COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Question about Nerans.

I see that one of their racial abilities is, "Approximately a 20% increase in the rate of learning new skills." Does that only apply to learning a new skill, or does it also apply to building up that skill?

7/27/2018 10:57:42 PM #1

As I understand it, you can learn everything 20% faster, but they should only be mediocre, but they can not do everything perfectly. For example, there are some stems that can not handle some things because of their biome and body size, so these tribes specialize in a few professions, making them legendary in the profession and making Neran a master or grandmaster. It may be that even a Neran can become legendary but that will probably be more difficult in the end and will ultimately take longer.

I've translated that with Google Translate for spelling mistakes I apologize.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

8/24/2018 9:22:09 PM #2

I think that is one of those details that have yet to be fleshed out. Since we don't know yet how long it takes to learn a skill (or if different skills have different learning times), we can only try to influence the design. For one, a 20% bonus to learning overall would be OP. Just to learn a new skill though to the next level, would be fine.

8/24/2018 10:15:29 PM #3

Posted By timsmith76 at

I see that one of their racial abilities is, "Approximately a 20% increase in the rate of learning new skills." Does that only apply to learning a new skill, or does it also apply to building up that skill?

Huh, I somehow missed this post, first time around. We could end up changing things as skill work will be done throughout the push to launch the game (and beyond, no doubt), but: It applies to learning a new skill. New, in this case, refers to skills that you haven't yet reached the apprentice level in.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter