COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
New to the Server

Hi everyone! I've become more and more interested in getting myself involved in the RP community, but am still unsure on how to really get into it. I'm definitely interested in the RP aspect, and I like the idea of learning a craft and possibly communicating with enough people and upping my reputation enough to marry into a family / have children. Just trying to live out my life vicariously through this medieval-like character lmao ... Do I just make up a character with a backstory and enter forums as them? (I'm new at this if you couldn't tell)

I plan on buying the cheapest pledge pack as of right now (broke college student). I'm not sure exactly how much playtime I can devote because I'm in nursing school, but it will definitely be a solid amount, especially if I'm involved in a community.

I'm not 100% sure what tribe I'd like to be yet - I'm between Neran, Waerd, and Mydarri (but I'm open to whatever, depending on where I end up). All of those tribes seem to learn skills/crafts quickly which I think I'd prioritize.

Any advice on how to insert myself into a kingdom, community, etc. or direction to somewhere specific would be greatly appreciated!

6/12/2018 2:05:51 AM #1

glad to have you joining in (:

there's a ton of rp'ers here, and i imagine some will come to this thread and introduce themselves or offer you a visit to their community. maybe even before i submit this post, haha.

edit: caspian said, "A bit later this year we'll be rolling out Character Personas. Character Personas is a feature of the website that allows players to interact with one another as actual characters in Elyria. Players will be able to interact in the forums and in other events as their historic ancestors. But why would you want to be able to interact as a character instead of a player? Well, the unique nature of CoE is to separate the players from the characters. Things like guilds, schools, domains, and settlements are really systems related to characters, not players. So, with Character Personas live, we can finally set up pages on the website so players can advertise and recruit for their domains, settlements, and organizations as their characters!"

source (under the header 'website updates':) https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/23401/A-Year-of-Foundation

character personas hasn't released yet, and i don't know if an eta has been publicized. ..something to consider anyway. other than that, i don't know the normal forum rp decorum because i don't engage with it. i'm sure others will have an answer.

archer, tamer, survivalist, monster hunter, protector of the weak || duchy of aravier, kingdom of alésia, « næ

6/12/2018 3:11:28 AM #2

Welcome.

I'd like to roleplay as well, but I'm waiting for a bit more info on the area where i'll settle.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX