COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Verisimilitude is Greater Than Veracity Video Explanation

As part of our BBC livestream last night, I created a brief video as to how I understand "verisimilitude is greater than veracity" and with the feedback it received, thought I'd share it as a short (less than 3 minute) stand alone clip that might be of interest to some within the CoE community.

Note that this is my take on the phrase, and not the studio's

Just click on the image below to start the video!

7/20/2018 2:29:20 PM #1

Pure gold!

7/20/2018 3:10:01 PM #2

Good clip, Dleatherus. I could also listen to you narrate just about anything. :D

7/21/2018 2:49:02 PM #3

Posted By Sylvae at 08:10 AM - Fri Jul 20 2018

Good clip, Dleatherus. I could also listen to you narrate just about anything. :D

i appreciate the compliment

ty!

7/21/2018 3:53:57 PM #4

Great video. I think a lot of communities need this insight reminded to them, to keep there "hype" or expectations levels grounded...

Unfortunately, no matter how much you voice this veracity, there will be fallout when things release...

You think the fallout and controversy discussions of just one photo release of a shield is something, just wait when people's realities of full game release mechanics come and burst there overly hyped bubbles.

I think managing this aspect of game development is in many ways harder then making the game itself..

7/21/2018 5:53:54 PM #5

Something this video has made me wonder is...

What the hell do we do during those seven minutes of sleep?

Does the screen just go black while we get up for a bathroom/drink break?

Maybe we can enter some sort of dream state? Maybe we get to watch what our characters are dreaming about. Maybe we can even learn to lucid dream! That would be neat.

Whatever form this sleep state takes, I'm eagerly waiting to see.

8/9/2018 5:14:04 PM #6

Posted By TheCheshireDragon at 10:53 AM - Sat Jul 21 2018

Maybe we can enter some sort of dream state? Maybe we get to watch what our characters are dreaming about. Maybe we can even learn to lucid dream! That would be neat.

I hope it's not like Kingdom Come Deliverance where you watch the screen and wait for the night cycle to roll over to day. I hope you can go into menus and see your daily planner or journal and think about your next move. The devs mentioned you'll be able to hear your surroundings when you're asleep, so I'd like to be able to write scripts or do menu things while I'm sleeping. If i hear noises I'll wake up.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

8/9/2018 5:20:14 PM #7

Posted By TheCheshireDragon at 1:53 PM - Sat Jul 21 2018

I know what I'll be doing. I'll be getting up to stretch my legs, grab a drink and/or a snack, and other misc RL stuff lol. No doubt I'll be playing CoE pretty hard when it comes out, and that 7 minutes of respite will be needed! Lol.

On the topic of the video, it was a great explanation! I hope it helps people understand what SbS means when they mention it.