COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
Counter Movement Against the Advanced Technology Prevention Society

(Have altered the name to The Society for Preventing the Advanced Technology Prevention Society.)

Do you cringe at the idea of someone preventing you from building your own guns, automobiles, airplanes, computers, and similar technologies that you may one day bring into existence in Elyria? If so, The Society for Preventing the Advanced Technology Prevention Society. is for you, whether you simply want to fund the society or actively take part in it.

The Society for Preventing the Advanced Technology Prevention Society. has a few goals:

1) Discovery of those who would prevent our conduct of research advanced technologies through joint networks of informants, spies, and investigators from members own or house connections.

2) Assassination of anyone preventing research on advanced technologies through either in-house assassins, or by contracting out assassination targets.

3) Preservation and proliferation of said research.

4) Long-term surveillance of suspect enemies to prevent subsequent attempts at the destruction of research of certain advanced technologies and attempts on such researchers.

https://discord.gg/E9bGer Join the discord

Una simul omnia sustinemus, progredimur

5/15/2018 8:52:40 PM #1

Coming Soon(tm)

5/15/2018 8:54:30 PM #2

XD Hah, yeah I saw that thread and it was pretty cringe from an OOC-standpoint, but honestly an exciting RP-worthy movement to fight against. And as someone who is averse to strangling out technological advancement, if either of these movements become a tangible THING in the game, I'm with this one!

~Currently browsing around possibilities and invites, haven't settled on anything yet!~

Game Development/jRPG/Horror&Sci-fi/Animuuu/2d Animation Enthusiast

5/15/2018 9:07:31 PM #3

I support this 100%

5/15/2018 9:09:01 PM #4

Hehe...well played, sir.

Well played.

Personally I would have went with The Society for Preventing the Advanced Technology Prevention Society.

Imgur

5/15/2018 9:12:21 PM #5

Thank you for being there CMAATPS. I was rather alarmed that my dreams of playing a Kypiq who could escape the harsh realities by booting up his Ironbark Computer and playing a fantasy game with anyone from the 6 Kingdoms were to be crushed!

"But the Duchess had no common sense, probably because it was, well, too common." - Terry Pratchett
Selene Server Contact for The Older Gamers (TOG) | Friend Code: DE07B6

5/15/2018 9:12:42 PM #6

Posted By Marovec at 10:09 PM - Tue May 15 2018

Hehe...well played, sir.

Well played.

Personally I would have went with The Society for Preventing the Advanced Technology Prevention Society.

That is a better title.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/15/2018 9:13:42 PM #7

You should make a discord.

5/15/2018 9:15:04 PM #8

"I was worried I would never figure out the automatic transition on my neran roadster, but thanks to the tutorial video by CMAATPS, I was driving down E-65 in no time - radio blaring!"

Imgur

5/15/2018 9:16:50 PM #9

Posted By Maulvorn at 10:13 PM - Tue May 15 2018

https://discord.gg/E9bGer Just made it

5/15/2018 9:18:32 PM #10

"I was worried that my dreams of dropping a spaceborne colony on my enemies as a form of pre-emptive genocide was all for naught but thanks to CMAATPS Operation British is a go!!"

Coming Soon(tm)

5/15/2018 9:22:28 PM #11

Posted By AlexanderStorm at 10:16 PM - Tue May 15 2018

Posted By Maulvorn at 10:13 PM - Tue May 15 2018

https://discord.gg/E9bGer Just made it

I'll sign up!

5/15/2018 9:33:31 PM #12

So... who decides what counts as advanced technology? Is an astrolabe? A camera ? A galvanic cell? Concrete? Nanotechnology? A death ray? A steam engine? Electricity? Central heating? Indoor plumbing?

They all have at least anecdotal if not archaeological proof of existence during ancient and medieval times i.e. from 0-1600.

:D

5/15/2018 9:40:35 PM #13

Beat me to the punch. The people of NA-E support your endeavor, oh great anti-prevention prevention leader.

5/15/2018 9:45:11 PM #14

Posted By Scylurus at 10:33 PM - Tue May 15 2018

So... who decides what counts as advanced technology? Is an astrolabe? A camera ? A galvanic cell? Concrete? Nanotechnology? A death ray? A steam engine? Electricity? Central heating? Indoor plumbing?

They all have at least anecdotal if not archaeological proof of existence during ancient and medieval times i.e. from 0-1600.

:D

Those who join the society will vote on what is counted as an advanced technology.

5/15/2018 9:47:36 PM #15

I'm glad that people noticed that post and it ended up backfiring like I hoped. I'm all for this movement!

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99