouted from the charred rubble. Among the herd, a trison of immense size, stood apart from his drove. This creature, spanning over a wagon and a half long, calmly grazed on the knee high grass, paying little mind to the mann.

The mann slowly approached the creature, raising his hand once more to hush the cries of protest from his people. Ever so slowly, he produced a handful of dried fruits and berries from his rations pack as his steps slowed to a crawl. The creature looked up as the mann approached, its nostrils flaring, taking in the sweet and succulent smells that lay in the mann’s hand. The midnight haired mann softly cooed and shushed the magnificent trison as he was no more than an arms length away from possibly being skewed or gored to death. The creature stared into the mann’s eyes for what seemed like an entire orbit of Luna. With what seem like serendipitous circumstance, the beast took a stepped forward and began to timidly eat the delicious treat it was offered, much to the relief of the mann. Soon, after much coaxing, the rest of the herd followed suit in accepting the gifts offered.

The mann’s caravan settled among the wreckage, working toward rebuilding what was lost. The people named that village Dreigehörntesdorf or Three Horned Village, after that fateful day.

-The Pitch-

The entire premise of the county of Dreigehörntes will be a democratic County. Yes, you read that correctly. I am proposing and recruiting for a democratic government system in a medieval-esque setting.

I know what some of you are thinking,

” That'll never work.”

"This will be abused.”

“Are you really planning on throwing away your county like that?”

Well, to alleviate some of those worries, I do have some stipulations in order to become the democratically elected Count.*

•You must be a member of the Assembly to be nominated.

•You have to have been paying taxes and have a record of paying taxes for no less than six months.

•Have to be a citizen+ of the County of Dreigehörntes for no less than six months.

This may be subject to change, depending on several factors of CoE.

Now, before everyone begins rushing to the poll booths, you must realize that the only way to ensure the responsibilities and honor of holding such a position transfers seamless to a new electee, I, Huldric Franconian will, for lack of a better term, remain the proxy Count or as I call it, the Patronage++.

What does this mean? It means once someone has been elected and verified, I will open a contract with that person giving them the responsibilities of the County as an elected Count; with a clause that states they will rule for no more than six months or impeached from the position. Why would I add such a clause? Simple. To ensure the County seat is not abused or neglected from those who seek to do it harm from the inside. I will also incorporate a body of two representatives from each mayorship and barony to sit as advisors to the Count called the Assembly. If the Assembly decides that the Count can no longer rule, they will vote to impeach the currently elected Count with a ⅔ majority vote. If it passes, I will cancel the contract with the elected Count and rule in his stead, till a newly elected Count is voted on.

*Here is the BLUF: *

•Patronage will contract out responsibilities and the position of Count to the elected person.

•Elected Count can execute with ALMOST the same powers as a Count (i.e. set policy, taxes, etc).

•Elected Count will be given a home to reside in, rent free in Dreigehörntesdorf until his elected period is up, thereby he must vacate the residents.

•If elected Count is deemed unworthy or abusive in his power, a vote from the Assembly will be cast to impeach said elected Count Patronage can still cancel said contract with ⅔ majority vote to impeach the Count or his elected term is complete, thereby regaining County authority, until another election is set.

•Term will be every six months and no more than two terms served.

The only aspect that the elected Count has no authority over are military and security matters (i.e milita, men-at-arms, etc). This will fall under the purview of the position of the Patronage. This is non-negotiable. Other than that, the Democratic County of Dreigehörntes is what you make of it.

-Assembly-

The Assembly is a body of mayors, barons and citizens who help guide the Count in better governance of the people. The Assembly will bring up issues of local government that needs to be addressed by the Count. If Duchy laws or policy encroach on local government, the Assembly will address these issues with the Count and from the Count to the Duke. The Assembly is comprised of: two seats per mayorship and barony, with each mayor and baron having two votes each, while citizens having one vote. At the head of the Assembly, sits the Patronage, with no votes.

-What we're looking for-

Being that my focus is toward military affairs, doesn't necessarily mean that I am looking for all PvPers or like minded military folks. Quite the opposite. If we want our County to succeed, we must be ensure that people want to travel and trade in our land. From farmers to astrologist, I will try, to the best of my ability, to accommodate you and allow you room to flourish. Being that this is a democracy, if you have ideas to better benefit the community that I am proposing that we create, bring it up. Also, if you're a Mayor and want to try your hand at being a Count, but simply can't because you either joined too late or didn't have the funds to purchase the pledge, then you can have that opportunity. So, I implore you, each and everyone who is reading this, give Dreigehörntes a consideration.

Thank you for your time.

In Victory Joy

Patronage Huldric Franconian

Discord: County of Dreigehörntes

Discord: Duchy of Werïstarc

Discord: Kingdom of Bordweall

+citizens are persons who lease or own land and have paid taxes continuously for no less than six months.

++The Patronage purpose is to ensure continuity between the transition of newly elected Counts and Assembly members. The Patronage will have control over County raised military and security personnel. The Patronage can be given recommendation on military matters from the Count and Assembly, but it is ultimately the Patronage's choice on how to execute.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

2/11/2018 1:52:18 PM #1

Reserved for updates.

2/12/2018 1:48:41 PM #2

If anyone has some good ideas to pitch about how best to run the County or has questions regarding how a democracy will work. Feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear your opinions on the matter.

2/22/2018 11:28:23 AM #3

I will be developing the lore portion of the County fairly soon. Stay tuned!

5/14/2018 1:57:00 AM #4

Can we have a sneak peak at the lore, Huldric?

As a fellow Count in Werïstarc, I cannot recommend Dreigehörntes enough. Count Huldric is a great person to work and speak with.