COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
NA-W Janoa/To'resk Kingdom?

Are there any portions of the kingdoms on Angelica wanting to choose the southernmost kingdom with the to'resk and janoa.

I am very much aware that no one in any kingdom can say with any certainty which kingdom they'll get but I would like to know if you had the choice would you want your kingdom to get the Janoa/To'resk kingdom?

One kingdom eill end up with this kingdom anyways wether they want it or not though.

I am also aware that map voting and domaim selection are "soon" even though that word has been corupted by the devs to the point where it has last all meaning in the community and has just become a running gag...

Oh and I am aware the southermost kingdom wont just be to'resk and janoa, but that will be the majority of its population.

6/25/2018 3:14:00 AM #1

I think I heard that the Janoa tribe was #2 on Riftwood's list. But whether that's still true now or will be true in a month or can be true come domain selection ... well you know the drill.

6/25/2018 4:29:52 AM #2

Posted By Hieronymus at 10:14 PM - Sun Jun 24 2018

I think I heard that the Janoa tribe was #2 on Riftwood's list. But whether that's still true now or will be true in a month or can be true come domain selection ... well you know the drill.

There could be interest among Riftwood for the Janoa, but it shouldn't be relied on. I believe as previous statement(s) said, they didn't "confirm" on any selection and will see what is available in Domain & Settlement Selection.

It's why I recommend waiting out to see what Kingdoms will be selecting later on, MusaKn. Though if I had the luxury to choose, the To'resk would be one of my picks. Their culture and biome has a certain appeal to it, but the lack of a education system in turns of organizations is a minor sticking point but it could be potentially worked on.

6/25/2018 5:22:13 AM #3

I will be choosing To'resk/Janoa no matter what Kingdom ends up there. I love those tribes the most. I will also be on Angelica [NA-W]. I look forward to finding out who my future Kingdom will be.

6/25/2018 7:17:32 AM #4

Posted By Tadakatsu at 10:22 PM - Sun Jun 24 2018

I will be choosing To'resk/Janoa no matter what Kingdom ends up there. I love those tribes the most. I will also be on Angelica [NA-W]. I look forward to finding out who my future Kingdom will be.

Nice to see someone of like mind.

6/25/2018 7:21:48 AM #5

So Riftwood is most interested in Janoa? I wouldn't have guessed.

6/25/2018 1:03:51 PM #6

I wouldn't have guessed either but mostly because of where they started out initially. They've evolved, but then who hasn't? And things are still going to change. The more time you spend around here, the more you learn about the game and people's interests, the more you adjust. At least an active community does.

There's an important footnote to this conversation though. It was confirmed that in KoE, players can introduce tribes into a different region, but you'll have to physically travel from their starting location to your desired location. That means moving them out of their natural biome, so whatever adaptations that tribe has will presumably be negated by moving into a different biome.

6/25/2018 2:29:53 PM #7

Posted By Hieronymus at 07:03 AM - Mon Jun 25 2018

I wouldn't have guessed either but mostly because of where they started out initially. They've evolved, but then who hasn't? And things are still going to change. The more time you spend around here, the more you learn about the game and people's interests, the more you adjust. At least an active community does.

There's an important footnote to this conversation though. It was confirmed that in KoE, players can introduce tribes into a different region, but you'll have to physically travel from their starting location to your desired location. That means moving them out of their natural biome, so whatever adaptations that tribe has will presumably be negated by moving into a different biome.

I thought it took several generations or crossbreeding with a different genetically different strain of people to lose genetic adaptations.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

6/25/2018 2:52:26 PM #8

Posted By Dariusacmar at 09:29 AM - Mon Jun 25 2018

I thought it took several generations or crossbreeding with a different genetically different strain of people to lose genetic adaptations.

I wasn't talking about the genetics but the application. Eg: You have webbed feet that give you a natural advantage in a marshy/watery environment. You move to a lovely dry spot in a semi-arid desert with terrific sunset views. That adaptation becomes meaningless at best, or a hindrance within your new biome at worst.

6/25/2018 3:36:35 PM #9

Gotcha. Yeah, that could be a problem. I know I certainly wouldn't choose Brudvir and then move to a tropical where I'd suffer from the heat. IMO, just make sure you are aware of those possible weaknesses, so you don't shoot yourself in the foot from the get go.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

6/25/2018 7:19:33 PM #10

I'm a governor grouped up with a count and some gentry who all want to be To'Resk. We are eagerly awaiting the time when we can commit to a Kingdom and build those critical relationships.

NA-W, Governor of Ogralyn

6/25/2018 9:27:17 PM #11

Posted By silentechoes13 at 12:19 PM - Mon Jun 25 2018

I'm a governor grouped up with a count and some gentry who all want to be To'Resk. We are eagerly awaiting the time when we can commit to a Kingdom and build those critical relationships.

Is your group playing on the west?

6/26/2018 12:00:00 AM #12

Posted By MusaKn at 2:27 PM - Mon Jun 25 2018

Posted By silentechoes13 at 12:19 PM - Mon Jun 25 2018

Is your group playing on the west?

Yes we are! Message me if you want to talk more about it :)

NA-W, Governor of Ogralyn