COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Stories of Danceras

Hello,

after looking at the skill-flower posted some time ago I could not sleep well in one night. Trying to calm my thoughts spinning round and round about CoE, skills, characters, reputation and so on I started writing a little story about a character I would like to make and try out later inside the game. Well, as English is not my mother tongue it would be nice if you could forgive some mistakes I could have made. Please enjoy.

Stories of Danceras

Come closer my friends and listen to my words. Now when the sun is slowly going down is the right time to tell a story. And I... I will tell you a story. One I have heard with exact the same words from my great-grandfather who have heard it when he was a little boy from his great-grandfather and so on. You like to know how old this story is? Well, it happened in a period when the great street leading south was not constructed but we the Dras have been long chased away by the Janoa. But I have now spoken enough about time let us start with the story.

The incidents I want to report are related to a Dras called Danceras. Some of you may know her under the name “Floating Starlight”. Ha, I can see some who know the end of this story and how she got that nickname are smiling and nodding your head. But did you know that she had other names as well?

The crude tongues of the Brudvir are calling her “Whirling Snowflake”. The Hrothi named her “Flowing Marble” and still there are some who try to carve her movements into stone. Danceras was well known by the Neran too, who named a white butterfly after her. She is considered by the Kypiq as “Sister of the crane”, by the To´resk as “Gushing Spindrift” and by the Waerd as “Swaying Sandstorm”. There is even an old saying of the Janoa that have its origins in Danceras. They are saying if someone does not have good luck in hunting one must have encountered the ghost of the “White Wildcat”.

You see this story is about the famous Dras Danceras and how some of the other names where given to her.

Quid sit futurum cras, fuge quaerere! (Horaz)