COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Emote feedback

Congratulations to the winners of the Tribe Emojis I think the winners were all appropriate.

However I am curious just to see if people understand my set of emojis and opening them up to feedback. Be as harsh as you like, ill even upvote your post if its negative but honest (AKA constructive).

Each has a shape of the letter of the tribe they represent. And involve some objective thing that represents their culture.

Waerd - blood/death

Toresk - paper/contracts

Neran - stained glass

Kypiq - flora

Janoa - necklace with pieces from the different animals theyve killed

Dras - bracelet

Brudvir - wood carving of a wolf

Hrothi - rune

5/7/2018 11:49:38 PM #1

One suggestion I have is to minimize detail. Take a look at any emoji on different operating systems. The third one is the most detailed, and that just adds eyebrows and a little tension symbol. Emojis need to be legible at very small sizes, and adding detail will obscure them. This is also why most emojis are "flat" and cartoony. I think your Toresk emoji follows these guidelines best, as you can see all the same detail up close or far away. Your Brudvir emoji is very difficult to make out the detail from any distance.

Also, something that I think the winner did well was to base them off of existing emojis. If you think of what the emojis would be used for, it helps to attach an emotion or general "vibe" to them. Just having a plain tribal emoji is good if you want to show your support for said tribe, but I think the winning emojis are more versatile. Annoyed by what some Neran lover is saying? The Dras emoji is there to express that! Not sure how to feel about a new update? You can use the Hrothi emoji!

That said, I do think making symbols in the shapes of the tribal letters was creative! Just maybe not as functional as an actual emoji.

6/12/2018 6:38:00 PM #2

I really love the concept of these, but sadly the detail in them, at a smaller resolution, is more lost than not. I'd love to see these in higher resolution - I think they're really cute. Do you have a deviantART or other portfolio? Would love to see your other work.

Just out of curiosity, do you do commissions? Providing commission info, if so, doesn't hurt. Maybe you can generate some business. I know lots of people looking for good discord emoji's and such and you've definitely got talent.

The Akashic Records