COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Kypiq buildings

So I am wondering how will Kypiq build they homes in the trees?

Will Kypiq be able to build their homes on the tree at different levels or just at the tops?

How will they be accessible?

Can other races access them?

Because Kypiq are smaller does this mean their homes are also smaller making it impossible for other races to get inside?

How will land management work if Kypiq are able to build more vertically?

How will they build homes in the trees and how will they get the resources up there?

When a tree is built in does that make the tree their property and therefore tougher to prevent other players from felling the trees and their homes?

Just a few questions on the matter of Kypiq because I really hope to play as one.

4/20/2018 12:01:13 PM #1

Hey there! Here is an example of what Kypiq Buildings may look like is from Concept art. But remember is just concept art so it is subject to change, so take it with a grain of salt.

Kypiq will be able to build there homes on different levels, but the nobility will live in the taller trees and closer to the top.

Other races may try to access them but if they weigh too much they may encounter issues as well as if they are too tall. So yes they will have smaller entrances to their homes, also Kypiqs are known to be wary of outsiders in their forest.

Land management will work just the same as regular, they will get parcels and will own what ever trees are in that parcel.

If you look in the concept art they have pulleys to pull up crates and such. As for building homes I assume scaffolding.

So any trees in a parcel they own is theirs. Just like all other lands you can build in other peoples property its just illegal and the owner of sad tree/parcel could destroy your building.

Hope this helps :)

4/20/2018 12:32:05 PM #2

Actual* in-game* footage*

YouShallNotPass

4/20/2018 12:46:55 PM #3

Not to quote anything from discord, but Sniperhunter had a few comments about this very subject yesterday afternoon (around 6:30pm EST if you want to look it up). Obviously nothing is final and they are still toying with ideas on how the vertical of Hrothi and Kypiq settlements work.

4/20/2018 3:30:40 PM #4

This makes me happy! Didn't realise there were concept art. Must have missed them. Love the idea of lifts, pulleys and cranes. Scaffolding and rope ladders too. Hope it works out like that.

4/20/2018 6:04:03 PM #5

To be fair thats quite good concept art. Whoever plays Kypiqs will have good fun building their settlements.

11/12/2018 10:15:19 PM #6

Kypiqs are the leprechaun wookies of CoE. Fact