COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Some VR Swordplay While You Wait For CoE

I happened upon this game the other day, Blade & Sorcery. Still in development but expected to hit early access on Steam by the end of this year. I grabbed a few .gifs of one of the tester's gameplay to give you an idea of what it's like.

Fair warning, it's pretty brutal (although no worse than CoE plans to be).

Very brief spear & shield fight.

Good demonstration of the animation blending, and telekinesis.

2 for 2.

It's VR exclusive (Oculus & Vive) but for those of us with headsets it could be a fun little passtime while we wait. Cheers!

EDIT: New YouTube video just came out: VR lets you do some crazy shit.

Referral Code: 912EC9

8/1/2018 12:39:50 PM #1

I can see myself possibly falling over for this one. Literally not figuratively.

I once took my Rift to work to demo it. Had colleagues on the Bullet Train demo and one got a little too involved, he's an RAF reservist, could see his breathing getting heavier and he was making some pretty rapid movements turning this way and that. Eventually, he backed up too far and this put an almighty tug on the hdmi cable and it broke some pins :(

Luckily I got it fixed though. :)

I'm FN-2187 on Oculus if anyone wants to friend me.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

8/1/2018 5:36:24 PM #2

I really need to get the rift. This only makes me want it all the more...

8/2/2018 12:51:43 PM #3

Damn that looks fun as hell.

I cant wait for the day when vr and tech get to the point that games can host complete full historical battles.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/5/2018 7:49:24 PM #4

This looks amazing, Beat Saber on the vive is the closest I've got to a good sword game so far.. and you're not even fighting people

8/6/2018 2:08:07 AM #5

Referral Code: 912EC9