COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
visible pregnancy

now i don't want that on launch if this will gonna make things getting slow , but they could add this by the time , first of all im new here so correct me if i am wrong , we know it will be from 4-5 days to have child , but i read in wiki here ( Pregnancy is not going to be visible in-game ) which kinda sad because Chronicles of Elyria is about try to mimic some of elements in reality and wish they change their mind about this one because its kinda don't make sense because in game you can be fat,skinny,have hard hands because of blacksmith craft , so why not make pregnancy visable then ? and no i mean it will have 0 negative gameplay impact so character with big belly will act same as man ( for sake of gameplay and not punishing female players like dev said ) so it will work as cosmetic in simple form although i saw females will play this game and play as females and have no problem with penalize of pregnancy as they can do farm/craft work until 4 days end

PS: sorry english not my mother language

2/12/2018 7:51:09 AM #1

Its prolly because some countrys are very serious about sex and everything around it. They coule block the game + imaging someone is killing visable pregnant women. No way....

2/12/2018 8:01:54 AM #2

I honestly wouldn't mind the option. Maybe some minor benefit to make up for the penalties. And then those who chose not to deal with them just don't have to. Wether it's in the game or not I won't lose any sleep. I'm not trying to get the game banned in Australia. It's sooo easy to get a game banned in Australia

The one and only Capital K. Looking to have tons of fun and build communities with lots of fun people!

2/12/2018 8:02:49 AM #3

Pregnancy isn't a thing because they wanted to make the game a little better for women. If they had to go threw pregnancy they may not play that gender because it would put them at a disadvantage.

2/12/2018 8:05:50 AM #4

Posted By suslikwishmaker at 10:02 AM - Mon Feb 12 2018

Pregnancy isn't a thing because they wanted to make the game a little better for women. If they had to go threw pregnancy they may not play that gender because it would put them at a disadvantage.

i think you didn't read the full post sir , well i will copy what i said again "and no i mean it will have 0 negative gameplay impact so character with big belly will act same as man"

2/12/2018 8:07:44 AM #5

Posted By Nugger at 09:51 AM - Mon Feb 12 2018

Its prolly because some countrys are very serious about sex and everything around it. They coule block the game + imaging someone is killing visable pregnant women. No way....

but the game will have killing children too , plus killing women/king/burn city to ash will be as bad as killing pregnant woman , also its game its not like you killing someone in really life :D

2/12/2018 8:49:11 AM #6

Actually I think the children are unkillable.

But yes a belly would look and feel better for immersion and would make children more personal than just signing a contract.

Would be more work to get clothes and armor adjusted to fit tho.

2/15/2018 3:26:12 AM #7

Posted By omarxz11 at 12:05 AM - Mon Feb 12 2018

Posted By suslikwishmaker at 10:02 AM - Mon Feb 12 2018

i think you didn't read the full post sir , well i will copy what i said again "and no i mean it will have 0 negative gameplay impact so character with big belly will act same as man"

The big belly is still a increased hitbox. Making them easier to target and would have a impact on gameplay.

2/15/2018 4:43:02 AM #8

Welcome Omarxz! I believe you have a little information turned around, I believe the 4-5 days to have a child is actually the time it takes to make another child/childcode after creating one already, it's in a sense a "cooldown". As far as I know completing a child contract almost instantaneously brings a child into the world and it will age up as an NPC and will be unusable for a time until it hits 15 years or older.

Therefore, there's no point in showing pregnancy as neither characters are "pregnant" - they sign a form and get a child, and have to wait before they can churn out another :-)

3/16/2018 12:16:29 AM #9

I currently agree with the rather formalized babycode making scheme they have for design of the process, as a developer, it all makes sense and covers the bases for how a company has to develop 'certain content'. On the flipside, the family mechanics are a leading factor of features that drew me to COE, and if it were doable, I would welcome as many realistic aspects of familial creation, maintenance, etc etc. I have commented before in a voice convo about how I would love to be sitting on the County throne seat holding a beloved swaddled daughter in my arms while delivering daily edicts.

3/16/2018 12:48:06 AM #10

If all else fails, a pregnant woman can always try her best to cloister herself, in keeping with RP. Stay in your room with only close female friends or relatives and midwife and, if priviledged enough, ladies in waiting. No need to waddle about town in such an unseemly condition! :D

3/16/2018 12:49:04 AM #11

Thank you all for the contributions to this topic. As the question/concern has been answered, and given the age of the post it will be locked.

Thread Necromancy is not a form of magic in Elyria.