COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Seafaring Nomads anyone?

Greetings all, I am new to Chronicles of Elyria and I am already ambitious!

I have looked into the various starting kingdoms for NA-W and none of them seemed to fully appeal to my nomadic soul. So, I decided to fashion my own vision for a future in-game culture. Also, I thought it would add to the richness of the Elyrian world by providing a fresh and different style of empire.

If you are fascinated by nomadic cultures, or if the sea breeze fills the sails of your heart, click here to learn more about my dream for a people based off of the Venetians, the Mongols, the Bedouins, the Vikings, and the Phoenicians.

This idea of mine is still in the brainstorming phase so please feel free to share your favorite and least favorite elements of this.

Have a great day!

"The best of men choose one thing in preference to all else, immortal glory in preference to mortal good; whereas the masses simply glut themselves like cattle." - Heraclitus

3/30/2018 9:11:09 PM #1

Love the idea! Welcome to CoE!

3/30/2018 9:40:41 PM #2

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Alt text - can be left blank

4/1/2018 11:08:11 AM #3

Interesting interesting :)

Kingdom of Ashland > Duchy of Sanctaphandri > County of Osthelia > Stronghold of Yaeger

4/1/2018 12:42:06 PM #4

Seek also the Sama-Bajau, from Malasia, Philipines etc, they still exist, some still live traditionaly in boats and have adapted along the ages to hold breath for very long periods and reach very deep underwater.

4/1/2018 4:13:52 PM #5

Eurickdm, I think I heard of them once long ago, though I've never known what they are called, I will definitely check them out!

"The best of men choose one thing in preference to all else, immortal glory in preference to mortal good; whereas the masses simply glut themselves like cattle." - Heraclitus

4/1/2018 4:27:53 PM #6

Posted By Alrin at

Greetings all, I am new to Chronicles of Elyria and I am already ambitious!

I have looked into the various starting kingdoms for NA-W and none of them seemed to fully appeal to my nomadic soul. So, I decided to fashion my own vision for a future in-game culture. Also, I thought it would add to the richness of the Elyrian world by providing a fresh and different style of empire.

If you are fascinated by nomadic cultures, or if the sea breeze fills the sails of your heart, click here to learn more about my dream for a people based off of the Venetians, the Mongols, the Bedouins, the Vikings, and the Phoenicians.

This idea of mine is still in the brainstorming phase so please feel free to share your favorite and least favorite elements of this.

Have a great day!

Best be careful "Brain Storming" on the open seas. :) maybe you could even do a "Water World" type of settlement.

4/1/2018 5:09:12 PM #7

In China Mievile's Novel "The Scar" there's Armada, a city composed of hundreds/thousands of Ships, vessels and boats tied together by rope bridges and platforms. They are a kind of pirate City State that "kidnap" other boats to enslave the crew, gather resources and expand their city. You could also check that.

4/5/2018 8:48:37 PM #8

Very thought provoking idea. The way of the seafarer will be a dangerous lifestyle; yet it is one of the greatest resources to explore in Elyria. If you have the patience, skill and knowledge to navigate the sea and construct sea vessels, with your lore already in place it would be a great opportunity for the culture of the game. I wish you the best.

4/5/2018 9:15:47 PM #9

I think the biggest thing you should look for in a kingdom is whoever is pushing for innovation..To actually live on the seas you will need tech to advance, at the start we won't have boats at all(if someone something small for rivers). Even, we will have boats we need to go further to make them livable for a longer period of time and then studies to keep people alive on the open seas.

I would hold on to your idea and build your group but support a kingdom that gets you to your goal. From what I've seen almost all kingdoms want to research boats ASAP.

4/6/2018 12:09:44 AM #10

If you were on NA-East, I'd imagine we'd be friends :).

Good luck on the west!

4/15/2018 3:57:09 PM #11

My ultimate goal is to find the Yoru so I can play as one in the next life so I think the nomadic seafarer is a fantastic idea! With enough people working together to build ships and explore I think you have a good opportunity here. I may have to join once I learn all I can from my guild/school

Friend Code: 4B752A

4/15/2018 5:11:29 PM #12

Posted By FoxyTorryn at 08:57 AM - Sun Apr 15 2018

My ultimate goal is to find the Yoru so I can play as one in the next life so I think the nomadic seafarer is a fantastic idea! With enough people working together to build ships and explore I think you have a good opportunity here. I may have to join once I learn all I can from my guild/school

Sounds great, hopefully our paths shall cross one day, if it be the will of El-Vos'drakh. Your comment got me thinking, it would probably be useful for all those who wish to play as one of the lost tribes to work together to achieve each other's goals.

4/15/2018 5:16:22 PM #13

Posted By Alrin at 10:11 AM - Sun Apr 15 2018

Sounds great, hopefully our paths shall cross one day, if it be the will of El-Vos'drakh. Your comment got me thinking, it would probably be useful for all those who wish to play as one of the lost tribes to work together to achieve each other's goals.

Yes we absolutely should work together! Feel free to add me on discord. I'll PM it to you. As the Yoru and Brudvir share a language I plan on starting as Brudvir.

Friend Code: 4B752A

5/17/2018 8:01:53 PM #14

I really like the idea. Sadly I don't see us working together immediately as I plan to wander my home continent by land and land alone to start(though most likely on horseback) however if my endeavors direct me towards the sea I will definitely contact you

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn