COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Roleplay Friendly

Greetings,

Myself and another are seeking a kingdom, duchy, and county that is very RP friendly and supportive. I am pledged at the Magistrate level and he is pledged at Mayor level, our intent is for him to give me his title, thus increasing the size of our settlement.

We would like to find a kingdom that is not only RP friendly but supports RP in general. As this is essentially going to be an RP game, I find it hard to believe how many view RP.

Anyway don't want to make this a long post, if you know of, or lead such an area, please let me know. We are still a small community, about 6, but we are fun.

7/21/2018 9:00:23 PM #1

Hi, Stelaphina.

Kingdoms are very large and contain groups that are into RP, and groups that aren't. It would be a good idea to visit the kingdom discords, get to know the dukes, duchesses, counts and countesses and their people. See where you fit in and who you click with. you'll find people who love RP in any kingdom.

If you're going NA-W server, may I suggest visiting Atravia Riftwood? There are those who are into RP in my duchy, for instance, it is important to us and very much supported and encouraged.

7/21/2018 9:11:58 PM #2

Many kingdoms have RP divisions. Feel free to check our discord and ask around. I know there are some nobles who do that. I personally am not good at it but I'm gonna try to RP an Swamp people county with a church of it's own. I don't know if a double count has time for that, but I will try. Definitely will do that in my head, but I guess that doesn't count.

7/21/2018 9:21:13 PM #3

Hi Stelaphina,

Are you still on NA-E? Are you open to playing on NA-W kingdoms?

As Sylvae pointed out, you'll likely find pockets of roleplay everywhere, in all kingdoms. Such is the diversity of the various communities here. But just as diverse is RP itself.

Do you have anything particular in mind? Do you have an interest in getting involved in politics and court intrigue? If so, I think you'll find the Royal Duchy in Ashland accommodating. Feel free to DM me. I'd love to make your acquaintance and would be happy to make some introductions.

p.s. Sylvae's also a lot of fun!

7/21/2018 10:02:34 PM #4

HI my Duchy of Latium we are light Role play. You can easily find area where will do a light Rp style of game. WE are inside the Kingdom of Arkadia. And you are welcome to join us if you want.

7/22/2018 5:07:39 AM #5

My Grand County of Heraldsmarch, in the Duchy of Rhyddid and Kingdom of Alesia on NAE is quite welcoming of Roleplayers like myself.

My Duchess Zhin Khovi (NiHZ) is a wonderful leader and has been working on RP and Lore for our Duchy and I believe she is even working on a roleplay tourney currently.

Lots of room for mayors and the like right now too!

7/22/2018 5:13:05 AM #6

If you are looking for a kingdom I recommend posting on the server forum you plan on playing on. There will also be a link to each kingdom discord and you may join those and get a feel for each of those.

7/22/2018 2:57:46 PM #7

well... everyone has his own view on whats roleplay... but considering how indepth everything in lotro is and how many mechanics are planned... I find it hard NOT to be roleplaying.

As I see it, the only difference between roleplayers and nonroleplayers in CoE will be how they text each other. Thats not that much. All those things that are considered optional roleplay in other games are just required mechanics here. Like eating, travelling, having to rest while travelling etc pp

And about texting... I guess, to people that write half sentences and abbreviations, I will add a little bonus to my prices whenever I sell something... for me, that has no place in a game like this, that means... in IC chat. In general chat, I dont care. But if my character doesnt understand what someone wants, he'll treat him like a fool and fool him.

Friend Code: 30EF47

7/25/2018 11:17:06 PM #8

I feel like most kingdom's have RP sections and groups of enthusiasts, so I am sure you can find one no matter which Kingdom you search out.

10/7/2018 7:59:41 PM #9

https://www.chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28779/all-roads-lead-to-the-duchy-of-wessex#post315174 Greetings, I understand I am late to the party but I just wanted to point out that The Duchy of Wessex will be playing on NA-W with our grace as the hand for his majesty King Valen. Wessex is well known for their RP and gameplay. So I would recommend checking them out.