COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
It's Sedecim Time!

Hear ye, Hear Ye!

To our esteemed Nobility and Aristocracy, our honored Gentry, Craftsmen and common folk, welcome to the Sedecim & Fair!

The Sedecim and Fair

Every 16 years (in game), a Sedecim takes place, where the nobility, aristocracy, gentry, and best craftsman of a continent all get together. They hash out the land boundaries and trade agreements, arrange marriages, and purchase and sample each others best wares. Weddings and festivities are held, and there's temporary booths set up so merchants can show off their goods.

Furthermore, each Sedecim is hosted by a different Kingdom and Duchy, with a bid being submitted by each of the interested Royals and Courtiers at the preceding Sedecim. Having the nobles, craftsman, and tourists within your Duchy and County, even for a real-life week, can result in a dramatic increase in wealth and production. That being said, while festivities, food, and drink are a major part of the Sedecim, ballroom dancing isn't the only dancing that will be done. There's always a different Dance being played.

To immerse you in the experience that is the Sedicim, make sure you first learn of the origins of this important event in the post below.

Origin of the Sedecim

To truly understand the premise and origins of this event, make sure you read this post.

New store items!

Since we're in a festive and collaborative mood, we decided it would be helpful to provide you with store items that match the theme of this all important affair.

With that, we present the Sedecim and Fair limited promotion!

Note: These items will be available in the store from 6/14 through 6/29 at noon Pacific time.

Livestock Starter

Every farm starts somewhere. Usually, it's with livestock like this.

It's the plan of many a wayward wanderer to settle down and start a farm with a sheep and a pig and some chickens, and maybe even some purebread horses. This kit won't help you with the horses, but the rest of that plan can be yours, today.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Standard-quality items from a vendor in-game:

• 2 Pigs
  • 2 Sheep
  • 2 Chickens

About Livestock Starter:

• You can send this bundle to another player once in your inventory
  • There is no limit to how many of these you can purchase
  • Package contents can be claimed once in game

Prize Livestock

For the more discerning farmer, only the best livestock will do!

Sure, some simple wanderer might be all right settling into a farm with common animals and middling crops, but you're no simple wanderer weary from the road. You're a mann of distinction and only the best livestock will do. Prize livestock are healthier, bigger, and offer higher yields than their common counterparts.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Artisan-quality items from a vendor in-game:

• 2 Artisan Pigs
  • 2 Artisan Sheep
  • 2 Artisan Chickens

About Prize Livestock:

• There is a limit of 1 purchase per account for this bundle
  • You can own more than 1 of these, but you can never purchase more than 1 per account

Seed Stacks

Why buy produce at market when you can grow your own?

You scoff at "farms" that grow nothing but grass for their livestock. You're no simple farmer; you're a mann of the soil, with dirt in your blood and a pair of green thumbs! For you, farming is raising crops, turning the soil, and producing a legendary bounty. The seeds and tools in this kit are just what you need.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Standard-quality items from a vendor in-game:

• A pouch of 200 Maize Seeds
  • A pouch of 100 Potato Seeds
  • A pouch of 300 Carrot Seeds
  • A pouch of 400 Green Bean Seeds
  • 1 Scythe
  • 1 Pitchfork
  • 1 Shovel
  • 1 Wheelbarrow

About Seed Stacks:

Textile Farm Kit

Everyone needs cloth; surely there's an opportunity in that fact...

There's one product that's never going out of style: cloth. Whether you're making clothing, blankets, flags, banners, or even paper, there will always be a need for textiles. Let the simple farmers raise the livestock and grow the food, you'll see to the more sophisticated needs of mann.

• A pouch of 200 Flax Seeds
  • A pouch of 200 Cotton Seeds
  • 1 Sickle
  • 1 Pitchfork
  • 2 Spools of string
  • 1 Scissors

About Textile Farm Kit:

Beer Party

A festival with no beer hall is like a sword without an edge.

Ask a noble and they'll tell you that the royals' moot is the heart of the Sedecim; that treaties and what-not are most important. Ask literally anyone else where the heart of the Sedecim can be found and they'll point you to the nearest beer hall, where the real business is done to the songs of the minstrels and the clinking of ale mugs.

• 1 Marquee Tent
  • 4 Rectangular Tables
  • 16 Chairs
  • 4 Kegs
  • 4 Sets of Tableware, including mugs
  • 1 Wagon

About Beer Party:

Minstrel's Gear

Nothing defuses a tense political moment like levity and joy!

Even in its earliest days, the Sedecim has always welcomed minstrels. They remind even the haughtiest noble of the value of good times, defuse tense situations with humor, and provide an atmosphere of welcoming joy that facilitates peaceful negotiation.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Standard-quality items from a vendor in-game

• A Minstrel's Outfit (colorful vest & hat)
  • A Minstrel Horse's Caparison
  • 1 Lute
  • 1 Tabor Drum
  • 1 Ocarina

About Minstrel's Gear:

Note: These items will be available in the store from 6/14 through 6/29 at noon Pacific time

If you have any questions about this event, please reply to this thread.

This important event will only be around for 2 weeks!

The Sedecim & Fair is over on June 29th, 2018 at 12pm Pacific time, so make sure you order your wares before they leave the store!

Plan for your future, stock your settlement, be prepared to cultivate the world of Elyria!

As always more to come.

FAQ

(Added 6/15/18) Thanks to Snipehunter for the answers, and Xeyska for organizing them.

Q. Are the animals breeding pairs as in male/female pair? Are they random?

A. Serpentius: Animal gender is chosen in game at the vendor.

Q. About the seed pouch, is a pouch what it takes to plant a full parcel of land?

A. Snipehunter: Each pouch in the promotion is enough to plant a parcel of land, for sure. That said, each seed is not a guarantee that each will turn into a plant or that that plant will survive. That's more about conditions and what you do as it grows.

Q. Will the animals need specific "housing"? A chicken coop for the chicken, a sheepfold for the sheep and pigsty for the pig? If so how many animals can those buildings house?

A. Snipehunter: Short answer to the first part of these questions: Yes, they will require protection from the elements. That said, if conditions are right, your animals may be fine in a simple paddock or pasture. It's not a mechanical requirement that a chick have a coop so much as it is a requirement that said chicken have a place to roost and not suffer due to exposure.

Q. A follow-up question, for the sheep, do they need a pasture and if so how many sheep can a parcel of land sustain?

A. Snipehunter: All of your animals are going to require proper care and nutrition, which really means that, yes, your sheep are going to need a pasture. I don't exactly know for certain how many a parcel of land will support on its own. IRL it depends on how much hay your parcel of land can grow which means an acre can range from supporting 1 to 5 or 6 sheep, but we'll probably allow for more sheep in a parcel than real-life conditions would allow, I just don't know by how much, yet.

Q. Are the seeds, going to be predominantly for the milder 'Neran' climates, or will they be possible to use in the colder climate straight "out of the box" so to speak? (ie. Receiving seeds that are more resistant to the cold than what someone else might receive.)

A. Snipehunter: The basic answer is "no" -- these are exactly as advertised. That said, you will have to claim these with a local vendor, meaning you're very likely to get the local strain of said seeds, which will probably be more suited to the biome you're in than seeds found in another biome. That's not the same as a guarantee though; A plant can require conditions that just don't exist in a specific biome and it could be that no amount of cultivation and crossbreeding will change that. (Part of the reason you have both cotton and flax here instead of one or the other, is that flax grows under a wider range of conditions than cotton does, for example.)

Though to be clear, most of this stuff will grow outside of Neran climates, though sometimes you'll have to make a little extra effort. It's harder to grow maize in colder climates, for example, but not impossible.

Q. If we want these [items], do we have to buy them now with money or will we be able to get this kind of stuff with EP during Exposition?

A. Snipehunter: Livestock and seeds you will be able to acquire with EP for sure. There will be a minstrel profession kit as well. However, there are a couple of things to consider:

• Resources purchased in exposition need to be used in exposition. You can't stockpile seeds purchased during exposition with the intent of using them at launch. Likewise, your livestock will age during expo and likely die before game launch (but you can use exposition to breed them, in all fairness). On the other hand, items you buy in a promotion can be redeemed after the game launches.
  • The profession kits will include different things than these promo items. There is no minstrel profession kit planned in the EP store that includes three instruments, for example.

Q. How many place settings are in each set in the Beer Party?

A. Serpentius Each "Set" of 4 in the Beer Party have 4 place settings, for a total of 16.

Q. Are the kegs full, and with what?

A. Snipehunter: Yes, of Ale. They are also reusable.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

6/14/2018 11:02:37 PM #1

Amazing! I love the minstrel's gear.

6/14/2018 11:04:28 PM #2

Neat stuff. Will the instruments be playable? (As in, something like LOTRO where you can upload your ABC or MIDI or whatever file and play a song on said lute/drum/ocarina!)

6/14/2018 11:41:34 PM #3

Will the kegs in the Beer Party package contain anything in them or the kegs empty?

6/14/2018 11:42:40 PM #4

Will there be more ways to be a farmer than the presented possibilities? What about fruit trees or berry bushes?

In my opinion the mentioned seeds are for nerans mostly? ://

6/15/2018 12:17:26 AM #5

About the seed pouch, is a pouch what it takes to plant a full parcel of land ?

6/15/2018 12:22:38 AM #6

will the animals need specific "housing" ?

a chicken coop for the chicken, a sheepfold for the sheep and pigsty for the pig ?

if so how many animals can those buildings house ?

a followup question, for the sheep, do they need a pasture and if so how many sheep can a parcel of land sustain ?

6/15/2018 12:54:34 AM #7

Posted By markof at 5:17 PM - Thu Jun 14 2018

About the seed pouch, is a pouch what it takes to plant a full parcel of land ?

Each pouch in the promotion is enough to plant a parcel of land, for sure. That said, each seed is not a guarantee that each will turn into a plant or that that plant will survive. That's more about conditions and what you do as it grows.

will the animals need specific "housing" ?

a chicken coop for the chicken, a sheepfold for the sheep and pigsty for the pig ?

if so how many animals can those buildings house ?

Short answer to the first part of these questions: Yes, they will require protection from the elements. That said, if conditions are right, your animals may be fine in a simple paddock or pasture. It's not a mechanical requirement that a chick have a coop so much as it is a requirement that said chicken have a place to roost and not suffer due to exposure.

a followup question, for the sheep, do they need a pasture and if so how many sheep can a parcel of land sustain ?

All of your animals are going to require proper care and nutrition, which really means that, yes, your sheep are going to need a pasture. I don't exactly know for certain how many a parcel of land will support on its own. IRL it depends on how much hay your parcel of land can grow which means an acre can range from supporting 1 to 5 or 6 sheep, but we'll probably allow for more sheep in a parcel than real-life conditions would allow, I just don't know by how much, yet.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
6/15/2018 12:58:52 AM #8

Wheelbarrow races for the win

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

6/15/2018 1:13:49 AM #9

Will the promotional seeds / textiles be growable in all biomes (or will there be biome appropriate equivalents)?

Friend Code: D73035

Mayor NA-E

6/15/2018 1:21:18 AM #10

Thank you Snipehunter that helps a lot.

6/15/2018 2:32:26 AM #11

I am surprised there was no wheat for straw .I have read that wheat goes back to 70,000bc to eat and people started farming wheat about 12,000 BC

6/15/2018 2:35:41 AM #12

If i take out a second mortgage on my house to cover my CoE spending, does the wife get half the debt in the ensuing divorce?

6/15/2018 2:53:58 AM #13

Ready to get pissed for sure.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

6/15/2018 2:59:32 AM #14

Are the seeds, going to be predominantly for the milder 'Neran' climates, or will they be possible to use in the colder climate straight "out of the box" so to speak? (ie. Receiving seeds that are more resistant to the cold than what someone else might receive.)

I'm a little hesitant about getting the seeds along with the farm animals I'll be having, as I don't really want to buy them only to find out they're fairly pointless for me to try grow in the Brudvir's colder climate.

I really don't want my animals to starve nearly immediately, after all.

6/15/2018 3:17:10 AM #15

Posted By Dreamar at 7:59 PM - Thu Jun 14 2018

Are the seeds, going to be predominantly for the milder 'Neran' climates, or will they be possible to use in the colder climate straight "out of the box" so to speak? (ie. Receiving seeds that are more resistant to the cold than what someone else might receive.)

I'm a little hesitant about getting the seeds along with the farm animals I'll be having, as I don't really want to buy them only to find out they're fairly pointless for me to try grow in the Brudvir's colder climate.

I really don't want my animals to starve nearly immediately, after all.

The basic answer is "no" -- these are exactly as advertised. That said, you will have to claim these with a local vendor, meaning you're very likely to get the local strain of said seeds, which will probably be more suited to the biome you're in than seeds found in another biome. That's not the same as a guarantee though; A plant can require conditions that just don't exist in a specific biome and it could be that no amount of cultivation and crossbreeding will change that. (Part of the reason you have both cotton and flax here instead of one or the other, is that flax grows under a wider range of conditions than cotton does, for example.)

Edit: Though to be clear, most of this stuff will grow outside of Neran climates, though sometimes you'll have to make a little extra effort. It's harder to grow maize in colder climates, for example, but not impossible.

Posted By Lorgaff at 7:32 PM - Thu Jun 14 2018

I am surprised there was no wheat for straw .I have read that wheat goes back to 70,000bc to eat and people started farming wheat about 12,000 BC

Oh wheat exists, it's just not a part of these packs.

Edit: Hope that helps! ;)

• Snipehunter