COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
KINGDOMS AND TRIBES

I SAW HOW THEY CREATE KINGDOMS (OR EXAMPLE) SO THERE IS NO BEGINNING "REAL" KINGDOMS YET THEY ARE TRIBES ALL AND HIGH KING RULES FIRST CENTURIES ON THERE... SO EXPOSITION POINTS AND ALL IS SOMETHING ODD FOR ME ITS LARGER SCALE, SO IF YOU START A GAME YOU ARE JUST 0 AD AND YOU ARE NOT LIKE ROME YOU ARE LIKE 3000 BC TRIBE KINGDOM AND AFTER MANY WARS ABOUT 700 BC GAME STARTS AND ROME WILL BE REBUILD / OR ARE UNFRIENDLY AND FRIENDLY TRIBES TOGETHER AND HATES EACH OTHER SO THEY COULD KILL OTHERS ANY GIVEN TIME YOU SEE SOMEBODY (POTENTIAL MURDERER) ((AND ARE THERE SLAVES???)) SO I DONT WANT LIVE TOWN WHERE EVERYBODY IS POTENTIAL MURDERER I WANT OWN TRIBE IF THATS SO OR IS THEY STILL LIVING LATER PERIOD I CANT BE SURE.... BUT STILL....

5/29/2018 11:37:43 PM #1

it was by "DEYTHLAREUS" in April this year, so what they are planning to do US ??? PUT ALL TOGETHER??? CIVIL WARS AND ALL TOGETHER??? IF WE ARE EVEN ROMAN PERIOD WE MUST CONTROL MORE WHO ARE KINGDOM or kingdom within tribe kingdoms creates whole BIG EMPIRE??? TWO OR MORE KINGDOM INSIDE WITHIN BIG EMPIRE??? IS THAT WHERE THEY PUT US TO LIVE???

5/30/2018 12:30:28 AM #2

Hello Elphym!

First, I think the inclusion of a lot of capitals is making it more difficult to parse your posts in general so you might want to avoid that to increase user interaction but that's only my suggestion not a requirement :D

On your question of, "Are there slaves?" No Elyria does not have slavery, the feature is not being implemented mechanically by the developers as it doesn't take away from the overall game experience by lacking said feature and a slavery mechanic can result in large amounts of gameplay loss for those forced into slavery. There are likely other reasons for this decision by the developers that I'm missing but the more important answer is no it won't be implemented mechanically.

For the rest of your post I can see there's a bit of confusion on the historical development of Elyria and its cultural evolution but that is completely understandable as not a lot of lore on the history of Elyria has been released (The woes of being so early in development for us lore lovers haha). Let me go through this by bullet points,

• SO THERE IS NO BEGINNING "REAL" KINGDOMS YET THEY ARE TRIBES ALL AND HIGH KING RULES FIRST CENTURIES ON THERE

No so far as we know the kingdoms of Elyria are indeed established political entities, not just cultural agglomerations. Elyria has gone through three ages prior to the game launch in the 817th year of the 4th age, there has been some time for development and political history in Elyria.

• SO EXPOSITION POINTS AND ALL IS SOMETHING ODD FOR ME ITS LARGER SCALE, SO IF YOU START A GAME YOU ARE JUST 0 AD AND YOU ARE NOT LIKE ROME YOU ARE LIKE 3000 BC TRIBE KINGDOM AND AFTER MANY WARS ABOUT 700 BC GAME STARTS AND ROME WILL BE REBUILD / OR ARE UNFRIENDLY AND FRIENDLY TRIBES TOGETHER

Nope, the "Rome" or period of some high civility and progress for Elyria could be considered something like the First Age (which it has been stated is where a lot of relics come fro) and possibly some Golden Age periods in the Second and Third Age though we unfortunately don't have much information on what happened in them. The main point is Elyria has already gone through a period of progress, then collapse before we get into the game and we're post previous civilization periods,

• ARE UNFRIENDLY AND FRIENDLY TRIBES TOGETHER AND HATES EACH OTHER SO THEY COULD KILL OTHERS ANY GIVEN TIME YOU SEE SOMEBODY (POTENTIAL MURDERER)

It should be noted that while we've been told some tribes are unfriendly with others that does not necessarily mean they are engaging in warfare among cultural lines with one another. You bring up Roman times and that's a good analog for this I think. Throughout Rome's development they bordered the Celts & Gauls of Northern Italy (called Cisapline Gaul in those times). These were two distinct cultural "tribes" and many times these peoples engaged in war and in general had a mistrust of one another but that didn't mean any Roman that walked into a Celtic village was going to be killed on the spot or even have a high chance of being killed for purely cultural reasons.

I think this addresses the main points of confusion / concern in your post. As it is we'll have to see just what tribal relations mean in Elyria but I think your line of thought has gone too far into the realm of assuming very contentious tribal relations.

Cheers!

5/30/2018 12:50:46 AM #3

WHY ARE WE YELLING! :P

In all seriousness, Polite has answered your question pretty well. I just want to mention that when players join during expo that kingdoms, lore, history already exist, EP is used to add to this world (World building).

5/30/2018 2:13:04 AM #4

A+ answer from Polite usagi chan.

Friend Code: CB1D33

5/30/2018 2:50:43 AM #5

Very difficult to read a post all in capital letters. Polite answer properly to all your questions. I add Chronicles of Elyria is a different sort of game, so you will find out as soon you will read more and more... "The Caspian way"

5/30/2018 2:57:38 AM #6

YES ! SORRRYYYY.... I mean If all tribes are together same kingdom and others hate each other then there might be WAR - Friendly Do friendly allies unfriendly to friendly LESS common do more often allies themselves

5/30/2018 3:48:17 AM #7

I think in the end it's up to the players to choose how they want to react

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

5/30/2018 3:55:58 AM #8

Yes, war. That's part of the game, conflict is fun.

The Akashic Records

5/30/2018 7:44:14 AM #9

@Elphym,

No kingdom will have large numbers of people from every tribe. Usually a kingdom will have large numbers from 2, 3, or 4 tribes, and smaller numbers from others. Some of the kingdoms contain tribes that are not all that friendly with each other, but they are not considered to be engaged in tribal war with each other in the 4th age. It's more like they treat each other with a great deal of caution, and perhaps suspicion.

Tribes are not the strongest political entities in the game; their influence is primarily cultural. Kingdoms are generally expected to be the strongest political entities, followed by their largest components, Duchies, then down the line to Counties and individual Settlements (including Baronies). There is an event called a casus belli (literally a case of war, usually interpreted as a justification for war) that can happen with respect to any character with governing responsibility, which makes a war legal rather than a criminal act.

As a fairly high-ranking player, you owe yourself some additional knowledge about the basics of the game. You might begin by searching for casus belli, locating the design journals (DJs) where it's defined and discussed, and reading up on it. You might also look into tribe lore to find out which tribes like and dislike each other, and why. If you have not already read the game guide that is accessible through the home page, it's a good idea to start with that.