COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
BBC Q&A Thu July 5th! ALL Welcome

link for our TWITCH CHANNEL

7/5/2018 12:38:29 AM #1

What is the story behind the foundation of your kingdom, in-universe and out?

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

7/5/2018 2:01:05 AM #2

Posted By Sir Zyr at 8:38 PM - Wed Jul 04 2018

You're in for a real treat :)

Alt text - can be left blank

7/5/2018 2:19:09 AM #3

As always you guys can ask me any general art related questions about creating game characters, environments, or concepts ect in addition or related to CoE :) see you guys there!

7/5/2018 1:23:56 PM #4

Is it safe to eat the muffins in-game?

7/5/2018 2:31:24 PM #5

I'm happy to answer just about anything I can, but I would love questions on lore, Tribes, creative process, writing, or anything like that! :)

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

7/5/2018 4:17:00 PM #6

Got to say I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone asks and your responses.

The Twin Counties of Rogalin & Dalmor

7/5/2018 5:16:38 PM #7

When and if we are called up to support the war efforts will we have colours that will distinguish us on the battlefield? It could get a little confusing if everyone is in their town/ Baroney County or Dutchie colours.

7/5/2018 7:52:11 PM #8

I am oozing with excitement to watch

7/5/2018 8:28:23 PM #9

Here are some of my questions:

1. In relation to tribes and game mechanics, how do you feel that the developers will be designing tribes in terms of combat? Base stats aside, several of the tribes have differences in sizes and body parts. Do you think hit boxes will be standardized across all tribes or will the smaller tribes be harder to hit, the tribe with the longer torsos have a larger reach, etc?

2. I believe I read somewhere that death in water was instant permadeath, if that is the case, do you think that will dissuade those who wanted to roleplay out the pirate/raider life?

3. Given that resources are finite, if a kingdom runs our of natural sources of iron to make steel, do you believe that other kingdoms will barter resources or take that as an advantage to wipe out rivals seeing as they would have no/limited means to defend themselves thereafter?

4. Playing off the question above, given the idea that resources are limited, once a resource runs out, do you believe that it will stay gone forever or do you think the developers will randomly insert more in the world to keep the economy going? I would think that once a resource is depleted in a world that world (server) now has a countdown time until being shutdown as the game cannot continue once all weapons are destroyed.

7/5/2018 8:35:30 PM #10

Posted By Sir Zyr at 5:38 PM - Wed Jul 04 2018

We did a spotlight on the Kingdom of Bordweall here if you want to read up on it!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

7/5/2018 9:08:57 PM #11

While some of the images released for CoE have a fairly typical lowish fantasy 'look' - the buildings, the boats etc. - the characters' look and feel strikes me as being of a much lower level of development - iron age at best. Perhaps it is just the word "tribe" or that they are shown wearing untailored animal skins etc.

As players, do you foresee playing characters and their societies as;-

A.) Western mediaeval/fantasy (eg Robin hood, Grimms fairy tales, Warhammer Fantasy RPG)

B.) Members of ancient civilisations (Rome and Greece et al, Maya/Inca, ancient China, Runequest RPG)

C.) Pre-urban tribal groups (like pre-colonial native americans and africans, celts, pre-christian near east)

7/5/2018 9:33:49 PM #12

What do you feel about people that will play CoE as if it was a single-player game?

What I mean is, people that are still interacting with everyone, but more as if everyone was NPC and not using external programs like TS or Discord, just acting and not discussing what they do with other players, as you'd do in most single player games. Maybe depending on if they live in a town or are lone wolves that live in a shack far away from civilisation. How do you feel they will fit in the game?

Friend Code: 30EF47

7/5/2018 9:58:50 PM #13

Nos - were you really prepared for this q&a? nope not at all.

7/5/2018 10:47:20 PM #14

Have a few questions:

1) how would you react to the presence of a mage and if a Kingdome member became a mage what would you do?

2) How trustworthy do you think npc's will actually be?

7/5/2018 11:08:47 PM #15

How would you respond to the discovery of non-mann intelligent creatures?