COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Waerd Country?

Hi! Unashamed lurker here! I work too much lol Anyway, I've been around for about two years now and I think it's about time I found a community to settle down in. I haven't seen anything about mapping regions and sorting out the kingdom terrains yet. I know that's a discussion that will happen in the next few months, but I was wondering if anyone knows a kingdom over here on the west coast server that plans to host the arid region for the Waerd. I plan on traveling around anyway but being a waerd I'll probably need a home, you know?

Thanks in advance! Any help is much appreciated!

Astronomer. Sailor. Desert Admirer. And the only Waerd supporter in CoE?

7/30/2018 10:29:39 AM #1

Good luck

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/30/2018 7:17:16 PM #2

Hello, Nova_Loyola.

As you've noted the "mapping of the regions and sorting out the kingdom terrains," hasn't happened yet. Map Voting where the community will weigh in all the potential server maps in phases, and vote for the geopolitical landscape of the first continent, followed by Domain and Settlement Selection for kingdom, duchy, and settlement placement.

As for Kingdoms looking into the Waerd, there isn't any open declarations to my knowledge and it can't really be relied on as tribe placements aren't final until Domain Selection and the monarchs have selected their kingdoms. Though it doesn't hurt to check in all the kingdom discords to feel things out, or the CoE-NA-West community server. Ask questions, take your time in getting to know the communities out there.

You also have the option to import tribes in whatever place you choose to settle during Kingdoms of Elyria to have a headstart in creating your potential bloodline.

From the #soul-chamber in the CoE Discord:

Caspian: In the first days of ElyriaMUD [VoxElyria] there won't be kingdoms. It'll just be land, without governments. As we introduce settlements, counties, duchies, and kingdoms, it will be possible to create a character in any family you like, from any tribe, and then migrate and settle wherever you like. Just like in CoE.

And yes, if, once KoE begins, you go create a character and then migrate to a foreign land, there will be a representative family in CoE during Exposition. We recognize some people want to use KoE / Expo as a way to min/max and get the combination of tribe and domain they think they'll enjoy most. Whether or not they'll actually enjoy it is unknown, but it's do-able.

7/30/2018 9:41:58 PM #3

i would say its best to wait until the map placement is complete if you want to be waerd and live in its biome.

7/31/2018 5:15:03 AM #4

Posted By Varhukan at 03:29 AM - Mon Jul 30 2018

Good luck

I'm sure I'll need it! Are you also interested in the Waerd? I feel like I might be alone here haha

7/31/2018 5:21:40 AM #5

Posted By Xeyska at 12:17 PM - Mon Jul 30 2018

Hello, Nova_Loyola.

As you've noted the "mapping of the regions and sorting out the kingdom terrains," hasn't happened yet. Map Voting where the community will weigh in all the potential server maps in phases, and vote for the geopolitical landscape of the first continent, followed by Domain and Settlement Selection for kingdom, duchy, and settlement placement.

As for Kingdoms looking into the Waerd, there isn't any open declarations to my knowledge and it can't really be relied on as tribe placements aren't final until Domain Selection and the monarchs have selected their kingdoms. Though it doesn't hurt to check in all the kingdom discords to feel things out, or the CoE-NA-West community server. Ask questions, take your time in getting to know the communities out there.

You also have the option to import tribes in whatever place you choose to settle during Kingdoms of Elyria to have a headstart in creating your potential bloodline.

From the #soul-chamber in the CoE Discord:

Caspian: In the first days of ElyriaMUD [VoxElyria] there won't be kingdoms. It'll just be land, without governments. As we introduce settlements, counties, duchies, and kingdoms, it will be possible to create a character in any family you like, from any tribe, and then migrate and settle wherever you like. Just like in CoE.

And yes, if, once KoE begins, you go create a character and then migrate to a foreign land, there will be a representative family in CoE during Exposition. We recognize some people want to use KoE / Expo as a way to min/max and get the combination of tribe and domain they think they'll enjoy most. Whether or not they'll actually enjoy it is unknown, but it's do-able.

This is some great information! Thanks! But I guess no one is going to know for a while. I'm sure some kingdoms might have an idea about what environment they want to reign in, but I don't imagine they'll make any kind of announcement until we get closer to the map decisions. In the meantime I'll take your advice and check out discord! Thanks again for your help!

Posted By Lemonsquid at 2:41 PM - Mon Jul 30 2018

i would say its best to wait until the map placement is complete if you want to be waerd and live in its biome.

Thank you! Any advice is appreciated, though I feel like this bit of information might be useful to more than just me. Hopefully discord will be able to help!

10/28/2018 2:48:40 AM #6

Apologies for necro-ing this post, but I was about to ask something along the same lines.

Now that we have map voting, I can see that all the maps have two kingdoms with Waerd biomes.

1. Waerd, Neran, Kypiq
  2. Waerd, Neran, Dras, To'resk

Any information on which kingdoms might be leaning toward one of these clusters?

(Apologies if this is covered elsewhere. I mostly lurk and have certainly missed a lot of discussions.)

Avid wiki editor, with a special interest in categories, navboxes, and infoboxes.