COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Promo Stocking Fillers Ideas

Hello My Fellow Elyrians

I making a list of Stocking Filler Promos (ok i a mum so this what i calling it) or small Promo packs if you prefer you can add to them if you like or pm me ideas if you want but here is what I have so far with help from Shar Seal and a few others

fishing Kit - rod tackle box ( hooks bait line) net and cray pot (maybe the recipe to make a new rod)

Pantry filler - skin of mead or small barrel , some dried meat or fish , wedge of cheese , bread and some vegies either dried of bottled (with or with recipe)

Trapping Kit - snares , cage , bait and lines to make more (maybe a book to know what to look for)

saplings Kit - a mix of saplings trees and fruit trees

Gardening kits?; perhaps can be further subdivided for themes; VeggiePatch, Herb Patch, Flowerbed, etc - Variety of Seed packets (seeds varieties depending on theme) - plant labels - gardening gloves - hoe - hand sickle and/or pruning shears? - watering can - bag of compost - A tree sapling (variety depending on theme.)

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

6/5/2018 10:41:06 AM #1

Great thread idea Medussa. So simple stuff they could put on the store?

• Egg laying fowl of some sort like an Elyrian chicken, could see a lot of people being interested in this for food purposes? (Or cute pets)

• A set of decorations for a house or cottage? Maybe with a rural and more urban version of each.

• Pet rabbits? People love pet rabbits, it's a fact.

6/5/2018 11:27:04 AM #2

House, Exterior kit. - Allows players to set a small fence around their plot of land. Window boxes for the plant growers. Grape arbors, chicken coups, rain flashings to collect runoff water into barrels.

House, Interior kit. - Allow players to Place small additions to the inside of a house to make it a home. A sleeping loft, a kitchen set up, a fireplace and mantel. Rugs for the floor, wall hangings, tapestries, banners and such. More elaborate furnishings and decorations to make a house our home.

Building additions. - Add a walkway between two buildings. add a Widow's peak or a watchtower to a home roof. A low wall on a rooftop for cover. Add external stairs to a building.

Outbuildings. - Barns, stable, holding corral for horses or livestock, grain silos, covered work areas. Stalls for inside a barn or stable areas.

Market stalls. - Sets of small merchant stalls for setting up shops for Market days, Caravan markets, Festival stands, city mass distribution stands.

Tent Cities. - Collections of varied sized tents used to temporarily house people or items. Set up to allow shelter from the weather til a short-term crisis passes.

Construction Kits, assorted. - Prepackaged sets of materials to allow for the construction of varied Buildings, vehicles or items.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0

6/5/2018 11:33:50 AM #3

Oh, I like the thought of this thread. So, my 2 cents:

1. Dye packs: Small satchels filled with 2-3 small dye bottles of different colors. Enough for a piece of clothing or two. Going this way, each pack itself could remain fairly cheap, and provide folks with the ability to buy as many different colors, or stock up on the few they really like.

2. Dice bags with dice & Cards (of a few different styles): With the possibility of tavern games, I could see folks eating up the possibility of picking up some unique dice or cards. Just imagine some bone dice, wood dice, or even metal dice. I'm getting all giddy just thinking about it.

I'm sure I could think of more, but these two things popped to mind right away.

Alt text - can be left blank

6/5/2018 12:11:44 PM #4

Posted By Medussa at

saplings Kit - a mix of saplings trees and fruit trees

Great idea Medussa.

Since I am very interested in having an orchard I personally think you need to flesh this one out some more. I have some suggestions.

Saplings- 20 Apple, 10 Pear, 10 Plum, 10 Apricot, 20 Chestnut, 10 Walnut, 10 Pecan, 10 Hazelnut. Vines- 20 grapes, 20 Hops, 10 Huneysuckle, 10 Wisteria. Equipment- Planting shovel, pruning shears, pruning saw, grafting knife. Mixed Seed- short meadow grass, legumes, brassicas, and forbes.

And if you want to top it off with an item that will push it right over the top... a bee hive with honey bees and a queen. That way everything gets pollinated properly.

Now that is an orchard I would want to buy! There are many other species combinations depending on biome. You can get really creative with that. I just picked what I know.

%5D(https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19014/naw-drakemoore)

6/5/2018 1:04:11 PM #5

Oooh I love the Fishing Kit idea! I'd totally buy that. Will go well with my Rowboat!

6/5/2018 1:45:36 PM #6

Love the idea of a topic to gather these suggestions. I'll see if I can come up with some new ones, but a tip right off the bat:

Vary package size and cost but, on the whole, keep them small and cheap.

The CoE community has a fair few members who can spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars. But for most people, even spending as 'little' as thirty is a big hurdle. Especially because we haven't really seen the game yet.

House, Interior kit. - Allow players to Place small additions to the inside of a house to make it a home. A sleeping loft, a kitchen set up, a fireplace and mantel. Rugs for the floor, wall hangings, tapestries, banners and such. More elaborate furnishings and decorations to make a house our home.

...and...

Saplings- 20 Apple, 10 Pear, 10 Plum, 10 Apricot, 20 Chestnut, 10 Walnut, 10 Pecan, 10 Hazelnut. Vines- 20 grapes, 20 Hops, 10 Huneysuckle, 10 Wisteria. Equipment- Planting shovel, pruning shears, pruning saw, grafting knife. Mixed Seed- short meadow grass, legumes, brassicas, and forbes.

I am not sure if these were intended as single packages or not, but if they were... Judging by the prices we've seen so far, these packages would cost $100 a piece, easy. For most players interested in backing development, that'd be way too much. So, how about this for an example:

1. Grand decoration pack: Features a [x] tapestries, [x] banners, and [x] statues. -- $50
  2. Medium [insert color] decoration: Features [y] tapestries and [y] banners of the given color, and [y] statues. -- $25
  3. Small [insert color] decoration pack: Features a single tapestry, a banner and a small statue. -- $10

The same is true for seed and seedling packages. An added concern for the seed & sapling packages is that it shouldn't be too easy to build a farm with a large variety of crops, so I'm not in favor of so much variety in any single pack.

6/5/2018 10:29:16 PM #7

Very true. Such large packs goes outside the idea of small "stocking stuffers" packs that are more easily affordable to the community at large and are really more grand large packs akin to the raiders pack or buying the farm pack that few can afford and has spurred the creation of this thread in the first place.

Posted By KearaLoar at 11:45 PM - Tue Jun 05 2018

The same is true for seed and seedling packages. An added concern for the seed & sapling packages is that it shouldn't be too easy to build a farm with a large variety of crops, so I'm not in favor of so much variety in any single pack.

Also, if the this particular package was broken down smaller, it would still be as usable for those with big budgets wanting to buy up their whole farm (if not more so), but it would also be usable for those with limited income who can only afford a few items at a time.

For instance lets say a "Sapling Pack" with 5 of X type plants (X being a particular type of plant with a description of preferred biomes OR a quality type which allows players to trade token for any type of plant available locally to them of equivalent quality - like how the mount tokens are said to work) + bag of fertilizer, and then another pack called "Orchard Care Kit" that comes with all the tools.

Broken up like that a player will be able to

1) pick 'n' mix the plants they want (because not every player is gonna want a pack as specific as that), and

2) build up that orchard/farm as little or as much as they want and/or can afford to.

Imgur Imgur

6/5/2018 11:59:17 PM #8

Kearaloar,

I’m sorry for the confusion. I should have been clearer in my post. My intent was not for my suggestion to be exclusively the entire thing all in one. I gave multiple suggestions as recommendations for each type of item that could be in a package. I personally would buy them all in one because I can, but I do not consider that necessary.

There should always be choice. You are completely right about available funds for many people.

My idea is that a pack of saplings, a tool, and seed should be in each one. That way you can pick what you like.

Lots of great ideas from everyone. I’m liking this thread.

6/6/2018 12:02:49 AM #9

Navigator pack:

1 sextant and 1 compass. Assuming that tech is available at launch. Maybe a star map and generic starting continent map as well?

Alt text - can be left blank

6/6/2018 2:17:30 AM #10

I think a holiday season event that has something for everyone from whales to minnows would go a long way to both help the team and also people who are hesitant to buy the high priced packs already being offered.

First I think that packs should scale from just buying single items as low as $1 on up from 5/10/25/50/100 mix and match packs. IE: if you want 5 different plant sapplings you can bundle them up into a custom pack or get 5 sapplings of 1 type or any combination you desire. That way you get exactly what you want no matter if you just want a couple of fruit trees or if you plan to run an orchard all bases are covered.

I think indoor and outdoor decor would be a nice touch too based on room catagories for both furnature and decor and offering different racial styles. Perhaps starting at a higher price point depending on the set. Likewise childrens furnature should be included.

Likewise buying basic clothing for the different races would be nice as well.

in addition to navagation items a star map or chart would be a nice addition, as would a mydarri sun stone or oil based signaling lanterns.

In addition to nautical items a fishing boat would be nice along with simple to complex river and lake based fish farm platforms or fishing net bundles. Or different fishing sets for different types of fishing setups from light-heavy freshand salt water fishing to harpoon setups for hunting aquatic predators suchs as aligators to turtles.

Tapestry packs with different lengths would be nice.

I think if there is a dye pack you should have to choose between primary colors so that you can create your own unique dyes.

Likewise offer flowers of different colors which could be ground down to create paint pigments for walls or art.

or oxides and enamels which can be used during the crafting process to create colors for armor or weapons.

Stocking stuffers to presents would go a long way.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

6/6/2018 7:37:09 AM #11

Contract kit:

Set of 3 standard quills, A high quality Pteroguin Quill,

A ream or roll of good paper,

Some contract templates,

A basic marriage and child contract (just fill in names),

A couple of stamps befitting your status (king/queen, duke/duchess-baron-mayor/ess,

Wax for seals,

A vial of lich blood for signing contracts that just won’t die,

a free introductory class in legal writing 101 at your local learning academy

6/6/2018 8:31:10 AM #12

Posted By Klorinth at 05:11 AM - Tue Jun 05 2018

Since I am very interested in having an orchard I personally think you need to flesh this one out some more. I have some suggestions.

Saplings- 20 Apple, 10 Pear, 10 Plum, 10 Apricot, 20 Chestnut, 10 Walnut, 10 Pecan, 10 Hazelnut.

That's a lot of trees! 100 to be exact. If they are full sized they will likely fill up an entire parcel, and maybe more.

You also left out peaches, cherries, and almonds. Just as well, because the list should definitely be customized to biome. Apples I know will not produce well in climates that are too warm.

With respect to vines, don't forget all the different kinds of berry vines, some of them quite thorny (all the better for planting in among the bordering hedges).

6/6/2018 12:16:24 PM #13

Poldano,

There are far too many species possibilities that SBS could include in game, not mention the Elyria unique species they may create. I just quickly listed a few off the top of my head. I could have gone into different biome but that just seemed excessive.

To be honest I would enjoy doing that. A list for each biome from tropics right up to Taiga.

6/6/2018 4:09:59 PM #14

Little wooden statuettes in the likeness of your loved ones. So you can pull them out to stare at when you're out gallivanting.

Maybe they give you a little buff so that you can break your bonds sooner, escape the bounty hunters grasp and flee back to them with haste.

Friend & Conquest Code: 6B3A23

6/11/2018 2:22:36 PM #15

How about a horse herd?

for £20 or so you can get a few horses.

One stallion and 3 mares to kickstart a breeding programme

Or a Horse care kit?

1x Grooming kit

1x feeding trough

1x stall

Small amount of Hay and straw for feed and bedding

price £15

Farrier kit