COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Kingdoms and Tribes

Reading a few announcements on the news page, I found one that outlined a proposal for distributing tribes amongst the kingdoms.

This posed a question in my mind. Has it been confirmed for individual kingdoms exactly what tribes they'll have dominion over? Or is this yet to be announced?

I'm wondering because I'm of the mind to play a Kypiq, and I'd rather not join a guild or town in a kingdom that doesn't allow me to play my race of choice. I want to make sure I pick a location that benefits me, first and foremost.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

2/20/2018 3:27:56 AM #1

Kings are waiting to see the map before they make their choice we probably won't know until domain selection.

2/20/2018 3:33:37 AM #2

No real rush to pick, unless you plan to be a noble. Just wait it out and see where everyone lands. Much easier on you, then to find a group that has the tribe you want and fits with your play style.

2/20/2018 4:35:42 AM #3

Posted By Gunnlang at 9:33 PM - Mon Feb 19 2018

No real rush to pick, unless you plan to be a noble. Just wait it out and see where everyone lands. Much easier on you, then to find a group that has the tribe you want and fits with your play style.

I figure there isn't a particular reason to. I'd prefer to be familiar with a group before joining, but I suppose that isn't too important.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

2/20/2018 5:06:36 AM #4

Also, keep in mind that in a kingdom there may be quite a lot of options for tribes, as not only the primary tribes but also the less common tribes will be available. However, as you narrow down to finding a duchy, county, and settlement, the options may become fewer.

If playing a particular tribe is more important to you than being in a specific group, then I'd say wait at least until domain selection, so all the kingdoms know what tribes they'll get. But you can still hang out with all of them and get to know them.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him.

2/20/2018 7:13:05 AM #5

Posted By Desophyr at 3:35 PM - Tue Feb 20 2018

Posted By Gunnlang at 9:33 PM - Mon Feb 19 2018

I figure there isn't a particular reason to. I'd prefer to be familiar with a group before joining, but I suppose that isn't too important.

I get that and it's important to me as well. But even after domain selection happens and you can see where everyone lands. There will still be a long time till the game launches, enough time to get to know all the different groups that fall within the tribe you want.

2/21/2018 6:07:49 PM #6

You can also use exposition/ KoE to move a race into an area that they normally arn't. Since KoE will be the precursor to the game there should be ample time to move families around and get a decent mixture of races. There of course may be penalties for bringing Kypiq to the frozen lands or taking a Brudvir into the swamps or desert.

5/21/2018 12:12:31 AM #7

On that particular note, I'm one of those idoits taking a whole family of Kypiq into Brudvir territory.

If you're looking for a home or simply a place to stay from time to time, my town will be run by a family of Kypiq's, and I'd like to encourage more to come join the area despite the potential extreme difficulty. Let me know if you'd be interested in either, because roleplay is roleplay in the end.

Survival, Whatever the Cost, We Shall Endure| Marthanais, Cibé an Costas, An mbeidh muid Mairfidh| Pledged to Vornair, Pledged to Erzhalden, Pledged to Volsung, Freyr of Kjalstead

5/21/2018 5:52:38 AM #8

I've heard rumors that Fortuna may desire the Kypiq lands, but they are not even recruiting so it's kind of moot.

You may want to find like minded Kypiq who can organize as a town around someone with a mayor pack and then pick where the group will go once land selection gets under way.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

5/22/2018 7:43:30 PM #9

iv also heard of organizations whose focus is to wipe out the kypiq, so you should probably avoid those kingdoms

6/10/2018 3:43:24 AM #10

Yeah, there's unfortunately a few, I saw a bunch of it out of players intending to be Janoa when they start.

Still, doing so won't do much, in the end. It's an easy way to get chased out of towns and hunted down by bounty hunters.

Survival, Whatever the Cost, We Shall Endure| Marthanais, Cibé an Costas, An mbeidh muid Mairfidh| Pledged to Vornair, Pledged to Erzhalden, Pledged to Volsung, Freyr of Kjalstead

6/10/2018 10:29:48 PM #11

Posted By Driiquar317 at 5:12 PM - Sun May 20 2018

On that particular note, I'm one of those idoits taking a whole family of Kypiq into Brudvir territory.

If you're looking for a home or simply a place to stay from time to time, my town will be run by a family of Kypiq's, and I'd like to encourage more to come join the area despite the potential extreme difficulty. Let me know if you'd be interested in either, because roleplay is roleplay in the end.

One of my friends is interested in being Kypiq, whereas I'm intending to be Brudvir in Brudvir territory. Since we are going to be playing together, I may have someone to point to your settlement in the future. Cool idea

2A4E09