COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
weaponry slots

Being a Jack if all trades, guard. Such as training at many schools of combat, learning many styles and techniques. Can I have a 2H weapon, two medium smaller weapons, and throwing axes/knives all worn at once. My bow or Xbow can stay on my horse or cart when not being primary use.

So besides being able to use all of them efficiently is it a good thought. One back weapon, two side slots/belt and another strap chest belt for throwing weapons.

Obviously back weaponry carry style is completely unreal but it would feel real enough to have. Two side weapons makes sense. Looking for other ideas and opinions

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/25/2018 9:17:07 AM #1

In this case it's going to be all about the weight your character can carry. It's going to be very difficult to carry all that around, let alone move around effectively in combat.

After that it'll come down to finding the right type of clothing/armour to wear that will help to holster all that equipment. No doubt there will be equipment that can hold each type of that weaponry, and you can mix and match clothing/armour pieces, so it "might" be possible to achieve what you have described, but i don't believe any dev has directly described what you are saying.... maybe a question for a future Q&A? :D

But lets say you can do all of the above... CoE doesn't have an instant equip system. If you want to change weapons, you'd have to holster what your carrying, or put it down, and then get out the next weapon, so in a combat situation, your not really going to be able to use any of the extra weapons, just the weapons your holding, otherwise the person your fighting is just going to strike when you start to switch weapons.

So besides from looking cool, and a threat to an inexperienced to combat player, your likely going to find yourself ineffective in combat.

Now if all the weapons you had on you were small and easily accessible, like throwing daggers/stars/etc, then i could see that being a thing, but larger weapons are just going to hinder you while carrying a lot.

All that being said though, the dev's are still working on combat themed stuff, so it might be something you can do.

7/25/2018 10:49:59 AM #2

Good reply

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/25/2018 1:24:50 PM #3

I was hoping it'd fall in the line that the "back slot" type of weapon, the big one's, are always held on your hand or on a sling like a rifle. You could potentially have more than one sword on your side, two if you think you're fancy, and a dagger. That was the general loadout of any medieval soldier. You wouldn't normally be carrying a "war" weapon (that two handed big-un) but it'd give you an advantage over the normal sidearms in open combat; you'll just look suspicious the whole time walking around town with it on your person.

7/25/2018 3:59:37 PM #4

I plan on fighting with a spear n shield, while having a short sword on my left hip and three javelins on my back. My troops and I will train hard to be mobile and effective in our fighting style. my thinking when it comes to using multiple weapons is dropping them then switching to something else. The javelins can be used when harassing an enemy and falling back. It all boils down to mechanics but combat research is a main focus of mine.