COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Do you want to get into exposition but don't have the funds?

Don't Fret! Just post in this thread your exposition plan and I'll give a a bloodline package to the plan I like the most.

I like original, well thought out and realistic plans!

Contact me on Discord - Varuian Maulvorn 🐎|⍲|#1062

This is for those who don't have bloodline packages so only those with below bloodline will count

6/8/2018 1:33:13 PM #1

I would like to get into exposition, I'm planning on making horse shoes. Now give me the package.

6/8/2018 1:34:09 PM #2

Thank you for doing a competion like this. Is there a deadline for this competition? My vision is below;

My plan for exposition would be to setup and create a dojo in the settlement i choose to start in. The size of the settlement would not really be that important, but something rural would suit me better because free flowing alcohol would be needed to do my dream vision.

The dojo would be combined with a tavern, that uses local brews because the style of fighting that we would teach is that of the drunken fist.

I love the concept of drunken fighting styles from old movies and TV, so i would like to bring it into the game. Even if it's not effective as a fighting style, I would roleplay that into my dojo and play as though it is a genuine form of combat that beats all.

I would prefer that it be a hand to hand combat style, but as we don't know what combat styles will be in CoE, i will leave that open, however beyond exposition I would like to have the dojo develop large enough to have many different weapon types as different forms of drunken combat.

Thinking about it, maybe just no blades, especially for the begineer students of the dojo.

The tavern part of the dojo might double up as a brewery, but either way this would be the part of the dojo that brings in money to support it.

Although the plan is to brew our own alcohol, I would look at setting up trade with nearby breweries as well, because different strength ales and spirits would be needed, depending on what level of training you have had.

You could also view my plan for exposition as "getting very drunk", but it is so much more than that!

6/8/2018 1:45:18 PM #3

No deadline just till I find a plan i love but I won't decide for about a week

6/8/2018 2:14:22 PM #4

Well I was thinking about a blacksmithing career. Whenever I played an Mmo I always found the depth of smithing lacking so in a game focused on a realistic medieval society, I'd love to set up a smith and explore to find rare materials for special weapons. Thank you of course for giving us all an opportunity

6/8/2018 2:43:33 PM #5

Posted By HighDunker at 3:14 PM - Fri Jun 08 2018

Well I was thinking about a blacksmithing career. Whenever I played an Mmo I always found the depth of smithing lacking so in a game focused on a realistic medieval society, I'd love to set up a smith and explore to find rare materials for special weapons. Thank you of course for giving us all an opportunity

No problem it's my pleasure

6/8/2018 3:23:42 PM #6

If I got into Expo I'd probably drop a few £'s myself on a little EP, enough for a couple of parcels. Set up a modest little homestead, a wee farm maybe more of a small holding.

But location would be key, I want to position myself off the beaten track but between two larger city from neighbouring kingdoms.

Then through sheer guile work out who needs or wants what and try to setup a trade route, if it pays then I may even be able to forge my own road.

Even if all I end up being is rest point between them hey I would have served a function.

Just checked the package and Bloodline comes with 100 EP so checking here I see I may only need another 100-200 EP. Happy days.

Friend & Conquest Code: 6B3A23

6/8/2018 4:26:19 PM #7

My plan for exposition would be to mess around with animal husbandry in some way or blacksmithing. I love the different kind of animals in CoE, from the otterbears, ursaphants, to the small conifer rats and Leffit. It would be cool to have some as pets. However I will need a trusty steed so I need a purebred horse! Not just anyone old one the finest in all the land, so I would have to breed them as well so I could match top speeds(Maybe horse racing in CoE if that is a thing?)

Another thing I would like to do is possibly be a bit religious in game, I have not looked at the religions too much but my two favourite tribes are Hrothi and Neran so I think that would be the Virtori religion, so if I got expo I could focus on that a bit if I so choose, maybe become a priest to spread the gospel of the Virtori religion? I am still not entirely sure but I do know I enjoy role-play and I recall religion being a major part of this game so it is not something I would wanna ignore.

Bloodline does come with some EP so with that I could buy a parcel of a land and start building up in Exposition, if I become a blacksmith I could make a blacksmithing shop, or animal husbandry a farm of some sorts/reserve. I would also get the ability to choose my surname! That would be cool to build up my legacy in Expo and make my self known since it is permanent! There are so many possibilities and so many ideas running through my head. These are just a few that I have thought of!

Cheers!

6/8/2018 4:56:41 PM #8

I would like to plot the demise of rulers and bring down entire civilizations. From the ashes of our destruction will rise a superior body of unified players.

To make the game truly unique and stand on its own, all the preconceived notions of how we should rule and play the game must be destroyed.

The obliteration of safe, peace of mind concepts will allow for an ever diverse and exhilarating experience.

We will learn to live in a raw, adventurous style. Those who understand and embrace this will climb the ladder of chaos to unimagines heights.

6/8/2018 5:13:30 PM #9

I prefer to adventure and make treasure maps of rare finds. I do want to have some land for crops, mostly leisurely crops. Tobacco, strawberries, ect. I would like to tame creatures in the wild and domesticate them for breeding stronger versions for players to use. Most likely I would do the taming and find fellow breeders to take my tames for breeding. Jack of many trades, but not all.

I don't plan on playing the dance of dynasties, well if it let's me keep out of it. If in it I'm dragged in because I become a famous war hero or some story arc than sure why not.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

6/8/2018 6:08:29 PM #10

Hello,

my name is Witwenmacher and I am the evil guy in this game. The meaning of "Witwenmacher" is widow maker.

I show no restraint. Whether it's extortion of protection money or kidnapping, I am the person of your choice.

In Elyria I want to play a bully or robber who keeps the local baron in check.

I would be happy if I could start my mischief in the exposition.

6/8/2018 6:28:40 PM #11

I plan to Start my own Blacksmithing business, supply the armies of the kingdom and to those who wish to try to find fame, glory and riches. Once i become a successful business owner im gonna expand into the mining business, own a few mines to supply my forges and sell the iron and whatnot, once i control the iron mins of the nation, ill be expanding into other resources such as coal, copper and maybe even jewels. Of course ill drop in a bit of EP to set up my own little home and house bodyguards.

6/8/2018 6:40:43 PM #12

Hey Maulvorn! Thanks for the competition. We are all grateful that this kind of contest is a thing here in the community!

So, I have 3 ideas for my character's profession. They are, in short: Military Strategist, Horse Breeder and Diplomat. My character will be executing 2 of these, Strategist + Breeder or Diplomat + Breeder. First of all, I am studying International Relations and Politics in University (current on hold due to military service), therefore I would love to serve as a diplomat/consultant or any other governmental entity. Apart from doing politics, and helping the local government in any way I can, I plan on running a horse-breeding establishment alongside my official duties. Should there be enough space in my lands I would also supply breweries/brewmasters with barley and wheat for example. I'd have NPCs run the farm of course, as I reckon it would be to much to do for a single character.

Now, if I consider being a diplomat is not worth it, my second choice is to serve in the military. - I like to focus my studies in the Ancient Rome's military , as this topic fascinates me. - I would serve as a tactician (maybe even become a commander one day, would be nice). In that case, I would dedicate my lands to create some sort of Campus Martius , a place where I could train and exercise troops, as well as provide accomodation for them, If there is no other avaiable.

Cheers

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

6/8/2018 7:47:29 PM #13

Thank you for the opportunity to make it into the Exposition, Maulvorn. Now, to what I shall hopefully be doing during the Exposition:

So both my sister and I will be playing this game together, and some other friends have expressed interest in joining our group when we first start. Since Exposition is a way to get started, my sister and I would work on building the areas we want to work in together. I would focus on hers first while she is online (I'm online a bit more than her usually), and she wants to be a blacksmith for the community I pick. So, first thing I would start on doing is working on building up a blacksmithy with her when she is online. When I am on my own, I want to help out the count or duke I am with to build a stronger relation with them. Also, I am in law school, so I figure I would take part in writing contracts between players and NPCs. Once more on that system comes out I can know what all I am able to implement into the contracts. I also want to build and operate a saloon-style inn/gambling hall that I will continually expand as I gather money and resources.

I am going to be moving to Dallas soon, and I want to see what kind of pings I get in that area in regards to the East and West servers. Thanks again for taking the time to read through this, and the efforts to help others gain access to the Exposition!

6/8/2018 8:53:38 PM #14

At this point, I am not 100% sure of what I want to do. On that note, however, I do have a plan or two for the future.

My first plan is a merchant-type route. This involves owning an auction house available for use by anyone. I would prefer to build said auction house in a larger city or capital that has a lot of foot traffic and tourists, as this would allow for more people to pass through and see the array of items, as well as pawn off their own things while they are in town. This would be done through a series of contracts, so my character would probably be a type of merchant/scribe in order to properly prepare the contracts. The contracts I propose would allow people to either (1.) leave behind proposed items for sale in a secured location along with the details of their proposed sale, which would then allow the item to be put up for sale for bidding purposes for the agreed amount of time. Upon the end of the auction, the person would come to receive either the money due to them, or the item had it not been sold. (2.) Would involve the person creating a contract that involves information on the proposed item for sale, would let the seller keep the item until the bidding has ended, and would allow them to sell it directly to the buyer rather than through the auction house. Either way, a small fee would be present in order to make money and keep the auction house going, with the larger fee for when the auction house stores the item. I feel that this would be a convenient service for those looking to sell their items while they are in town and would like to receive a more fair price than what a shopkeeper might give to them in return, and I could profit from it a bit by helping them out.

Should the auction house become popular enough, I would also like to have live auctions for groups of high priced items that nobility or the upper class would be invited to attend. This would be an opportunity for well-known craftsmen to sell their famous wares or for adventurers with rare items to display them in front of an audience prepared to pay.

A secondary plan that assumes I do not have sufficient property and funds to start my business would involve being a soldier in a location that experiences a lot of skirmishes or wartime. Although a lot can go wrong with being in combat, this is a fast way to be able to establish my character and its line, which would then allow me to work on my private business plans to make money in the background, while still allowing me to explore the world a bit and experience the harsher nature of the game.

6/8/2018 9:00:18 PM #15

Awesome idea, Maulvorn! Not only that you're offering a chance to participate in exposition to those who don’t have the funds but also that you're addressing not-yet-backers in a polite and generous way! (I remember a few months ago there has been quite some discussion about non-backer-bashing and this is a great way to show that non-backers with ambitions are welcome and accepted in the community!)

About my plans: I personally am careful about planning specifics that haven’t been announced/shown yet. But I’d like to run a tavern at a strategic point somewhere between cities of even at the border of two (or more :O) baronies. Maybe even on a river so that boats can land there. Thus I hope the tavern will be visited by traders, travellers, explorers and maybe soldiers on their journeys between the cities and in the wilderness. Also I’d want the tavern to be independent to produce its own food, maybe cattle etc. so that I have the chance to provide not only shelter but also food for adventurers - if affordable even for free, at least for citizens of the same barony! Just because the tavern is outside the city it doesn’t mean I want to be an outsider but rather I’d love to create a cosy meeting place for different citizens who maybe wouldn’t meet otherwise. In the end taverns are the places where adventures start and friendships are being forged! And who knows, maybe there will be a secret hidden guild of some sort in the basement…? :)