COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Anyone from Mortal Online

I was just curious to see who is coming over from my favorite game Mortal Online to CoE. :)

I am Maxstor from Mortal Online.Anyone who wanted to sign up for CoE and wanted to help another person this is my referral code lets play together. 3E6C85

7/28/2018 7:22:01 PM #1

yea,im

7/28/2018 7:24:20 PM #2

You know I am and the rest of the templars would love to recruit more MO vets if any are still looking for a group.

House of Sarduca NA-E Luna, Kingdom of Bordweall, County of Redwald
Deus Vult

7/28/2018 8:44:00 PM #3

So I may be out of line here, but when I think of MO, I think of pvpers. Players that enjoy fighting other players to the point that one of them dies.

And when I see low post counts with no avatar pictures, I think of someone who probably has yet to complete their research into CoE.

If I am assuming incorrectly, please disregard me. CoE has world-wide pvp enabled. You can kill anyone anywhere. As often as you can get away with. However, there is a system in place to make to make pvp a possibly counter-productive experience. I just feel like you deserve to know.

It is possibly to interview witnesses and gather evidence (even from the victim's body) and craft that into a bounty token. So players are rewarded for seeking you out and dispatching whatever justice is listed in their bounty contract.

Murder stains your soul and the more you do it, the more severe your spirit loss will be whenever you are coup-de-grac'd (CDG). This means your characters will actually live a shorter life span as a result, which in turn means having to buy a Spark of Life (usually with real money) more often than other players.

There will be a lizard known as a Leffit that people can wear around their shoulders. It alerts their owner when someone with a dark soul is nearby.

Players who are killed can only experience spirit loss once every 2.5 hours. So killing the same person over and over doesn't really harm them aside from inventory loss.

If you kill enough people, your infamy will actually spread across NPCs to areas that you haven't even been to yet. This makes the guards aggro if they identify you and this in turn prevents you from having easy access to things like food, water, shelter.

In the interest of fairness, there are a few systems working for you. You can actually frame people for your crimes. You steal a piece of their clothing and craft a disguise. This can cause later evidence and witness testimony to point the finger at the wrong person. Keep in mind anyone from your family or the family of your disguise instantly sees through it.

There are also methods of concealing your identity such as wearing a hood or cowl that blocks your face. There are no floating name plates above your heads so it is much harder to identify people. You can use this to your advantage.

I am sure I haven't thought of everything related to this, but I hope it gives you an idea what you're stepping into. Simply swarming people and killing / looting them isn't as ideal as in a MMO such as MO.

7/28/2018 8:54:33 PM #4

We are not new just haven't been on the forums much I personally prefer discord. While most of what you say is true I am curious as to if you have actually played MO? You are aware there are arpk guilds and even many rpk guilds fought with a considerable amount of honor. Besides that your completely disregarding legitimate war in which nothing above in your post as far as I have understood it applies. Maybe I'm wrong on that? Just to give you a bit of insight to my group. Templars or Temp was a arpk guild based in sarducca. Specifically we patrolled and defended the capital city of Beth Jedda for about a year. For CoE we are a primarily mounted group with focus on war and law enforcement. Not to say some nefarious deeds will not be done on occasion, but it is not the focus of our group.

Deus Vult

7/28/2018 9:06:00 PM #5

I did back Mortal online though it didn't turn out to be what I was looking for.

Friend code: FF2B6D
7/28/2018 9:10:12 PM #6

Posted By Athad at 3:06 PM - Sat Jul 28 2018

I did back Mortal online though it didn't turn out to be what I was looking for.

How so?

Deus Vult

7/28/2018 10:09:05 PM #7

Present !!! I played a shit load Mortal, though I admit the game as 1 million flows.

Posted By BigStan at 10:44 PM - Sat Jul 28 2018

So I may be out of line here, but when I think of MO, I think of pvpers. Players that enjoy fighting other players to the point that one of them dies.

And when I see low post counts with no avatar pictures, I think of someone who probably has yet to complete their research into CoE.

If I am assuming incorrectly, please disregard me. CoE has world-wide pvp enabled. You can kill anyone anywhere. As often as you can get away with. However, there is a system in place to make to make pvp a possibly counter-productive experience. I just feel like you deserve to know.

It is possibly to interview witnesses and gather evidence (even from the victim's body) and craft that into a bounty token. So players are rewarded for seeking you out and dispatching whatever justice is listed in their bounty contract.

Murder stains your soul and the more you do it, the more severe your spirit loss will be whenever you are coup-de-grac'd (CDG). This means your characters will actually live a shorter life span as a result, which in turn means having to buy a Spark of Life (usually with real money) more often than other players.

There will be a lizard known as a Leffit that people can wear around their shoulders. It alerts their owner when someone with a dark soul is nearby.

Players who are killed can only experience spirit loss once every 2.5 hours. So killing the same person over and over doesn't really harm them aside from inventory loss.

If you kill enough people, your infamy will actually spread across NPCs to areas that you haven't even been to yet. This makes the guards aggro if they identify you and this in turn prevents you from having easy access to things like food, water, shelter.

In the interest of fairness, there are a few systems working for you. You can actually frame people for your crimes. You steal a piece of their clothing and craft a disguise. This can cause later evidence and witness testimony to point the finger at the wrong person. Keep in mind anyone from your family or the family of your disguise instantly sees through it.

There are also methods of concealing your identity such as wearing a hood or cowl that blocks your face. There are no floating name plates above your heads so it is much harder to identify people. You can use this to your advantage.

I am sure I haven't thought of everything related to this, but I hope it gives you an idea what you're stepping into. Simply swarming people and killing / looting them isn't as ideal as in a MMO such as MO.

I think the guy just asked around if there were other players from that game. And since both COE and MO are sandbox MMORPGs, it makes sense they cater to the same kind of audience.

7/29/2018 7:44:41 AM #8

true that yeah I'm trying to see if any old friends coming over to this game seeing MO dying out. I will try to gather mounteds oriented players together under one banner and build an army of horsemen. all the skills people got playing MO mounted for years will be valuable to CoE

I am Maxstor from Mortal Online.Anyone who wanted to sign up for CoE and wanted to help another person this is my referral code lets play together. 3E6C85

7/29/2018 8:01:01 AM #9

We have Mortal Online veterans in my Duchy of Anor on EU Selene. I'm lucky to have them 😁👍🏼everyone is welcome

Alduin

10/7/2018 6:54:20 PM #10

Old Mortal online player here! I was apart of Forsaken and now Hellscorps haha. I seriously have huge expectations for this game.