COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Working together to find the Yoru (and other lost tribes)

I've been reading up on the lost tribes and saw that researching ocean travel was necessary. Then we would have to find of course find the new continent(s) and make contact.

I plan on playing as Brudvir since they share a language with the Yoru somehow and have that resistance to cold. So I was thinking I should look for or make an organization dedicated to developing ocean travel and exploring these lands in search of the lost tribes.

Does such a group already exist or should I make one?

Friend Code: 4B752A

4/17/2018 3:39:17 PM #1

There are a lot of folks interested in seafaring and exploration, but as with most things, these are likely to be kingdom and probably duchy specific. Have you settled anywhere in particular?

Of course, there's nothing stopping cross kingdom collaboration via discord and such, but you'll need to be mindful of the state of diplomacy at any given time. You wouldn't want to aid and abet an enemy in something as valuable as discovering new territory.

4/17/2018 3:45:41 PM #2

True enough. I am thinking of a particular kingdom but I don't think they have the right biome for me. It really depends on where I can start as Brudvir. Specifically I want to start in the North but I don't know which kingdoms have settled where.

Likely it will have to wait until Domain selection. That said I do want to get a head start on a seafaring/exploration focused guild or school in the North. I know the Yoru are somewhere to the North.

4/17/2018 4:17:04 PM #3

Your best bet would be either asking here on the forums or asking on discord. In either the general CoE discord or the NAW one. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a group aiming for Brudvir in mind and planning the same thing as well.

4/17/2018 4:48:57 PM #4

Yeah I know the feeling. A lot of decisions are hinging on domain selection. That said, I don't imagine deep ocean exploration will be available from the outset. Whether it'll require skills to research and unlock, ships to research and build, or exploration to organize and fund, this seems to me a pretty big ordeal, if you want to actually succeed.

Given that SBS endeavors to make traveling through the wilderness a challenge, I suspect deep sea exploration will present at least as much difficulty. So I don't think people will be able to solo this, and like in the historical past, exploration of this magnitude may require the deeper coffers of a kingdom.

4/17/2018 4:58:35 PM #5

Hieronymus, that's very likely. Which is why I think that there should be like a Shipwright guild or something in the kingdoms. Its going to take a village or possibly more just to build a boat. Then there is the issue of manning the boat and sailing skills.

I'll keep looking for people on discord who have an interest in ship research and finding the lost tribes.

4/17/2018 6:15:29 PM #6

I do understand the excitement, but I kind of wish SbS would have kept the overseas tribes a secret so we wouldn't all metagame trying to get seafaring ships as quickly as possible and try to find tribes we technically should know nothing about.

4/17/2018 8:28:41 PM #7

That's one of the purposes of my glorious death thread.

I'm going to be doing more than looking for the lost tribes though. I'm also going to be looking for vampires, Qin, ancient relics, and so on.