COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
VR players?

Does anyone else here play in VR? I got an oculus rift not long ago. Not got skyrim vr modded yet and the movements not ideal (needs a treadmill!) Still, so much more immersive.

7/24/2018 12:24:17 PM #1

Love the VR, but rarely use it. Did see some VR that had this treadmill, could get behind that. Or moving around just feels way to weird. How does Skyrim play with it? Can't say I have tried any real games with it. Only ones where you are standing in one spot. Which mostly comes down to no room seems to be big enough.

7/24/2018 5:57:37 PM #2

Being an HTC Vive owner, it would be really cool to walk around my Manor in VR.... but I don't think it will happen from SbS

If you buy VorpX you should be able to do some basic functions, but truthfully it's not that great.

Alt text - can be left blank

7/25/2018 12:54:41 AM #3

I been wanting to get into VR. Whats the price point on a legit setup for VR to sky rim with the treadmill?

7/25/2018 6:35:06 AM #4

Posted By Gunnlang at 1:24 PM - Tue Jul 24 2018

Love the VR, but rarely use it. Did see some VR that had this treadmill, could get behind that. Or moving around just feels way to weird. How does Skyrim play with it? Can't say I have tried any real games with it. Only ones where you are standing in one spot. Which mostly comes down to no room seems to be big enough.

I'm in the middle of modding it at the moment with vortex. Half the hassles coming up with a stable build. Its so much more immersive though and looks awesome. Movement like I say isnt ideal. Due to the "sick" factor when moving most vr games now adopt a short range teleport system. Treadmills aren't that common yet. For some reason no one designed anything practical. I sent what I felt was a blatantly obvioys solution to HTC yesterday.

Posted By Felsing at 01:54 AM - Wed Jul 25 2018

I been wanting to get into VR. Whats the price point on a legit setup for VR to sky rim with the treadmill?

For a rift and 2 hand sensors its about £350. You'll need a decent graphics card etc tho. Mines an nvidea 980. Treadmills are another matter. Either not well rated or excessively expensive ie the best looking one at the mo is set to be 10k+. Best wsit a short while on that.

7/25/2018 12:31:12 PM #5

I honestly dont think we will see VR in this game unless some investors pitch in after a successful launch, but who knows.

Backer #733 "What do we tell the God of Death? not today... not today!"

7/25/2018 1:28:32 PM #6

Posted By jaspurc at 1:31 PM - Wed Jul 25 2018

I honestly dont think we will see VR in this game unless some investors pitch in after a successful launch, but who knows.

I think the OP is talking about VR in general and not about VR on CoE. Though it's something that would be possible, as i believe the UE4 engine supports it, it would just mean more development time to get it working with CoE in a respectable way.... better to work on the base game first :D

If you have a smart phone, like one made in the last 4-5 years (ish) you should be able to try VR without spending a lot of money. Like you can get a fairly decent headset for £20 in the UK (dunno about other places), and then you can download some free games through app stores to test, or load up some 360 youtube videos.

Beyond that you can get an app or two that links your PC to your phone to use it as a proper VR headset, can be a bit complicated to setup, but once it works, your good to go.

If you want proper quality graphics and such though, you'll be spending a lot for a proper vr setup.... so better off seeing if you like it with a phone first.

7/25/2018 11:15:00 PM #7

For a rift and 2 hand sensors its about £350. You'll need a decent graphics card etc tho. Mines an nvidea 980. Treadmills are another matter. Either not well rated or excessively expensive ie the best looking one at the mo is set to be 10k+. Best wsit a short while on that.

Wow! yeah i'd have to wait on the treadmill... That is wild! But i guess it makes sense.

If you have a smart phone, like one made in the last 4-5 years (ish) you should be able to try VR without spending a lot of money. Like you can get a fairly decent headset for £20 in the UK (dunno about other places), and then you can download some free games through app stores to test, or load up some 360 youtube videos.

Beyond that you can get an app or two that links your PC to your phone to use it as a proper VR headset, can be a bit complicated to setup, but once it works, your good to go.

If you want proper quality graphics and such though, you'll be spending a lot for a proper vr setup.... so better off seeing if you like it with a phone first.

I might try this out first. This definitely seems like a safe option.

Thanks!

7/26/2018 11:45:43 AM #8

have to say I've just modded skyrim vr to spruce up the graphics, gameplay, skill trees, content, effects, sound and all manner of things. It's so much better than the original and so much more immersive.

7/26/2018 12:55:48 PM #9

Posted By Oracle at 9:45 PM - Thu Jul 26 2018

have to say I've just modded skyrim vr to spruce up the graphics, gameplay, skill trees, content, effects, sound and all manner of things. It's so much better than the original and so much more immersive.

That's one reason I was really tempted to get it. Played some simple RPG in VR. Besides nearly falling over every time I died. Really got into the game, but the game itself was pretty dam broken. So didn't get very far.

7/26/2018 2:54:18 PM #10

I got myself a Rift near launch, pre-ordered and paid exorbitantly for the privilege. Pre-ordered the Touch controllers, paid over the odds for those too, only for them to half the price after 2 months!

All in all, I've not got the use out of it that I should have but that's all changed now. Oracle - you need to get yourself Beat Saber, even if you're not a fan of rhythm games, it's the visceral feeling of chopping blocks with a freakin lightsabre. My love for Kali\Eskrima also helps.

Would definitely like to see what Skyrim VR has to offer though and other games, have you seen the trailer for Seeking Dawn?

Not tried VorpX, thankfully I seem to be fairly immune to VR sickness, occasionally get a little wobble playing windlands but that's with smooth turning and all other comfort settings off.

Oracle and anyone else who wants to friend me on Rift I am FN-2187. Who knows maybe one day VorpX and some decent input mods will get us into ElyriaVR.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

10/24/2018 6:17:53 AM #11

Caspian has confirmed that VR will eventually be a thing, just definitely not at launch or even soon after.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

11/7/2018 8:25:01 PM #12

I was browsing the internet on haptic gear for VR and found a product being built called the teslasuit. Basically not only lets you feel the virtual world but also the temperature change in the enviorment (desert or glaciers).

I wonder if they would ever implement something like that for Elyria. If so I can see myself not leaving Elyria often.

11/10/2018 2:33:29 AM #13

I have a headset but I haven't really used it aside from the occasional bout of VR Chat. I tried Skyrim VR but I wasn't a big fan of the melee combat, and one big issue I have with VR is how unnatural motion feels. In a racing/flight simulator VR really shines because you don't have to move around, but when you're standing and your view is moving around it feels super weird IMO.

11/10/2018 3:22:18 AM #14

VR is great, but most of the games are garbage. Rec Room, VRChat, Gorn, and H3 are the only ones that have kept my attention for more than an hour or two.

The technology is promising though, I imagine it'll improve by leaps and bounds now that the groundwork has been set.

Referral Code: 912EC9

11/10/2018 6:29:13 AM #15

Most games for VR are pretty horrible, but there are some that are quite good.

Beat Saber is probably the best game currently released for VR, I just wish there was a native support for custom songs (you basically have to install a mod to make the game accept custom beatmaps).

From Other Suns is also a quite good first person FTL-like.

I'm very surprised that there is not a single Black&White, Creatures or Sims clone yet. One would think those types of games are the ones that would most naturally fit with VR.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.