COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
What kind of business will you have?

Hello fellow Elyrians. I know a lot of people have plans for when the game launches and I want to know what everyone is planning and what kinds of cool and interesting shops or businesses will we see once the game gets started.

I personally plan on making a book store/scroll shop and making it my personal mission to collect as much knowledge as I can. I plan on selling, buying, copying, translating, and any other scribe service that might need to be done, and hopefully contribute to the advancement of my kingdom by helping to push technology forward.

Anyone else have any ideas about a business you might want to try once the game is out?

4/4/2018 10:31:23 PM #1

We want to run a series of papermills as well as leather and cloth crafting. The focus will be support for the nobility on contract materials, as well as supporting our county in education and research. Lots of book creation, map making, and drawings/paintings if that will be in here :). To support a delivery service we also plan to do research and development into sturdy cloth cloaks, riding leathers, and light weapons and armor for faster moving players. -Mayor of Surda

Anders J. Brisingr Mayor of Surda County of Aberon Dutchy of Aravier Kingdom of Alesia NA-E Friend Code: 68702B

4/4/2018 10:48:45 PM #2

I want to run a tailoring shop and become a master tailor. I don't have a traditional storefront in a city though, but rather a quiet retreat in the woods for travelers to rest their heads and watch maidens weave silk fabrics on their looms. My couture house if you will, as well as my residence. A place to breed artistic expression. I'll travel into town every once in a while with my best work to sell at the markets and take commissions.

My husband, an explorer, brings trinkets and gems back from around the world for me to use in my designs and he tells me of his various journeys.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

4/4/2018 11:22:48 PM #3

Oh man those both sound pretty cool

Posted By Lord_Brisingr at 6:31 PM - Wed Apr 04 2018

We want to run a series of papermills as well as leather and cloth crafting. The focus will be support for the nobility on contract materials, as well as supporting our county in education and research. Lots of book creation, map making, and drawings/paintings if that will be in here :). To support a delivery service we also plan to do research and development into sturdy cloth cloaks, riding leathers, and light weapons and armor for faster moving players. -Mayor of Surda

Nice, I am probably gonna have to do some trading with you then because I am going to need a lot of paper and idk if there will be a paper maker set up near me.

Posted By Mhaura at 6:48 PM - Wed Apr 04 2018

I want to run a tailoring shop and become a master tailor. I don't have a traditional storefront in a city though, but rather a quiet retreat in the woods for travelers to rest their heads and watch maidens weave silk fabrics on their looms. My couture house if you will, as well as my residence. A place to breed artistic expression. I'll travel into town every once in a while with my best work to sell at the markets and take commissions.

My husband, an explorer, brings trinkets and gems back from around the world for me to use in my designs and he tells me of his various journeys.

Dude that sounds totally amazing. Such a cool idea. Totally loving the aesthetic.

4/5/2018 12:53:31 AM #4

My plan at the moment is to buy 8 parcels. Sheep for meat and wool will be on 4 of the parcels and 3 parcels will be for an apple orchard (probably... crops will have to mirror our biome option). The final parcel will contain my villa, several houses for farming staff, a few small crafting stations related to the farm, and a small garden. When I'm not doing mayorly things, this is where you'll find me.

TLDR: I'll have a farm business selling meat and wool as well as fresh apples and ciders. :)

4/5/2018 2:35:21 AM #5

My businesses are the following:

• Elyrian Identity Center - Focuses on methods to be used in establishing & verifying player's identities. Scribing services available for contract creation, maps, forgery detection, etc... Bards available for investigation purposes.

• Elyrian Securities Center - Insurance and investments

• Bede's Bounty - Fun side business in my Keep that'll offer honey, mead, apitherapy, and alchemical products.

4/5/2018 2:42:32 AM #6

I'm really interested in the tailoring business. While helping run my kingdom and my counties will be my main priority, I'm hoping I can still sell fashion in the meantime. I've always been interested in clothing workshops/leatherworking. Because fashion is everything.

4/5/2018 5:53:12 AM #7

As I plan to become a liege of my Duke I shall be doing weapons smithing for the duchy military. I do plan to start as part of a guild to make some money but will eventually be running a private shop that works only for the military and will open up my services to locals if no orders are in to fill for the govt. I would like to be somewhat of a researcher in high grade weapons to provide the best arms for the armies of Ashland

Friend code: 64E963

4/5/2018 6:44:15 AM #8

I plan to wait and see what's needed most where I start. Glassblowing was way down the list when the last poll was taken, so that's a possibility. Jewelsmithing and herbalism are also possibilities, as I have character lore in mind to back them up. I'm really open to anything that isn't outrageously spark-threatening.

4/5/2018 8:44:13 AM #9

Crypt Keeper, funeral home or tender of the dead..

While not carving pictures in skulls, wading around in flooded tunnels or creeping out customers I forsee myself having time for some side business.

Something artsy, be it drawing/painting, jewelry or sculpture in clay or stone... bone and skull furniture if that is possible!

... materials naturally coming from somewhere else ...

4/5/2018 11:34:45 AM #10

I didn't even think of the art side of things. That could be pretty fun to do something in that field.

Something I have been thinking about is getting into astronomy and trying to be like a fortune teller. In one of the Q&As they were talking about how the position of the planets will have an effect on characters, so maybe being able to read that will help determine what someones fate is, or help determine if they have a talent.

4/5/2018 12:15:58 PM #11

I'm a Mayor in Blackheart. Much of my time will be focused on the farms I'll be managing to try and produce the right amount of resources for our crafting guilds. That includes honey from bees, herbs, and animal organs from livestock we'll maintain.

My personal shop will be the Hollow Flask, an alchemist shop/lab where I work on different medicines to export. With EP I'll set up a smithy and tinker shop as well so that the community can produce what it needs.

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9

4/5/2018 12:28:36 PM #12

I'm planning on establishing a form of herbal consulting business. I'd grow rare herbs on the side but most of my days will be discovering herbs and help alchemists with their research on commission. I'm keeping a mental note for the Hollow Flask.

4/5/2018 2:17:13 PM #13

Smith/Mount Armorer

Mount breeder

.....and mead

"Mounts and Mead Smithy"

.....and then I'll smash it with a hammer!!!

4/5/2018 4:03:07 PM #14

International Border Baron will be my main job, training, patrolling, hunting baddies and building relationships with my ppls.

When I have down time I will craft spear heads, spear shafts and shields. I hope to attract others who would like to craft the same things and grow a business. If the business grows we can create a guild and go form there :P

I want to be a legendary spear and shield warrior! Fucking love that we can fight with spear n shield....my FAV!

4/5/2018 4:25:12 PM #15

Posted By Neohmi at 07:28 AM - Thu Apr 05 2018

I'm planning on establishing a form of herbal consulting business. I'd grow rare herbs on the side but most of my days will be discovering herbs and help alchemists with their research on commission. I'm keeping a mental note for the Hollow Flask.

I'll for sure need help, especially in the beginning. If we have a system for currency up by then, I'll happily pay for seeds and the herbs with them so that I can get everything going. Anyone looking for a farm, I should have several to work at in Blackheart.

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9