COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Perfectionist

So in the Brudvir wiki it says that it will take longer to craft items. Does this mean that as the skill is listed "Crafting Perfectionist" means that it may take longer to craft that for all items it has a chance to be of higher quality than of someone with the same skill level or than normal?

Friend code: 64E963

4/9/2018 6:39:32 AM #1

I've been wondering this too - would sure improve the desire for their produced goods overall. Instant riches!

[

4/9/2018 7:02:56 AM #2

Posted By Mitch2171 at 11:39 PM - Sun Apr 08 2018

I've been wondering this too - would sure improve the desire for their produced goods overall. Instant riches!

While it won't be instant, because of taking a longer time to make each item, Brudvir items will tend to have higher quality as rated by the game engine, and so deserve a higher asking price than lower-quality items.

I imagine that Brudvir artisans will be more likely to craft items above their nominal skill levels than artisans of other tribes, but I don't know exactly how it will work in the game mechanics. If this applies to OPC artisans, it could be a significant income boost when quality matters more than quantity.

4/9/2018 8:59:50 AM #3

Yes as Poldano said, Caspian confirmed via Discord,

Caspian - 03/31/2018 @Esoba Yes. Higher quality, but slower production speeds.

From the Perfectionist attribute of the Brudvir. How exactly that will affect things will be interesting to see indeed.

4/9/2018 12:30:33 PM #4

Hmmm Hrothi giving the best Ore to a Brudvir interesting.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

4/14/2018 11:02:07 AM #5

I imagine it is more like higher potential quality not necessarily guarenteed higher quality. Remember that there are crafting challenges that pop up which threaten and challenge the player crafter to finish their item and in theory the longer the crafting processes the more chance there is for these challenges to occur.

Eg Normal person 5 minutes to make a sword. 3 challenges occur Quality Normal

Brudvir takes 8 minutes to make a sword. 5 challenges occur Quality Higher - But with potentially more risk?

Unless they decide to make Brudvir take longer with no penalties towards challenges occurring.

4/14/2018 4:56:21 PM #6

Given the now more complex and skill based crafting system there is a chance the specifics of how this perk works will change or be tweaked. It could maybe just improve the margin of error to get a good result and perhaps it slows down the actual steps or the amount of progress per action?

4/14/2018 8:44:36 PM #7

Posted By TheConcierge at 11:56 AM - Sat Apr 14 2018

Given the now more complex and skill based crafting system there is a chance the specifics of how this perk works will change or be tweaked. It could maybe just improve the margin of error to get a good result and perhaps it slows down the actual steps or the amount of progress per action?

After the recent crafting journal, That is my assumption is that they will have a decreased risk of problems occurring with an increased time required for each step.